Sign in to follow this  
blasterP

Tito vs Chuck again on TUF 11=bad idea!

I think that having Tito and Chuck coaching again on TUF 11 is a bad idea. It will be the same old same old thing again from the past from two aging fighters. Why could'nt Dana have got some other fighters to serve as coaches for TUF 11? My pick would be Sanchez vs Guida as coaches and then having them fight again in a rematch in the finale in the lightweight class.The lightweight class has always been exciting to watch because of their speed, cardio and heart . Any comments on who your choices would be?

I think that having Tito and Chuck coaching again on TUF 11 is a bad idea. It will be the same old same old thing again from the past from two aging fighters. Why could'nt Dana have got some other fighters to serve as coaches for TUF 11? My pick would be Sanchez vs Guida as coaches and then having them fight again in a rematch in the finale in the lightweight class.The lightweight class has always been exciting to watch because of their speed' date=' cardio and heart . Any comments on who your choices would be?[/quote']

I disagree, chuck liddell is awesome and I'd love it if he smashes tito's face in again. The iceman FTW ! He also has alot to offer to young fighters. I think this will hype up the fight and it will be an awesome fight no doubt. Remember what they said abo Nog vs. Randy it turned out to be an awesome fight too.

i agree 100% was so excited for them to announce the next coaches. Hope are they passing on Diego/Joe Daddy/ Kenny / Guida. Any combo of these guys would make for a way better season. Chuck and Tito both coming off loses ( both basically coming out of retirment ). Wtf is the build up there? they fought so long ago already. I mean Diego vs Kenny would have been unreal. Fact that they were both in TUF 1 together... and Kenny lost to Diego on the show, and ohhh god just so frustrating. Like really, Chuck and Tito is a FAIL imo.

at least they both are willing to coach their fighters, instead of being one-sided like this past season.

.... C'mon... now's a PERFECT time to put in Torres & Faber as coaches. That's a fight I'd personally like to see, I dont know about the rest of you.

The only reason I wanted to watch this season was because of the buildup of the coaches fighting. Chuck is going to stop Tito in the first round again. Tito can't take him down and has no striking. I sure don't care to listen to Ortiz for another season. Luckily I can watch just the fights and skip that aspect. Hopefully the talent for this season will be better than last, although a few of those guys the show really seemed to improve their game.

GSP vs Hardy would have been way better. Too bad not enough time.

IMO it's a terrible idea and probably is going to make a bad season unless they really pick up some talented young fighters. Chuck, as great a fighter as he was, has been on the decline for quite awhile and now has had a long lay off which will be much longer after shooting a season of TUF. Tito hasn't won a fight since '06 and it was a against an over the hill Ken Shamrock. Chuck has already beat Tito twice. Could they have made a worse choice? Maybe Tank Abbott and Keith Hackney. I guess Dana is trying to win over more of the mainstream population and is trying to cash in on Chuck's stint on "Dancing with the Stars."

I think that having Tito and Chuck coaching again on TUF 11 is a bad idea. It will be the same old same old thing again from the past from two aging fighters. Why could'nt Dana have got some other fighters to serve as coaches for TUF 11? My pick would be Sanchez vs Guida as coaches and then having them fight again in a rematch in the finale in the lightweight class.The lightweight class has always been exciting to watch because of their speed' date=' cardio and heart . Any comments on who your choices would be?[/quote']

To tell you the truth I am not concerned on who dana white picked as coaches Im just concerned about the fighters. And remember the show is called the ultimate fighter not the ultimate coach "quoted by rampage jackson"

IMO it's a terrible idea and probably is going to make a bad season unless they really pick up some talented young fighters. Chuck' date=' as great a fighter as he was, has been on the decline for quite awhile and now has had a long lay off which will be much longer after shooting a season of TUF. Tito hasn't won a fight since '06 and it was a against an over the hill Ken Shamrock. Chuck has already beat Tito twice. Could they have made a worse choice? Maybe Tank Abbott and Keith Hackney. I guess Dana is trying to win over more of the mainstream population and is trying to cash in on Chuck's stint on "Dancing with the Stars."[/quote']

He also beat Forrest Griffin that year, and beat everybody's new favorite man-crush Vitor the year before that. He also fought Rashad to a draw, which he should have won except for a BS point deduction, in '07. Tito has shown potential of being where he used to be, but his last fight he looked awful.

