Sign in to follow this  
Tjinjatu

Cung Lee vs Scott Smith (i know its old but read)

Ok so i know this fight was a while ago but i really just wanted to give my props to Scott Smith!

I mean i loved watching Cung Lee since i grew up doing TKD and HKD but since moving towards MMA i've learned that the fancing kicks dont really work.

Well of course you can catch someone but Cung Lee just gassed himself out from all those kicks which didnt finish the fight.

Anyway thats besides the point.

I just loved during the fight i noticed that Cung Lee kept slipping Scotts right by going low and to his left. And he did it evertime Scott threw the right.

Then Scott throws the feignt and what do you know, Scott finds himself standing above Cung Lees head and he delivers a killer left hook!!!!

I just really like the way he didnt win by a flook hit. He won from setting up and intelligent strike.

Props to him!!!

Chong Li might have beat Ray Jackson' date=' but I knew he was going to get KTFO by Scott Smith. Chong Li was lucky to even survive the fight against Frank Dux[/quote']

11427237096420ui.gif

vandammesummonsxl2.gif

Ok yes' date=' JKVD has now made this thread cool.

Now thats been established does anyone actually have any thoughts on the beautiful finish Smith set up?[/quote']

It was late in the last round after getting totally dominated thorugh the whole match he hit a good left hook and put him down!

Lady%20Punches%20Lady.gif

Another useless thread. What could have been a nice conversation about tactics and so on it is instead a waste of time.

Thanks for nothing. Feel free to crap on my future threads i find it such a joy :)

scott did what he does best land a good shot in the thrid round and knocked him out. good fight too... jcvd is a best i think he would be the next champ (hahahahaha and yes i am just kidding around)

A while back I heard VD was gonna start mma' date=' what ever happened to that? or maybe it was kickboxing...[/quote']

Not sure about that. He was filming his JCVD movie that came out in 2009. So i'm sure he was busy.

According to Van Damme, ballet "is an art, but it's also one of the most difficult sports. If you can survive a ballet workout, you can survive a workout in any other sport."

Anyone else gonna start ballet lessons?

Le gassed trying finish Steel against the cage, indicative of the 2yr layoff,

Cung also appears to be a medium-power striker w/ no interest in groundwork other than g/p . It appeared he had some pop vs Shammy but after seeing Frank crumble while being

pitty-patted to death by Diaz, I would say it was more of Frank not being able to take a punch, rather than Cung throwing hard .

Cung Le is still exciting to watch w/ a very unique fighting-style & he is at the top

of Whites "get-list" . Kudos to Smith for conditioning & power, but unfortunately Coker will surely over-match him in his next fight ...

The players @ Strikeforce in that division are :

Mousasi

Henderson

Jacare'

Villasenor

Filho

Santiago

Lawler

Miller

Shamrock

Shields

Cung Le

Smith

Galesic

Lindland

Le gassed trying finish Steel against the cage' date=' indicative of the 2yr layoff,

Cung also appears to be a medium-power striker w/ no interest in groundwork other than g/p . It appeared he had some pop vs Shammy but after seeing Frank crumble while being

pitty-patted to death by Diaz, I would say it was more of Frank not being able to take a punch, rather than Cung throwing hard .

Cung Le is still exciting to watch w/ a very unique fighting-style & he is at the top

of Whites "get-list" . Kudos to Smith for conditioning & power, but unfortunately Coker will surely over-match him in his next fight ...

The players @ Strikeforce in that division are :

Mousasi

Henderson

Jacare'

Villasenor

Filho

Santiago

Lawler

Miller

Shamrock

Shields

Cung Le

Smith

Galesic

Lindland[/quote']

wooah. I like that division. It's hard to see Smith beating at least half of those names.