Sign in to follow this  
shrimp_jao

Why does everyone...

Why does everyone want to see Fedor fight Lesnar? I would hate to see Fedor lose to a far inferior opponent just because Lesnar outweighs him and just uses his hammer fist technique to stop the fight.

I would much rather prefer to see Fedor fight someone like Mir or Dos Santos, fighters who have actual skill, not Mr. WWE.

Thoughts?

Why does everyone want to see Fedor fight Lesnar? I would hate to see Fedor lose to a far inferior opponent just because Lesnar outweighs him and just uses his hammer fist technique to stop the fight.

I would much rather prefer to see Fedor fight someone like Mir or Dos Santos' date=' fighters who have actual skill, not Mr. WWE.

Thoughts?[/quote']

Fedor ALWAYS fights, and beats, opponents that outweigh him.

I would much rather prefer to see Fedor fight someone like Mir or Dos Santos' date=' fighters who have actual skill, not Mr. WWE.

Thoughts?[/quote']

My immediate thought is, ... "if I were Lesnar, I would not be in a hurry to hit the mat

with Fedor (**tube Randleman vs Emelianenko) .. you can bet Sables butt that Lesnar

would work very hard on his stand-up & justifiably so ....

Conversely, Fedor is extremely intelligent & never stops thinking, I believe Fedor dumps

Lesnar on his butt & takes him out w/ psychotic ground & pound ... remember the source dude !

The thing you fail to realize little grasshopper is that Fedor doesn't lose. Sometimes, when he likes his opponent(For example Randleman or Rogers) he let's then think they might have a chance to win before beating them. That's it, but he doesn't lose.

Fedor would submit Brock fairly quickly IMHO.

+1 .. I seriously believe this is true, .. Lesnar will receive serious injuries & fall off the radar, ... no problem coz Uncle Vinnie left the light on ...

Thoughts?[/quote']

The two comments below pretty much sum it up. I ask you, if there are two champions of the same weight class, both considered the best in the world (by some, I hate brock!) why wouldn't you want to see who is better? (AHEM... Fedor)

Hong Man Choi.

The End.

The thing you fail to realize little grasshopper is that Fedor doesn't lose. Sometimes' date=' when he likes his opponent(For example Randleman or Rogers) he let's then think they might have a chance to win before beating them. That's it, but he doesn't lose.[/quote']

The thing you fail to realize little grasshopper is that Fedor doesn't lose. Sometimes' date=' when he likes his opponent(For example Randleman or Rogers) he let's then think they might have a chance to win before beating them. That's it, but he doesn't lose.[/quote']

LOL. I remember seeing an interview where Fedor said sometimes he feels bad for opponents and gives them space. But when they take advantage of that kindness, he makes them pay.

And I must not be a part of "everyone", cause I agree, I'd rather see him fight Mir.

LOL. I remember seeing an interview where Fedor said sometimes he feels bad for opponents and gives them space. But when they take advantage of that kindness' date=' he makes them pay.

And I must not be a part of "everyone", cause I agree, I'd rather see him fight Mir.[/quote']

That's what he did with Rogers. He liked Rogers because the man had struggled in his past and Fedor respected that, so he told himself he was going to win by decision. Then the fight starts and Rogers broke his nose, so Fedor went "God damn it, I try to be nice and look at what he did. I'll just submit him then." So Fedor took him down, went for a Kimura and a straight armbar, which he both held very lightly so he wouldn't hurt Roger, but Rogers escaped and GnP him. So then Fedor went " OK screw that, he wants to to play like this, I'll hit him so hard he'll forget he was even in a cage with me."

And that my friend is the true story behind the Rogers fight. Fedor didn't have an off night, he just wanted to give a chance to Rogers.

Hong Man Choi.

The End.

really, Hong Man choi. he had one mma fight before he fought fedor and his record is 2-3. so why should he have even fought fedor? he shouldnt have? and in his last fight he fought and lost to minowa man. who is 197 pounds. HMC is 323.thats 126 more pounds.to me it is just stupid when people use HMC as an example of how fedor can beat a bigger guy. ya fedor is the best, thats the truth but seriously, HMC is hardly relevant in proving any fighter is good

and btw i totally agree with fedor vs mir or fedor vs JDS would be better than him fighting lesnar

Another example to show you that Fedor doesn't lose, he just decides how to beat his opponents. Look at the Naoya Ogawa fight. Ogawa was being a little smartass and didn't touch gloves with Fedor... wrong move. Fedor whooped his **** in less than a minute.