It is a terrible idea. The problem with the other suggestions of Diego, Guida etc. is that these guys are all young and would absolutely SUCK at coaching! Could you imagine Diego a coach? haha He'd just preach about his phony Jesus the whole time and then say some other nonsensical things while encouraging the fighters to listen to Tony Robbins tapes for motivation and then walk around shouting "yes" to himself. A fun fighter does not a good coach make.

The bind DW is in, is that the good coaches are all old washed-up fighters like Hughes, Chuck, Tito etc. The good fights are all ****ty coaches. No one wants to watch Tito-Chuck 3. But no one wants to watch another coaching fiasco like Rampage. I wouldn't mind seeing Dean Lister as a coach, of course he'd never be a big ratings draw as a main eventer even though his fights are usually ok.

I guess Dana is trying to win over more of the mainstream population and is trying to cash in on Chuck's stint on "Dancing with the Stars."

That seems likely. Dana is nothing if not a good businessman. The Kimbo hype worked as far as ratings (it also did a lot to alienate TUF fans, so the hype better come with a payoff, or true TUF fans will start looking elsewhere). Both Chuck and Tito have done major network reality shows -- their names are among the best known to the "outside" world. But a match between those two? Meh.

I found myself wondering about ratings when Bisping/Hendo were coaching. Bisping did his usual best to be the biggest tw*t he could, but Hendo is just so level-headed, it all rolled off him (which I love about that guy). There really wasn't any coach-to-coach drama.

But as someone else here said, I'm much more interested in the talent they find for TUF. Hope it's good. It must be hard to keep finding guys who can compete at a high level.

I think it's a great idea and an ideal vehicle to get Chuck back in the octagon. It'll make for good TV and should result in some tension between the two as they are no spring chickens and are both looking to have another realistic run toward a title shot so will be desperate to get the win. I can't stand Tito personally but for a show like this he's perfect.

Personally, the series that just ended was destroyed for me by the fact that it had barely started in the UK when we learned the coaches weren't gonna fight, it's gonna be better than this season for sure.

I'll be backing the iceman all the way!

That seems likely. Dana is nothing if not a good businessman. The Kimbo hype worked as far as ratings (it also did a lot to alienate TUF fans' date=' so the hype better come with a payoff, or true TUF fans will start looking elsewhere). Both Chuck and Tito have done major network reality shows -- their names are among the best known to the "outside" world. But a match between those two? Meh.

I found myself wondering about ratings when Bisping/Hendo were coaching. Bisping did his usual best to be the biggest tw*t he could, but Hendo is just so level-headed, it all rolled off him (which I love about that guy). There really wasn't any coach-to-coach drama.

But as someone else here said, I'm much more interested in the talent they find for TUF. Hope it's good. It must be hard to keep finding guys who can compete at a high level.[/quote']

And bringing in the NFL players on last TUF season 10...that was actually business brilliance. I read a lot of forums where NFL fans had never seen an MMA fight, before hearing that NFL players would be on TUF. That's cross promotion at it's finest...and then, bringing in the Hulkster to ramble on an ad for TNT?????

PUH-LLLLLLLEEEEEEEASE!

As if there wasn't enough bad press from the fans about the UFC starting to look more like WWF...

And you would think by watching TUF that it's difficult to find high-level competitors...actually, it's harder to find guys that people already know a little bit about and who "look" like TV stars over serious fighters. Check out the WEC's top fighters. Hardly any of them have the "look" that the UFC fighters do yet, they are some of the most serious, well-rounded fighters in the sport today.

TV ratings are what this is a bout here people...not legitimate, high-level competition. It's all about the $$$...I just wish they would pick from the best fighters and not the best-looking fighters...

It is a terrible idea. The problem with the other suggestions of Diego' date=' Guida etc. is that these guys are all young and would absolutely SUCK at coaching! Could you imagine Diego a coach? haha He'd just preach about his phony Jesus the whole time and then say some other nonsensical things while encouraging the fighters to listen to Tony Robbins tapes for motivation and then walk around shouting "yes" to himself. A fun fighter does not a good coach make.

