if there were ever cases for 10-8 rounds tonight proved it

Uwillsubmit

in the lawlor simpson fight imo rounds 1 and 3 were 10-8 rounds

round 1 in the efrain dunham match should of been 10-8 to efrain (even though it didnt matter in the end)

so why are the judges reluctant to reward dominating a round?

also the diaz maynard decison was BS, maynard won round 2 and thats it, he got picked apart in rounds 1 and 3

how one judge scored it 30-27 to maynard is a joke and should be banned from judging MMA

I disagree.

While I also thought that the first round in the Lawlor/Simpson fight could have been a 10-8, he just may not have been dominant enough.

You can't just randomly award 10-8 rounds for nothing. A fighter has to be worked BAD for a 10-8, or almost close to finished. Simpson was neither.

Maynard won easy.

I had it 29-28 (round 1 EASILY), but thought it could have been 30-27. IMO, Maynard stole the round on one scorecard because he had Diaz rocked.

I disagree.

While I also thought that the first round in the Lawlor/Simpson fight could have been a 10-8' date=' he just may not have been dominant enough.

You can't just randomly award 10-8 rounds for nothing. A fighter has to be worked BAD for a 10-8, or almost close to finished. Simpson was neither.

Maynard won easy.

I had it 29-28 (round 1 EASILY), but thought it could have been 30-27. IMO, Maynard stole the round on one scorecard because he had Diaz rocked.[/quote']

well tell me what more lawlor could of done in round one bar finish it?

same for simpson in round 3?

efrain dominated round one the same way lawlor and simpson did their rounds aswell

as for diaz maynard if swinging wildly and missing every over hand right thrown in round one wins you the round then you and the judges are retards

diaz landed more punches and kicks, landed better combinations especially the kick punch combos

maynard won round 2 no doubt

and diaz dominated round 3 bar for the last 40 seconds and again he was landing punches at will

maynard is the luckiest fighter in the ufc he should have 2 losses on his record if it werent for poor judging

well tell me what more lawlor could of done in round one bar finish it?

same for simpson in round 3?

efrain dominated round one the same way lawlor and simpson did their rounds aswell

as for diaz maynard if swinging wildly and missing every over hand right thrown in round one wins you the round then you and the judges are retards

diaz landed more punches and kicks' date=' landed better combinations especially the kick punch combos

maynard won round 2 no doubt

and diaz dominated round 3 bar for the last 40 seconds and again he was landing punches at will

maynard is the luckiest fighter in the ufc he should have 2 losses on his record if it werent for poor judging[/quote']

Landing punches at will? I think you need to re-watch the fight.

Yes, Diaz was winning the round. I even scored it for him. But it wasn't very overwhelming. The fact that Maynard rocked him and turned it on, may (and did on one scorecard) have stole the round for him.

Regarding round 1.. Maynard landed quite a few shots if you ask me. I had no question at the end of that round that Maynard had done enough to win it. It's not like Nate was hitting him in the first round, either.

in the lawlor simpson fight imo rounds 1 and 3 were 10-8 rounds

round 1 in the efrain dunham match should of been 10-8 to efrain (even though it didnt matter in the end)

so why are the judges reluctant to reward dominating a round?

also the diaz maynard decison was BS' date=' maynard won round 2 and thats it, he got picked apart in rounds 1 and 3

how one judge scored it 30-27 to maynard is a joke and should be banned from judging MMA[/quote']

Are you kidding? I mean, I understand everything about the 30-27. I had it 29-28 Maynard. Still, "Picked him apart." Were you even watching Maynards head movement and dodging ability? Granted he got hit a good bit in round three, which is the round I gave to Diaz, but still. He landed FAR less punches then what you are saying.

No 10-8 rounds tonight however both Lawlor and Diaz won their fights.

Lawlor convincingly and Diaz 29-28.

Lawlor had the fight in the bag, but he threw it away.

The fact that he looked so good in the first round, but faded so dramatically in the 2nd and 3rd, obviously convinced the judges that Simpson was winning the fight. Which he was.