really' date=' Hong Man choi. he had one mma fight before he fought fedor and his record is 2-3. so why should he have even fought fedor? he shouldnt have? and in his last fight he fought and lost to minowa man. who is 197 pounds. HMC is 323.thats 126 more pounds.to me it is just stupid when people use HMC as an example of how fedor can beat a bigger guy. ya fedor is the best, thats the truth but seriously, HMC is hardly relevant in proving any fighter is good

and btw i totally agree with fedor vs mir or fedor vs JDS would be better than him fighting lesnar[/quote']

I'm pretty sure he was jokin, as was I when I quoted him. He was just using the "size" debate that the OP started when he said that Brock was too big for him.

Fedor would tear through anyone put in front of him, And I truly believe this.

Thoughts?[/quote']

Hah...so under no circumstances...even if Lesnar kicked his ****....would you not think Lesnar was inferior? Pretty much the ultimate in nut-hugging right there wouldn't you say? Just the fact you think Lesnar has NO skills is pretty lame. Listen, the guys are in the same weight division if Fedor can't stand the heat he needs to stay out of the kitchen...oh wait...that's exactly what he IS doing.....never mind.

Hong Man Choi.

The End.

Thats irrelivant. Hong Man Choi has even less skill then Bob Sapp. Must of us on these forums could probably beat him.

He is only in DREAM because he's massive and retarded.

(by the way im not saying Fedor would lose)

If Fedor and Brock did ever end up fighting and Brock beat Fedor, then Brock is simply the better fighter whether people want to accept that or not. Like everyone knows, Fedor is always fighting guys bigger than him so the size factor shouldn't be an excuse.

I want to see them fight, I don't really care what the outcome is.

Pish! imho.

Another example to show you that Fedor doesn't lose' date=' he just decides how to beat his opponents. Look at the Naoya Ogawa fight. Ogawa was being a little smartass and didn't touch gloves with Fedor... wrong move. Fedor whooped his **** in less than a minute.[/quote']

Fedor is never gonna lose as long as he stays in the minor leagues and is allowed to handpick his opponents......The UFC is the major leagues of MMA, and until Fedor plays in the major leagues, he aint $.H.I.T. in my book.....I know he can fight and whoop some a$$, but he has yet to fight any UFC fighter prior to that fighter falling down the top contender ladder and leaving the UFC...

So if he really is the best HW in the world' date=' then why wont he step up and show all who doubt him that they are wrong?????????????[/quote']

Probably because he knows there's a good chance that he isn't the best in the world.

Hah...so under no circumstances...even if Lesnar kicked his ****....would you not think Lesnar was inferior? Pretty much the ultimate in nut-hugging right there wouldn't you say? Just the fact you think Lesnar has NO skills is pretty lame. Listen' date=' the guys are in the same weight division if Fedor can't stand the heat he needs to stay out of the kitchen...oh wait...that's exactly what he IS doing.....never mind.[/quote']

First of all I am not a "Nut-hugging fan of Fedor" I prefer other fighters to Fedor.

And I didn't mean to say that Brock has no skills what so ever. Obviously he has fighting skills and is extremely athletic but I do not think he is on the same level as Fedor on every aspect of fighting (BJJ striking etc.)

I just think it would be boring if Fedor was to loose to Brock because he just hammer punched him until the ref stopped the fight and then have everyone on this forum saying Fedor is nothing and Brock is the ultimate fighter.

Fedor vs Mir or Dos Santos would not only be more entertaining but both fighters complete set of skills would be shown in the ring.

Though I am one to profess my never ending respect and admiration for Fedor, I too am scared for Fedor if he was to face Brock. As much as I detest Brock, he is an athletic beast with sound instincts. Mir would be a better match up. Brock does not deserve the honor of fighting Fedor to begin with.

Brock is very new to the sport of mma. He doesnt have a lot of weapons to use against his oppononts as of yet, but somehow, he is proving that size and strength are still able to overcome skill level to some point.....Lesnar will continue to improve in time granted that he makes it back from this illness...Im a fan of Lesnar..I'm not gonna sit here and say I think he is the best fighter in the world, but I will say it would be foolish to count him out against anyone.....And give him a couple more years of training, and he will be far more devestating

Brock is very new to the sport of mma. He doesnt have a lot of weapons to use against his oppononts as of yet' date=' but somehow, he is proving that size and strength are still able to overcome skill level to some point.....Lesnar will continue to improve in time granted that he makes it back from this illness...Im a fan of Lesnar..I'm not gonna sit here and say I think he is the best fighter in the world, but I will say it would be foolish to count him out against anyone.....And give him a couple more years of training, and he will be far more devestating[/quote']

Now, that is something I can listen to and respect.

