Sign in to follow this  
JP24

Couture vs. Rashad

After the Couture vs. Coleman fight, who could see this happening?

Both Couture and Rashad won their fights in similar fashion, except Rashad actually had good striking in the first two rounds against Thiago. Couture has amazing grappling though, definitely more than Rashad has.

I think if these two fought, they would have a slight edge in opposite realms... Couture would have the edge in grappling, but Rashad would have the striking edge. (Rashad now has a BJJ black belt under Rolles Gracie, so you never know what'll happen now.)

If they did fight, who would win?

Rashad would win, but I don't really have an urge to even see this fight. I respect Couture but I don't enjoy watching him fight anymore. Evans is young and powerful, I don't even think it would be close.

interesting match up, but I'm pretty sure Evans has Rampage next, with the winner getting a title shot?

If Evans was to beat Rampage, and then fight Couture for the #1 spot then I'd get more excited over this possibility.

That being said... Rashad already ducked Couture once, there's a reason for that.

rashad by decision. i dont see either of them finishing the fight.

Ya never know... Rashad knocked Chuck Liddell's lights out in one fight, and Randy Couture's chin has been shown that it isn't as hard as was rated... Rashad could knock him out--that is if he could escape Couture's clinch.

I have the slightest feeling that Couture would win by a close Unanimous Decision... All three judges 29-28 in favor of Couture.

Considering they have both recently been KO'd and fallen back on the safe, and boring, lay and pray style, I'd say if they fight, we will all be the losers.

I don't blame them, I blame the ufc for rewarding them for this boring garbage.

ps Randy would win cause he actually attempts submissions.

interesting match up' date=' but I'm pretty sure Evans has Rampage next, with the winner getting a title shot?

If Evans was to beat Rampage, and then fight Couture for the #1 spot then I'd get more excited over this possibility.

That being said... Rashad already ducked Couture once, there's a reason for that.[/quote']

I think Randy is astronomically underrated because of his age and primitive striking for his level. I can see Randy getting it to the ground and winning either by decision or GnP...

I think that at some point Rashad should fight him--Rashad could very well win, but I lean on Couture for that one--Rashad needs to add big names to his record. Thiago was a big win on his record, and Couture is practically gold to a lot of fighters.

Brandon Vera SO desired to defeat him because he wanted to add a huge name on his victims list, but that didn't work out. It would be a big win for Rashad, and I'd be rooting for him.

But like I said, I am leaning about 52-48 towards Randy Couture... I guess I should have filled the thing that says "Not sure" because IMO this is a hard fight to predict.

Considering they have both recently been KO'd and fallen back on the safe' date=' and boring, lay and pray style, I'd say if they fight, we will all be the losers.

I don't blame them, I blame the ufc for rewarding them for this boring garbage.

ps Randy would win cause he actually attempts submissions.[/quote']This fight wouldn't go to the ground, Rashad's younger and can cancel Couture's wrestling while Couture's chin or more so entire body has been hurt very easily lately. Randy is too slow and would keep moving forward slowly to attempt to grab onto Rashad but Rashad would dance around and knock him out.

this fight won't happen unless its way in the future. couture would have to get back in the top 5 of LHW which I don't see happening. Rashads hands are way better and his wrestling is good enough to keep him off the cage and ground for too long. Rashad by KO

this fight won't happen unless its way in the future. couture would have to get back in the top 5 of LHW which I don't see happening. Rashads hands are way better and his wrestling is good enough to keep him off the cage and ground for too long. Rashad by KO

Vera was way up there when Couture beat him.

Vera was way up there when Couture beat him.

Vera was not a top 5 LHW. after losing to Jardine who is not a top 5 LHW anymore he got wins over Mike Pratt and Soszynski. These wins did not put him in the top 5 of the division. they only put his name back on the map as someone who is dangerous in the division.

I believe Rashad would win by TKO. If its one key factor he has that's an intelligent camp behind him. Being that Couture is known for his grappling Rashad's gameplan would be to keep Couture on the outside with strikes and fight off clinches. and as you saw Saturday no matter what position Rashad gets in he'll stick to his gameplan.

Rashad was actually offered this fight againt The Natural, but he refused stating that there was nothing to gain from fighting Randy. (Wow since when did Rashad become such a stud in the UFC? - sarcasm)

Jesus, and he wonders why people boo his ****? First he dodges fights, and when he actually does take the fight he fights not to lose, instead of fighting to win.

Rashad was actually offered this fight againt The Natural' date=' but he refused stating that there was nothing to gain from fighting Randy. (Wow since when did Rashad become such a stud in the UFC? - sarcasm)

Jesus, and he wonders why people boo his ****? First he dodges fights, and when he actually does take the fight he fights not to lose, instead of fighting to win.[/quote']

He's right though, what would his career gain from fighting Randy? nothing, plus he has too much respect for Randy, he's one of his heroes.

He's right though' date=' what would his career gain from fighting Randy? nothing, plus he has too much respect for Randy, he's one of his heroes.[/quote']

What did Frankie Edgar have to gain by fighting Matt Veach at TUF 10 Finale?

What did Kenflo have to gain by fighting Guida at 107?

What did Couture have to gain by fighting Vera? (also someone that greatly respects Couture)

Franklin's various catch-weight fights!??

And what could Liddell possibly have to gain by fighting Ortiz for a 3rd time!!??

Point is Evans has more to gain from that fight than any of the favored above had to gain from their fights.

What did Couture have to gain by fighting Vera? (also someone that greatly respects Couture)

Any what could Liddell possibly have to gain by fighting Ortiz for a 3rd time!!??

Point is Evans has more to gain from that fight than any of the favored above had to gain from their fights.

Amen!

Rashad would win' date=' but I don't really have an urge to even see this fight. I respect Couture but I don't enjoy watching him fight anymore. Evans is young and powerful, I don't even think it would be close.[/quote']

^This

This fight wouldn't go to the ground' date=' Rashad's younger and can cancel Couture's wrestling while Couture's chin or more so entire body has been hurt very easily lately. Randy is too slow and would keep moving forward slowly to attempt to grab onto Rashad but Rashad would dance around and knock him out.[/quote']

I think Randy's improvement to his punching is enough to scare rashad into playing the ground game. After rashad's last 2 performances, I suspect his chin to be no better than Randy's.

And what could Liddell possibly have to gain by fighting Ortiz for a 3rd time!!??

He would gain respect from himself and most of everyone else for fighting Randy (if he actually fought instead of laying and praying). But it seems obvious all he cares about is a paycheck. In his eyes being an honourable, respected fighter are insignificant compared to the $$.