Sign in to follow this  
Fast

Did I tell you?

I have only been to 2 practices' date=' so this could be why. We have done what you described, i was jsut not familiar wiht the word pivoting. Remember I am new at this as of now. But yes the movements are that of a sword. post a picture of the stance[/quote']

http://www.aikidocanada.org/blok.php

you can see basic stance on this page

this is the guy i took from, yoshinkai aikido

One thing you don't know about me' date=' is that as I continuously study nature and science, the more I begin to believe that it was in fact created, or set in motion by something. I don't believe it was anything near what the Bible says though. And it's creation of life (as we know it) was not meant for any purpose of worship or heaven/hell. I believe it bigger than such limited human words for "emotional spectrum".[/quote']

pretty much how i feel.

i'd say im very spirtitual, ive spent long amounts of times thinking about the mysteries of life, drove myself crazy at times :o, but finally believe what i believe and am happier for it.

It's very spiritual and energy based at it's core. Russian Systema is likely a direct relative of Aikido for sure. Flowing motions focussing on enemy movement and using his energy against him.

I took a few classes in Systema, and didn't really dig it that much, too much unrealistic movement, at least what I learned at first. The instructor also had a black belt in Akido too, so you may be right. I am sure there is practical stuff in Systema though.

one other thing, alot of people will see a demonstration of a technique and think it unrealistic because of a the way the attacker falls. ppl see the attacker flipping over and assume the teacher flipped him with one hand. in reality, the student is deliberately flipping his body to avoid the pain of the hold and avoiding injury. lets think, roll with the hold or get your arm broke....hmmmmmm

Exodus allow Adambomber to tell you the force behind my punch! lol.. It is fast and deadly! lol

yeah, if you were to fight him, leep your hands up and move, fast was fighting a fat statue lol

This is post late, so only the few who knows me would read this crap. Since we are on the subject, I like to give you guys a little secret if you haven’t already know. The most powerful strike is the death punch/hammer fist. When done correctly, it can generate more force than a kick or a knee. If your arm is tense, you are doing it wrong. Let the arm be relaxed and free flowing in all areas of the arm, including the pivot point. A guy who has studied the move mastered it after 15 years and showcased it on Television, “ Which fighter has the most powerful strike.”(something like that) I am surprised that MMA has not caught on and allows hammer fists. The open palm is what wing chun is mostly known for and it is not allowed in MMA.

Listen man' date=' think about the endgame...life is so short, give youself to God

It gives you peace and joy, you will have a spiritual relationship with God and you will know He exists to the same extent that you know your own self exists

Just open up your heart, i think some people say they dont believe in God because they have created barriers between themselves and Him

If you shut your heart to Him like Exodus has done, he will not come into your heart unless you open the door[/quote']

You have probably read in a thread that I do go to church. I am trying very hard to believe, but I have to be realistic; I havent given myself to the Lord. Religious people are the happiest and that is what I'm after, happiness. All in all, belief is more powerful than anything we know. Not now, but maybe in the far distance, I might be lending a hand to you and Fast.

You have probably read in a thread that I do go to church. I am trying very hard to believe' date=' but I have to be realistic; I havent given myself to the Lord. Religious people are the happiest and that is what I'm after, happiness. All in all, belief is more powerful than anything we know. Not now, but maybe in the far distance, I might be lending a hand to you and Fast.[/quote']

Good.

What do you mean by you are trying very hard to believe

Do you mean you know He exists and are trying to come into a relationship with God

Good.

What do you mean by you are trying very hard to believe

Do you mean you know He exists and are trying to come into a relationship with God

Not because I think he exists, but because belief in itself is a powerful thing which is why religious people are the happiest on earth. (survey says religious people are the happiest)

I go to church to expose myself to God and learn the life lessons so I too may become a believer.

But like I said, I havent given myself to him just yet.

Not because I think he exists' date=' but because belief in itself is a powerful thing which is why religious people are the happiest on earth. (survey says religious people are the happiest)

I go to church to expose myself to God and learn the life lessons so I too may become a believer.

But like I said, I havent given myself to him just yet.[/quote']

The day I give myself to him, thats the day I truly believe in him

Not because I think he exists' date=' but because belief in itself is a powerful thing which is why religious people are the happiest on earth. (survey says religious people are the happiest)

But like I said, I havent given myself to him just yet.[/quote']

God is awesome, the journey and walk is awesome, tough, challenging, but ultimetally the only real thing worth investing time in imo. Wouldn't worry to much about being reilgious, honestly that word sometimes can have a negative conotation, there are some religious nut jobs out there in any belief system. Have a great journey my friend, its all about getting to know God, his word, and that in itself makes a person want to be the best they can be, and fills them with something the world cannot take away. Like martial arts academies, there are churches that represent the path better then others, I hope you find a place that is alive and true.

peace.

