Sign in to follow this  
reignmaker

who's gonna beat machida???

You must be missing the fact that three judges scored, points calculated, end result is belt around machidas waist, next time i hope shogun does come out with a lot more pressure cause thats when machida catches them the best.

Lol. Shogun just crushed Machida. Crushed him all the way to defeat. Wait? Does that make sense? But I'm not going to bother arguing with your logic.

O so u think the champ should be awarded 4 not even showing up in the championship rounds. I love ur logic.

Lol. Shogun just crushed Machida. Crushed him all the way to defeat. Wait? Does that make sense? But I'm not going to bother arguing with your logic.

O so u think the champ should be awarded 4 not even showing up in the championship rounds. I love ur logic.

i would say that yeah cause if you can recall someone like kimbo who beat a lot of people in the backyard stepped up to the point system, decisions and pro's, its not just who gets beat up its a point based sport.

Lol.... Where do you get this nonsense from? Do you think you intellectually bested me? By spewing your political garbage my way. I could care less about it lol. I came in here and saw that you posted' date=' yet another, stupid comment. The deciding factor may have been the leg kicks. But it wasn't JUST leg kicks. Apparently your not understanding that aspect of it. If Shogun had a takedown, I guarantee that fight would have gone another way. But did he? No... He had 4 failed take down attempts, and an outrageous number of leg kicks. That's it?[/quote']

*sigh*

In brief..because really man...I like a debate but it has to be equal or it's no fun and a HUGE waste of time...

My original reason for making the comparison was strictly because one of the posters made an extremely ironic statement in which he said you can't defeat a champ with leg kicks...and right after...he said...forrest beat Rampage...

You later said the two fights simply shouldn't be compared...not remotely similar...to which I respond.

Are...you...kidding me..

both champion ship fights..

both controversial...

both fights hinged largely on leg kicks...

And yet...you say this is not an apt comparison...to which I note that your criticism has nothing to do with my comparison given that any logical examination would lead one to conclude that they two events are similar enough to warrant comparison...but that instead you were being critical of me as an individual because you didn't like a previous conversation...

I'm sorry that you can't see the obvious similarities between the two bouts...and that you cannot seem to understand how one might derive even a minimal degree of mirth from the ironic statement of one of our fellow members...

take care sir...

Cheers

-DR

O so what ur telling me is that u beleive more so on the point striking rather than a fight? Who got beat up?

What I think doesn't matter thats what the judges think.

Whatever if that fight would have continued, Lyoto would had been finished. If that fight was a life and death situation Lyoto would had been in danger and I would be fearing 4 his life if I was a machida fan boy. There is no diening that, lyoto was done at the end of the fight.

*sigh*

In brief..because really man...I like a debate but it has to be equal or it's no fun and a HUGE waste of time...

My original reason for making the comparison was strictly because one of the posters made an extremely ironic statement in which he said you can't defeat a champ with leg kicks...and right after...he said...forrest beat Rampage...

You later said the two fights simply shouldn't be compared...not remotely similar...to which I respond.

Are...you...kidding me..

both champion ship fights..

both controversial...

both fights hinged largely on leg kicks...

And yet...you say this is not an apt comparison...to which I note that your criticism has nothing to do with my comparison given that any logical examination would lead one to conclude that they two events are similar enough to warrant comparison...but that instead you were being critical of me as an individual because you didn't like a previous conversation...

I'm sorry that you can't see the obvious similarities between the two bouts...and that you cannot seem to understand how one might derive even a minimal degree of mirth from the ironic statement of one of our fellow members...

take care sir...

Cheers

-DR

Lol... The only reason I say not to compare them, is because there completely different fights. Both for a championship, but yet completely different. I would say 90 percent of fights include leg kicks.. And once again, must I point out, Shoguns only effective way of striking was leg kicks. He did nothing else. Not one thing. Your comparing that to the Forrest Rampage fight? Do you need to watch both fights again? Forrest actually injured Rampage. Shogun never did. I bet they hurt a **** load, but nothing more. He was a bit slower in the 4th, and 5th round but who wouldn't be. Please spend less time worrying about how you can pun me, and actually get what I'm saying.

NOOB ALERT!!!! This loser has been starting **** with a bunch of people...Same fool that started moronic thread saying NICK DIAZ could beat GEORGES ST PIERRE...fa-king fool.

