Sign in to follow this  
mrslant

boos or cheers for Rashad tonight at UFC 108?

Do you think Rashad will still be boo'ed tonight (as usual) as he enters the Octagon or do you think the fans have had a change of heart?

Yeah I know he got a nice reception at the MGM lounge a few days ago but is that indicative of what fight-night-reception will be like?

As for me TUF did not change my perception of Rashad, and he still remains to be my least favorite fighter, along with Diego. In fact I'm buying this card hoping he gets destroyed and he gets KTFO. (Sorry, just my opinion)

Let's go Thiago, I wanna see you do your patented throat-slash gesture as you stand on top of him.

The only reason Rashad might get boo'ed if he does it is for one reason, not fighting Rampage which isn't even his fault but casual MMA fans don't realise that.

When I stop to think about it, my problem with Rashad is probably due to the poor first impression I got of him on The Ultimate Fighter. Remember his first fight? It was the most boring fight in the history of fights, wasn't it?

i didnt like rashad before TUF mainly because i didnt really know him well but i think he is a fantastic dude, i dont know why fans boo him i thought he showed class in TUF as opposed to that fool quinton. i hope he gets cheered but you never know with the ufc fans, i definatley think he'll be getting cheered when the ref raises his hand at the end of the bout

I'm torn - I LIKE the Rashad I saw on TUF10 as an articuate student of the game, but I always disliked the ****y, 'black guy with success' personality I picked up from his previous fights

Thiago is an entertaining fighter, but the language barrier makes it hard to really CARE about him.

Meh, I'll sit on the fence and cheer whoever wins (so long as the deserve it, preferably through decisive KO rather than dubious UD) - unless Rashad wins and comes over all ghetto-fabulous again...

I think Rashad is a decent guy and makes a good coach, but his terrible trash talking/banter with rampage didn't speak well for his intelligence.... It was even worse than the quality of fighters on the show ;).

The only reason Rashad might get boo'ed if he does it is for one reason' date=' not fighting Rampage which isn't even his fault but casual MMA fans don't realise that.[/quote']

Is it Rampages fault then? Well ya he wanted to go make some terrible movie but Rashad already backed out when Rampage fought Jardine instead of Rashad.

Its been a long weird road but I don't like it when people make it seem that Rampage ducked the fight on purpose.

In my opionion, and I hate any kind of booing unless it is for an awful foul or a very boring fight, this depends on where they are in the USA. Being in Vegas there might not be too many boo boys but being a Brit watching the events in the USA the booing is shocking and tends to be for just about everything apart from a stand up brawl. The boo boys were out in force in Memphis!

It really annoys me that these guys get booed by fools in the crowd who have no clue about MMA and how much of an intelligent sport it can be ie. the grappling side of it.

I guess thats just always going to be a part of it. For me, TUF showed a side of Rashad that made me dislike him less. Due to the winner facing Rampage, I'm rooting for Rashad, that fight needs to happen.

i will be cheering both.........love thiago, serious natural born killer.....n evans has earned my respect .......w his skills n his coaching on tuf......after all he has the same **** talking crap mir has n people are mir nut huggers from when he was a baby.

I don't care who wins this fight. I can't really say I am a fan of either fighter, but if it comes down to whoever wins is fighting Rampage I'll have to go for Rashad.

Rashad, in my opinion, seemed to be the one instigating alot of the arguments with Rampage. I thought Rampage was funny and was just taking up for himself. I still like to watch Rashad and hope he wins tonight though. I like Thiago, but Rashad should have this one. They both fight about at the same level so this fight could go either way.

i hated rashad's showboating, especially when he beat chuck. also when he was fighting forrest and he made a gesture grabbing his ****. i think that after lyoto knocked his **** unconscious, he really turned around and became a better person from it. i like him more now than i did when he had the belt.

i hated rashad's showboating' date=' especially when he beat chuck. also when he was fighting forrest and he made a gesture grabbing his ****. i think that after lyoto knocked his **** unconscious, he really turned around and became a better person from it. i like him more now than i did when he had the belt.[/quote']

I agree completely with this, I hated him for the way he acted after the Chuck fight and his showbaoting BS ever since. TUF made me see a different side to him and even start to like him, not sure I'm a fan yet but I hope he fights Rampage either way, in which case I'll be shouting for Rampage!!

I agree completely with this' date=' I hated him for the way he acted after the Chuck fight and his showbaoting BS ever since. TUF made me see a different side to him and even start to like him, not sure I'm a fan yet but I hope he fights Rampage either way, in which case I'll be shouting for Rampage!![/quote']

he definetly seemed really ****y after that fight and even before that actually.

i hated him almost as much as i do tito, but after seeing the way he coached and tried to connect with the fighters on his team, my perception of his attitude has changed and im almost a rashad fan

Agreed with most of you guys above, how you don't appreciate Rashad's inside-the-octagon antics, which is probably the reason why the fans boo him so much. And it does look like TUF made the fans connect with him more, and even though I still don't like him, I can see most fans cheering for Rashad tonight.

BUT, I will say that if he grabs his crotch and does his post-chuck-liddell-post-dance again, fans will kick him to the curb once again.

With all that said, I still know my favorite fighter Rampage will ambush Rashad in one round.

I doubt he will get boo'd after his TUF coaching, that has GREATLY improved his fan base. I don't mind him, never did mind him, but I still want Thaigo to destroy him..

LOL Rashad got boo'ed again. Why? Because he's not a compelling fighter and his almighty-greg-jackson-fight-strategy is boring.

Well deserved Rashad, well deserved. Booooooooooooooo