Fair enough. See' date=' these kinds of experiences show there may in fact be a creator, or God - but in my opinion, this creator is nothing like the one described in the bible. I don't trash faith, I trash the Bible primarily, and organized religion second. Personal faith is one thing - rambling on about the Bible being true is an entirely different thing.[/quote']

This is the best religion post ever posted. I pretty much feel the same way. I may not believe in a Higher being but Im not 100 percent certain that there is no higher being. So I dont discredit it. I do discredit the Bible and organized religion though for it is nonsense...IN my opinion. Too many flaws in it. I believe that the people who say the bible is real are the same people who said the shroud was real. But ya Awesome post Ex.

Now enough about this religion talk..How does this keep getting brought up anyways? I swear every thread Fast makes ends up in religious debate.

This is the best religion post ever posted. I pretty much feel the same way. I may not believe in a Higher being but Im not 100 percent certain that there is no higher being. So I dont discredit it. I do discredit the Bible and organized religion though for it is nonsense...IN my opinion. Too many flaws in it. I believe that the people who say the bible is real are the same people who said the shroud was real. But ya Awesome post Ex.

Now enough about this religion talk..How does this keep getting brought up anyways? I swear every thread Fast makes ends up in religious debate.

well the people who know this Creator that you say may or may not exist have it affirmed to them by God that the bible is His Word, from Him and is true.

Much if the bible is a historical following of a nation that is affirmed to have existed

well the people who know this Creator that you say may or may not exist have it affirmed to them by God that the bible is His Word' date=' from Him and is true.

Much if the bible is a historical following of a nation that is affirmed to have existed[/quote']

The bible was used soley for teaching....but what do I know I only went to a parachiol(sp) school for 9 years. Seriously though...no more religion talk...Im not replying to anymore posts on religion.

Let me fix it for you

It is nonsense that some religions misrepresent the Bible and take it out of context. THe problem does not lie in the Bible , but the people who present it in the wrong manner.

I would also like to be on the card. I weigh about 215 right now...I can easily get to 205 and probably could get to 185. I want to be on the main card....maybe co-main event?

Sir, who would you like to compete against?

Watch this video it kinda goes along with my story, except I had never been to church. The lady cooming in at the end left her family because of drug addiction and became a crack lady and prostitute, the man that goes up was a corrupt lawyer who beat his wife. I am not promoting anyhting here, I just love to see people that were once in chains become free. This was a movie maybe some seen it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-s7QNpqiqsc

This song has menaing in my life and is my favorite of all time!

Watch this video it kinda goes along with my story' date=' except I had never been to church. The lady cooming in at the end left her family because of drug addiction and became a crack lady and prostitute, the man that goes up was a corrupt lawyer who beat his wife. I am not promoting anyhting here, I just love to see people that were once in chains become free. This was a movie maybe some seen it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-s7QNpqiqsc

This song has menaing in my life and is my favorite of all time!

[/quote']

Caught you lying. I heard you were a minister? You got alot of explaining to do. Where's Exodus?

Caught you lying. I heard you were a minister? You got alot of explaining to do. Where's Exodus?

Lying about what? I had never been to church prior to my story, remember my Christian parents kicked me out at 15 because I would not go to church or follow their rules. I didnt find God in church I found him in the lowest point of my life in a Detox for the 3rd time.

I was a YOuth Pastor for 10 years, have not been ministering in a church going on 3.5 years.

Lying about what? I had never been to church prior to my story' date=' remember my Christian parents kicked me out at 15 because I would not go to church or follow their rules. I didnt find God in church I found him in the lowest point of my life in a Detox for the 3rd time.

I was a YOuth Pastor for 10 years, have not been ministering in a church going on 3.5 years.[/quote']

carry on

My nephew just got his black belt last summer. I have to say the entire sport/marital art is no more than a dance for me since there is no competition. I'm sure it can be practical but without competitions it definitely lacks something.

My nephew just got his black belt last summer. I have to say the entire sport/marital art is no more than a dance for me since there is no competition. I'm sure it can be practical but without competitions it definitely lacks something.

It keeps you flexible and in decent shape, that is a plus. Also if you had to ever protect your family or yourself from danger.

There is competitions, perhaps have his school get more involved in the competitive world. Sparring is a must.

There is competitions' date=' perhaps have his school get more involved in the competitive world. Sparring is a must.[/quote']

Let me tell u something crazy we have like 8 inches of snow in about 5 hours. All roads are closed and we have no power. No power at all. I am posting this from my blackberry.. finally i HAVE POWER AT 12:30

Congrats' date=' you will be
through 4 story windows in no time.

Did i mention I also have Kick boxing-BJJ- Boxing- Wrestling? he can pick his poisonicon10.gif

i refuse to fight you' date=' we are both in the Fedor Defense Force lol[/quote']

Yes I suppose we couldnt do battle. Im sure We can both find someone to slug it out with.

Yes I suppose we couldnt do battle. Im sure We can both find someone to slug it out with.

Why does everyone insist on fighting?icon10.gif

633966064391968395-faceoff.jpg