Sign in to follow this  
Grotty

Why put Daley against Hazlett if not to lose??

Ok i was pleasently surprised that Kampmann was demolished so easily, however Hazlett is a different animal altogether, Daley is a mauler and to put it bluntly has no real ground game- this is shown by his losses to poor opposistion with some ground game.

Daley could hang on the feet with most but Hazlett isnt going to stand in front of him.

I feel Daley is going to lose via 1st round sub and in turn allows the UFC to push Hazlett up the contender ladder!

I don't think Daley will lose this one. Though that might be a bit of a biased statement seeing as the only fight of Daley's that I've seen was the one where he wrecked Martin Kampmann. As for Dustin Hazelett, I'm not entirely sure I've seen any of his fights. I'm sure I have, but I just don't remember any of them.

I'll still say Daley via 1st round T(KO).

Im a fan of both these young upstarts and really can't choose one to win it. Daley is an awesome striker with proven power but I dont think he's going to be effective against Hazelett. I think the reach advantage is going to come into play, but only if Hazelett works on his striking and utilizes a stiff jab. I think Semtex is going to have to force his way into close range and once that happens it may give Hazelett the range he needs to pull guard and work a submission. I know Semtex has good takedown defense but Hazelett has the tools to neutralize that. He's so good at submissions he doesnt need to take the guy down to work one, he can simply pull guard and throw up a triangle or an armbar. Watch the Tamden Mccrory fight. The second it hit the ground hazelett locked in a submission and kept working it until he tapped. The dude's a submission phenom plain and simple.

I see Hazelett winning via first round submission but if Daley can land a good punch it could work on for him. Either way i see this being an exciting fight that doesn't get out of the first round. maybe the second.

Ok i was pleasently surprised that Kampmann was demolished so easily' date=' however Hazlett is a different animal altogether, Daley is a mauler and to put it bluntly has no real ground game- this is shown by his losses to poor opposistion with some ground game.

[b']Daley could hang on the feet with most[/b] but Hazlett isnt going to stand in front of him.

I feel Daley is going to lose via 1st round sub and in turn allows the UFC to push Hazlett up the contender ladder!

could hang on the feet with most? Are you kidding me? Who in the UFC welter can you think of would handle him on the feet? Thiago Alves? That guy has a Muay Thai background. Paul Daley is a Muay Thai world champion. On the feet I highly doubt anyone in the UFC 170 lb division can hang with him.

could hang on the feet with most? Are you kidding me? Who in the UFC welter can you think of would handle him on the feet? Thiago Alves? That guy has a Muay Thai background. Paul Daley is a Muay Thai world champion. On the feet I highly doubt anyone in the UFC 170 lb division can hang with him.

he's hardly a champion at the level of kit cope or that, he's overatted

I've never seen either of these guys fight. Sadface.

Do a google search for his fights against josh burkman and tamdan mcgrory....Incredible subs

think the latter got him submission of the year...AWESOME RUBBER GUARD

one of the only guys in the ufc able to pull a gogoplata..

This will be fight of the night

Do a google search for his fights against josh burkman and tamdan mcgrory....Incredible subs

think the latter got him submission of the year...AWESOME RUBBER GUARD

one of the only guys in the ufc able to pull a gogoplata..

This will be fight of the night

be aswell just going and watching the hazelett video on the main page

he's hardly a champion at the level of kit cope or that' date=' he's overatted[/quote']

True. But still, who in the welter div in the UFC can you see beating him on a striking match?

Both these guys are looking to step into title contention ans it's a classic striker/submission contrast in styles. I really can't pick one - being a Brit I want to pull for Daley, but I've been a Hazlett fan for a while - meh call it FOTN and whoever wins ends up against someone like Koscheck or Fitch in a title eliminator...

True. But still' date=' who in the welter div in the UFC can you see beating him on a striking match?[/quote']

in a pure striking match, nobody, in an mma fight, a lot of guys

daley vs kit cope would be amazing

Ok i was pleasently surprised that Kampmann was demolished so easily' date=' however Hazlett is a different animal altogether, Daley is a mauler and to put it bluntly has no real ground game- this is shown by his losses to poor opposistion with some ground game.

Daley could hang on the feet with most but Hazlett isnt going to stand in front of him.

I feel Daley is going to lose via 1st round sub and in turn allows the UFC to push Hazlett up the contender ladder![/quote']

That is the whole idea. Hazelett is the next big thing in ww.

I don't think Daley will lose this one. Though that might be a bit of a biased statement seeing as the only fight of Daley's that I've seen was the one where he wrecked Martin Kampmann. As for Dustin Hazelett' date=' I'm not entirely sure I've seen any of his fights. I'm sure I have, but I just don't remember any of them.

I'll still say Daley via 1st round T(KO).[/quote']

Hazelett is a bad **** BJJ artist. He has some of the most beautiful BJJ in the business earning him Submission of the night and of the year award. He has been working on his stand up and wrestling over the past couple of years. He is only 23 years old and can only get better. This kid is the real deal with championship potential.

Well I called this one spot on, nice 1st round KO for Daley...

Hazelett over-rated his own standup game and ultimately paid the price. This is a lesson he will never forget.

i hit this one on the head too

Yeah, me too. Nice roll at the start from Hazelett. I liked the unpredictability. Daley had great strategy though, kicks to start and didn't rush in. One of the first punch exchanges and BANG. He's a good finisher also.