Lol what to say to that.... Link to "my thread please"

Whatever if that fight would have continued' date=' Lyoto would had been finished. If that fight was a life and death situation Lyoto would had been in danger and I would be fearing 4 his life if I was a machida fan boy. There is no diening that, lyoto was done at the end of the fight.[/quote']

Yes I agree but since this was a ufc championship fight it ended at round 5 and was judged by each round. Get over it Lyoto won.

yes machida's hole's where opened.soif he couldnt finish him then he wont the time...lyoto by tko the next time...the best fighter will improve...he's the p4p best hands down

Any fighter in the UFC can beat Machida if they were to get a lucky shot in on his chin.

Realistically though, Shogun is the only one who's even come close and it was still a unanimous decision loss for him. I think right now Shogun has the best chance though seeing as they're fighting again.

Personally I don't think he's going to lose anytime soon, but like I said, all it takes is a lucky shot.

Edit : All the people saying Shogun already beat him? Ha..ha..

Yes I agree but since this was a ufc championship fight it ended at round 5 and was judged by each round. Get over it Lyoto won.

Im over it, I just cant wait 4 the rematch.

I really don't understand the controversey. What is REALLY more indicative of a truth. 3 people with limited views. Or several thousand spectators? There is a reason there was such an uproar. This doesn't happen with every fight. Rua won. Rua was robbed. Period. Any conclusion other than that is a bias.

Look at Machida's face prior to the decision being announced. He KNEW he lost. But when they gave it to him his eyes shoot open and he's shocked that he won and so psyched...and still looks like he's about to cry because he totally knew he lost.

Listen to Machida in between rounds. He is saying he can't figure the fight out.

Machida couldn't give a straight answer regarding the decision.

Again...if you polled EVERYONE present in that venue that night...as they exited the building..and they had a vote of who won that title fight.

Rua would have won OVERWHELMINGLY in that poll.

I'd say by something like 70% Rua, 30% Machida..and THAT is being kind.

There is a reason for the immidiate rematch...because the mass of people there KNEW that Rua was robbed and Dana heard it from the crowd when the decision was announced.

Cheers

-DR

I really don't understand the controversey. What is REALLY more indicative of a truth. 3 people with limited views. Or several thousand spectators? There is a reason there was such an uproar. This doesn't happen with every fight. Rua won. Rua was robbed. Period. Any conclusion other than that is a bias.

Look at Machida's face prior to the decision being announced. He KNEW he lost. But when they gave it to him his eyes shoot open and he's shocked that he won and so psyched...and still looks like he's about to cry because he totally knew he lost.

Listen to Machida in between rounds. He is saying he can't figure the fight out.

Machida couldn't give a straight answer regarding the decision.

Again...if you polled EVERYONE present in that venue that night...as they exited the building..and they had a vote of who won that title fight.

Rua would have won OVERWHELMINGLY in that poll.

I'd say by something like 70% Rua' date=' 30% Machida..and THAT is being kind.

There is a reason for the immidiate rematch...because the mass of people there KNEW that Rua was robbed and Dana heard it from the crowd when the decision was announced.

Cheers

-DR[/quote']

If shogun got the decision, there would still be an imediate rematch. it was a good close fight.

Thats funny' date=' the W seems to have been ticked in machidas column...fail[/quote']

So is Bispings "win" over Matt Hamill but we all know what happened there too

So you get a BIGGER PHAIL <---see, I even typed it big so everyone can see it better :)

Both you...me..and the VAST MAJORITY of people who saw that fight know that Rua won.

Cheers

-DR

TO BE THE MAN YOU GOTTA BEAT THE MAN... rua didn't beat the man... if you wanna win the title by decision, you gotta do more than just the bear min...machida vs rua 2 will be all machida.... lol @ the dude who called machida overrated... you guys are really funny!!!

the best answer i've seen in this thread is anderson silva... that's it

I didn't really have a pony in the race the first time. Though I favored Rua, ONLY because I know that if Rua had gotten the official win A Silva would be given the next shot at 205.

So for the second contest I'm pulling for Rua because A. He was robbed the first fight. and B. I want A Silva to be the first man in UFC history to hold 2 belts concurrently.

Cheers sir

-DR

I love how people say hes was ROBBED. out of everyone ive ever asked, its a 50/50. And a lot of the guys who say they thought shogun won, that yeah he didnt do enough and they didnt care about the machida decision.

But you have these fans that exagerate the whole thing, blow things out of proportion, say machidas a bum, strip him of the title!

And i always like to point out, listen to peoples round by round break down, when they give the fight to shogun. its rounds 1 and 2 to machida, then 3-4-5 shogun. next guy will say 1-3 machida, 2-4-5 to shogun. so rounds 1-2-3 have basicly gone either way.