Diaz lost. The first and second were both Maynard's rounds, and IMO, he could have stole the third round, too.

Landing punches at will? I think you need to re-watch the fight.

Yes' date=' Diaz was winning the round. I even scored it for him. But it wasn't very overwhelming. [b']The fact that Maynard rocked him and turned it [/b]on, may (and did on one scorecard) have stole the round for him.

Regarding round 1.. Maynard landed quite a few shots if you ask me. I had no question at the end of that round that Maynard had done enough to win it. It's not like Nate was hitting him in the first round, either.

in other threads you are saying damage doesnt matter thats why diaz didnt win now you are using it to give maynard round 3 when he really only landed that one shot?

make your mind up dude, either damage counts or it doesnt you cant have it both ways

The Lawlor vs Simpson fight, I saw as a draw Lawlor got a 10-8, then Simpson won the next two rounds. I'm seeing a lot of arguments about the damage Maynard sustained, yes he got cut but I still think he out-struck(probably not the correct word) Diaz the first two rounds, he landed hooks clinch knees and uppercuts while Diaz did little more than jab and throw straights and they weren't doing much to Maynard. I disagreed with the outcome of Lawlor Simpson but the main event I thought the right fighter won (even if the scores were tarded).

The Lawlor vs Simpson fight' date=' I saw as a draw Lawlor got a 10-8, then Simpson won the next two rounds. I'm seeing a lot of arguments about the damage Maynard sustained, yes he got cut but I still think he out-struck(probably not the correct word) Diaz the first two rounds, he landed hooks clinch knees and uppercuts while Diaz did little more than jab and throw straights and they weren't doing much to Maynard. I disagreed with the outcome of Lawlor Simpson but the main event I thought the right fighter won (even if the scores were tarded).[/quote']

he didnt out strike diaz in round 1, round 2 yeah, but not round 1

i just rewatched round 1 and it was clearly a diaz round, maynard missed alot and probably only landed 5 strikes in the whole round and only 2 of them were worth anything.

EDIT, actually diaz outstruck maynard 31-15 in round 2

http://fightmetric.com/fights/Maynard-Diaz.html

Lawlor 10-8 in the first round for me. I thought the judges might have got that one wrong, though i've only watched it once. I had Simpson winning so am not sure if I should be happy or not.

Diaz might have won round 3, that's it. Maynard was the one doing the picking apart. His boxing was miles better and Diaz mostly missed him - that's one of the reasons Diaz was playing games in there throwing his hands up, to tempt Gray to get careless. I think towards the end it was probably more to show that he wasn't hurt or something.

I don't think Efrain did enough for a 10-8 at all, though a clear round for him. I had it even going into the third. Glad that Evan finished it, I truly don't trust these judges.

it has diaz outstriking maynard every round and in a fight that doesnt go to the ground surely the the person who lands the more strikes wins

on the fight metric effectiveness scores

maynard wins 202-195

on the 10 point must system

they have it 29-29 a draw

surprisingly though they give diaz round 2 on all their ways to score

it has diaz outstriking maynard every round and in a fight that doesnt go to the ground surely the the person who lands the more strikes wins

on the fight metric effectiveness scores

maynard wins 202-195

on the 10 point must system

they have it 29-29 a draw

surprisingly though they give diaz round 2 on all their ways to score

Intersting, I have no idea how they reached that conclusion - what I saw was Gray slipping most of the punches. I thought the Huerta fight was closer - you may have a point.

i dunno, maybe i dont know what constitutes a win in mma, i know though who wins a fight, and diaz won the fight, like shogun did and like thiago silva did, they won the fights as i saw them, but i guess not in mma world.

i just cant get my head around it sometimes, im watching a FIGHT right? the guy who looks like his head has been through a blender usually is thel loser of a fight, the guy who gets hit the most is usually the loser of a fight, now today fight didnt go to the ground so no one can say takedowns were a deciding factor.

this was 15 minutes of stand up and the guy won the stand up battle lost the fight.

Archived