.[/quote']

good thing its not TUC - The Ultimate Coach

good thing its not TUC - The Ultimate Coach

You're right. It's not so much about the coaching as it is about the fighters. But, that being said, they are put on teams and I thought that the whole thing about TUF, besides the ratings, was that it involves fighters who can stand to have their game improved a bit and to see who can last the season mentally and physically.

So, I think it is important for the coaches to be of a coaching caliber. Not all fighters are good coaches and not all coaches make good fighters. In fact, I would say that most fighters could whoops their trainers **** in the ring. But, they still require an outside source for knowledge and analysis of their game.

The fighters from Season 10 showed great improvement in their game at last night's finale...and it is due to great camps and great coaching.

The fighters from Season 10 showed great improvement in their game at last night's finale.

Well, some of 'em, anyway. But I was shocked by how abysmal Marcus' stand-up was. Didn't see one iota of improvement from when he was on the show.

Anyone who thinks Chuck should come back and fight is a **** imo. Did you see how terrible his last 5 fights were? Did you ever see that interview he did where he was falling asleep? Did you hear him talk after his loss to Shogun? He sounds terrible, his gut sticks out more than it ever has, and he has lost his punching power and ability to move. I was a big Chuck fan and will support him in whatever he wants to do, but I can almost guarantee that even if Chuck wins against Tito (which he probably will) the next person he fights will most likely be another aging star (not another Chuck and Randy rematch please) or some under-card talent that wants to have a measuring stick in the business to propel him to the main card. Chuck is washed up and done. Tito has some spunk left in him, but he'll never be a competitor in this day for a title when he has to fight Machida, Shogun, Evans, Vera, ect... should I keep going? God forbid Dana White lets either of these poor old fighters fight Anderson Silva at LHW. Worst case scenario for Tito or Chuck (whichever wins) Is they are probably going to be matched up against Jon Jones so he can get a big fight on the map. I believe Dana White puts too much faith in what Chuck believes he can do. If Chuck continues to fight, I will predict his career-ending and crippling injury in early 2011 (if he makes it that long).

Now after the long ranting (sorry forum readers), I think the best draw for TUF 11 would be Machida vs Shogun. That first fight has so much uproar and controversy that it can't go wrong, plus they are both skilled fighters with alot of experience to pass on to younger fighters.

I think the best draw for TUF 11 would be Machida vs Shogun.

Yeah, except all the fighters would have to speak Portuguese.

so are you complaining about tito and chuck being coaches, or that tito and chuck will fight a 3rd time?

If its about them being coaches IMO they are 2 of the best ufc fighter/coaches they can get and thats not a problem with me.

and im not against seeing tito get smahed a 3rd time, infact i am looking forward to it, and the excuses tito comes up with

I think this was a bad idea as well. I liek CHUCK, but this is not going to be a good fight at the end, no matter how mcuh Drama Titio brings during the house. Why not Machida and Shogun? Why not Anderson and Henderson? Oh wait! lol

It is a terrible choice. Whats even worse is that they put Coleman vs Coture in ufc 109. And lets not forget they just had Phil Baroni in the Octagon.....I have no idea why all these poor choices keep happening.

I actually like the idea of Chuck and Tito coaching. Although the fight at the end of the series is not an exciting prospect, both have been coaches before and should understand what prospective fighters need, and have a wealth of experience and knowledge having both competed at the highest level of the UFC. They are probably the two most successful LHW's in UFC history, and any contestants can only benefit from their assistance.

So does this mean Tito won't be fighting again for a year? I understand the choice of coaches is great for the business side, but this definitely harms Tito and Chuck in the long run. Tito needs to get back to fighting ASAP if he truly is serious about becoming a contender. Chuck will be almost 40 when this fight happens, and should be spending time re-packaging himself with a new camp instead of wasting time being a coach. The best thing for Chuck fighting wise is to be completely out of the spotlight and to be ready to fight for the summer. I really don't like this decision, but then again, who can you really pick to be a coach?