I think its the fact that shogun won rounds 4-5 hands down, and looked like he was owning the fight and if it went another 2 rounds hes win by tko. and in that though youd want to give him the fight overall because thats fair. So basicly just take your pick of the first 3 close rounds. If that makes any sense.

If you watch the fight, without finding reasons for shogun winning. yull notice machida punches head body, and shogun goes body legs. Machida tries to end the fight. Shogun ties to slow machida down. And machida backing up....thats machidas octagon control.

RANT RANT!! sorry for that....just saying. shoguns good. but i think that was the best shot at beating machida, and even though you can make the argument he won, he has the big L.

And my answer that who machida can lose to....nobody.

I find it hilarious that backing up can be considered control. I think thats the exact opposite, infact Peoples made a similar comment..and in the EXACT same interview he contradicted the statement.

Cheers

-DR

From what I saw of the Machida v. Rua fight. There was 3 websites that I found that had their worker there to write about each round and actually judge it for themselves so people online who weren't watching the fight could actually use this. One website had Rua winning all 5 rounds. The other two websites had Rua winning by 4 rounds. These Judges sucked.

Loss Lyoto Machida Decision (Unanimous) UFC 104 - Machida vs. Shogun 10/24/2009 5 5:00

I believe that that is the only opinion that should count. STFU.

Anderson, Rampage, Shogun and maybe a Prime Lil Nog. With all due respect do Shogun's fans, the man lost. Get it over, he wasn't defeated but he lost. Who says Machida is overrated is just another fake Fan who hops on bandwagons. I will not even explain why, does it really needs to explain ? For the love of God, I want to see what will happen if Machida beats Shogun KO/TKO... People will start saying that he is the next MMA God along with Brock Lesnar...

good' date='

hes my man back off[/quote']

Your avatar is just exhilarating :eek:

Anyways back to topic

Rampage & Shogun

Jon Jones in a year or 2

Your avatar is just exhilarating :eek:

Anyways back to topic

Rampage & Shogun

Jon Jones in a year or 2

No guys its GSP. GSP needs to take machida down and wrestle him to death. Or BJ at 155 in an open weight can beat machida since he is with marv now

No guys its GSP. GSP needs to take machida down and wrestle him to death. Or BJ at 155 in an open weight can beat machida since he is with marv now

Im pretty sure this happened already. And theres no way BJ is beating Lyoto he dosnt throw kicks which is really the only way you can hit Lyoto

Im pretty sure this happened already. And theres no way BJ is beating Lyoto he dosnt throw kicks which is really the only way you can hit Lyoto

He actually matched lyoto well in striking. He hit lyoto hard. They both killed each other. Machida barely won. And dont say machida was bad back then. He had a ton of karate competitions under his belt at the time. BJ nervous system is too developed because he is asian. Asians are usually very quick.

no one...just because lyoto wasnt himself that fight doesnt mean anyone can beat him.yes shogun came close eith that cowardly way to "try" to win.i mean just look at his track record and record in general.and for the ppl saying rampage...if they fought he would silva/griffin 2 bad blood.

Please Machida was himself he just got beat by a better fighter. Came close? he beat him!! but the boxing judges cage side didn't see it that way. Please explain to me how outstriking your opponent a cowardly way to win a fight. "Look at his track record and record in general"?? He lost to Mark Coleman due to him getting his arm broken unintentionally which should've been ruled a no contest. Fought Forrest Griffin injured only because Zuffa offered to pay his knee surgery after their fight, Shogun 100% would've destroyed him. Then he finally fights the over rated Machida whom BJ Penn took to a decision(yes a light weight), and beats him 5 rounds straight and gets robbed in front of the whole MMA community, doesn't seem like a bad track record to me

TO BE THE MAN YOU GOTTA BEAT THE MAN... rua didn't beat the man... if you wanna win the title by decision' date=' you gotta do more than just the bear min...machida vs rua 2 will be all machida.... lol @ the dude who called machida overrated... you guys are really funny!!!

the best answer i've seen in this thread is anderson silva... that's it[/quote']

Listen Bro that quote was made up by a pro wrestler it carries no weight, Ric Flair said that years ago, are u serious. Machida beat Rashad Evans a wrestler with improved striking whoppi do. I only give him credit for beating Thiago Silva thats it. Shogun beat him 5 straight rounds stats don't lie, you're just in denial

Listen Bro that quote was made up by a pro wrestler it carries no weight' date=' Ric Flair said that years ago, are u serious. Machida beat Rashad Evans a wrestler with improved striking whoppi do. I only give him credit for beating Thiago Silva thats it. Shogun beat him 5 straight rounds stats don't lie, you're just in denial[/quote']

5 straight rounds? Now I know your entire argument is biased...