I have a big problem with people who have hated on Brock prior to his actions at UFC 100 which was ridiculous...There are always gonna be people who look forward to the day Brock loses, same as the way people were with Tim Sylvia...Its kinda funny how people always decide to hate the Big guys.. Tim Sylvia was a classy fighter and got nothin but crapped on by the fans of the sport..Same thing is happening to Brock and its stupid..Brock shows up to a fight and puts on a show....

really' date=' Hong Man choi. he had one mma fight before he fought fedor and his record is 2-3. so why should he have even fought fedor? he shouldnt have? and in his last fight he fought and lost to minowa man. who is 197 pounds. HMC is 323.thats 126 more pounds.[b']to me it is just stupid when people use HMC as an example of how fedor can beat a bigger guy[/b]. ya fedor is the best, thats the truth but seriously, HMC is hardly relevant in proving any fighter is good

and btw i totally agree with fedor vs mir or fedor vs JDS would be better than him fighting lesnar

I use that excuse, too. But I use it in defense of Lesnar, as people say that the ONLY reason Lesnar could ever beat Fedor, is simply because he's bigger. If that was the case, then HMC would have won, too.

If Lesnar were to beat Fedor, it's because he's a better wrestler.

I have a big problem with people who have hated on Brock prior to his actions at UFC 100 which was ridiculous...There are always gonna be people who look forward to the day Brock loses' date=' same as the way people were with Tim Sylvia...Its kinda funny how people always decide to hate the Big guys.. Tim Sylvia was a classy fighter and got nothin but crapped on by the fans of the sport..Same thing is happening to Brock and its stupid..Brock shows up to a fight and puts on a show....[/quote']

I have nothing against you for liking Brock. I am probably older than you, and for me to like a fighter, I have to like the person as well. IMO, Brock is unprofessional, rude, and down-right disrespectful. These are traits I cannot tolerate. That is why Fedor is my favorite fighter. He has shown the utmost professionalism in the sport of MMA.

Don't be surprised to see brock come back not as big. It's been rumored that he is walking around at about 240-245 now. It's a shame after all those years of lifting and all that work.

I have nothing against you for liking Brock. I am probably older than you' date=' and for me to like a fighter, I have to like the person as well. IMO, Brock is unprofessional, rude, and down-right disrespectful. These are traits I cannot tolerate. That is why Fedor is my favorite fighter. He has shown the utmost professionalism in the sport of MMA.[/quote']

I agree with your opinion on Brocks behavior...But I look at most of it as he felt if the fans of the sport were gonna be against him from the very beginning, then he was gonna give them a reason to hate him....With that said, I think we will see a very different Brock in the future when it comes to his actions and the things he says.....I mean, could you imagine deciding that you wanted to fight mma, train your butt off day in and day out, and all the fans of mma can talk about is how you are nothing more than a fake wrestler who doesnt deserve to be in the sport? I doubt those things wouldve set well with me either....But now whats done is done, and lets hope

brock has made peace with those things and has grown up a little when it comes to being a professional.....

Thoughts?[/quote']

Though I am one to profess my never ending respect and admiration for Fedor' date=' [b']I too am scared for Fedor if he was to face Brock[/b]. As much as I detest Brock, he is an athletic beast with sound instincts. Mir would be a better match up. Brock does not deserve the honor of fighting Fedor to begin with.

I don't get it. You guys want Fedor "Mr. Best Fighter in the World" to fight smaller guys so he won't get his a** kicked? Maybe Frank or Junior will go down easier? Even if Brock uses hammer fists to end fights, it still ends fights. That's what MMA competition is all about. It may be boring to some, but it get's the job done.

I'm not a Brock lover. I like Fedor just as much.

This thread is pointless as Fedor doesn't lose. The only way for Lesnar to beat Fedor is to get in a perfect strike that is also illegal which would cut Fedor over the eye, forcing the doctor to stop the fight. That's the only way to beat Fedor.

This thread is pointless as Fedor doesn't lose. The only way for Lesnar to beat Fedor is to get in a perfect strike that is also illegal which would cut Fedor over the eye' date=' forcing the doctor to stop the fight. That's the only way to beat Fedor.[/quote']

+1 .. shades of Ring organization & Tsuyoshi