Pretty darn boring is what I think. Chuck seems to have some pull in what the UFC does and it aint a positive thing at all. The UFC seems to evolve around chuck and it shouldn't be that way at all. I'm sorry but damn he's a old boring fighter who wants to continue in the business anyway possible. A few examples of chucks influence is when GSP fought bj penn and chuck noticed something and he immediately told dana about the grease incident. Just because Rashad was in the corner of GSP and the one who knocked him out cold. Everything blown out of proportion. Another incident is when Spike put on a special for chuck called ultimate chuck showcasing his past fights glorifying an old over the hill fighter. Man there are other fighters who are more entertaining who should of had a special on them e.g. anderson silva, Randy Coutour, bj penn. etc. Then there was dancing with the stars....I'm not going to even talk about this except whenever that show came on I changed the channel. It would be in the best interest for the UFC to ditch the old man and concentrate on the new talent. Make this happen so I don't have to see his stupid celebration he puts on when he wins not that he'll get back into the winning ways. Although it would be nice to see him get knocked the f**k out. lol

To be honest i know people are saying its not 'The Ultimate Coach', but the fighters are there to learn and improve at the end of the day and they can't do that without someone who at least has some sort of clue on what they're doing. Chuck and Tito will make good coaches and will more than likely produce drama throughout the series, unfortunately like many others i feel another fight between them is pointless. I know id rather watch Rashad and Rampage slug it out than Chuck and Tito.

I love these two coaching against each other. Gonna be great.

I find it strange that a lot of people on here complain about Chuck, but every time I see him in public, people can't get enough of him, and are star struck.

i think chuck v tito will be a good fight but they shudnt coach tuf 11

Tito did an AWESOME job as coach on his season. One of the best coaching jobs from a TUF season. And Chuck is well.....Chuck.

As much as I would complain about TUF 11, I know I'm going to watch every episode as well as the fight. So yeah can't call it a bad idea until its all said and done.

This is why TUF 11 is what it is

6fpu7va.png

who wouldnt want to be trained by c.liddell........thats like turning gsp or couture down for wrestling tips......CRACK his skull CHUCKIE.......tito is garbage, n hes been garbage for years now......go out w the last KO of your carreer....

Lets hope tito fires chuck back up at least for a couple more fights... I personally thought tito did a good job coaching too .. but thats about it .. he's way to full of himself and to always walk around sticking his finger up like he's number one (even after he loses) just doesnt make sense to me .. wish he'd win a few first

I honestly hope that this lights a fire under uncle chucks butt. he went out on some tough loses.i want nothing more than for chuck to come back and putt a hurting on tito!and show tito why he is a hall of famer

Lets see here... both tito and chuck will draw a crowd, both of them did a good job coaching in previous seasons, they have bad blood for each other to make the show interesting and who doenst want to see them battle it out again? Chuck is in there to prove he can still knock people out and tito is in there to prove he has improved and can take out a legend? If this fight cant be a main event what the **** is couture and coleman?

Chuck and Tito again is just stupid....We have allready seen Liddell kick Tito's **** twice, So the drama of whos gonna win the coach fight at the end is pretty much gone. So what else is drawing us to this TUF season the enjoyment of watching Chuck and Tito Coach well, thats just lame. There are so many different coaches they could of picked .... UFC has being doing some really dumb stuff lately

I like the idea. Especially since it's Chuck. Remember who he brought to the UFC from Season one of TUF?

Forrest Griffin

Diego Sanchez

Kos

Kenny Florian

Other memorable fighters from Season 1:

Mike Swick

Stephen Bonnar

Nate Quarry

Chris Leben

no better way for chuck to retire than smashing tito's face in..i believe the only reason he is fighting again is because he wants to leave with a victory and dana is smart to know that since the evolution of the sport has surpassed chucks abilities to be a key fighter,tito is also a limited fighter that chuck could still beat

The only reason Im for this is because this is an awesome opportunity for Chuck Liddel to have some redemption. He has lost 4 of his last 5 fights. I think we will see a much different Chuck, a much more improved Chuck after T.U.F. and after he stomps Tito. Im not saying he will be the person to defeat Machida or anything. But I think despite his age he will surprize everybody and come back as an all around better fighter.

chuck/tito are both gonna be good coaches but chuck is just gonna beat the crap outta him again.better coaching ideas would be

shogun/machida

vitor/a.silva

forrest/tito

mir/brock

I agree this is going to be a blow out tito will have no chance at all