Are you excited about a Machida/Rua rematch?

rudedogggg

I really dont see why all the excitement about this fight. It was super boring and in 1 round I think Machida landed only 3 strikes. If Rua had won the decision like he should have would people have been this excited about the rematch. I doubt it. People would have been more excited about Anderson Silva fighting for the LHW championship and holding both belts at the same time. Now that would have been a PPV fight worth shelling out some cash for.

I really dont see why all the excitement about this fight. It was super boring and in 1 round I think Machida landed only 3 strikes. If Rua had won the decision like he should have would people have been this excited about the rematch. I doubt it. People would have been more excited about Anderson Silva fighting for the LHW championship and holding both belts at the same time. Now that would have been a PPV fight worth shelling out some cash for.

The fight was exciting as hell, and the rematch should be even better!

Machida landed three strikes in the opening few seconds of the first fight. Don't kid yourself.

This time' date=' both of them are going to push it to a higher level. NEITHER of them wants this in the judges hands no matter what.

Imagine them fighting now with that in mind. Should be epic.[/quote']

Hell yeah!

But in all honesty, I don't think Lyoto really cares. He cares about the win. He already knows, that if the fight plays out exactly the same way, he will win again.

Shogun has to make adjustments.. Lyoto doesn't.

If Shogun starts using his hands in this fight, Lyoto will put him away.

Hell yeah!

But in all honesty' date=' I don't think Lyoto really cares. He cares about the win. He already knows, that if the fight plays out exactly the same way, he will win again.

If Shogun starts using his hands in this fight, Lyoto will put him away.[/quote']

I can see where you're coming from.

However, Machida's dad said that Shogun has exposed the weakness in their Karate. They didn't expect Shogun to kick that much, only punch mainly. So now they are gonna adjust as well.

Gonna be weird seeing what each fighter wants. I think the winner will be the one who surprises the other with the takedowns!

This time' date=' both of them are going to push it to a higher level. NEITHER of them wants this in the judges hands no matter what.

Imagine them fighting now with that in mind. Should be epic.[/quote']

I agree with you. After the decision in the last fight I think both of these guys are going to really want to finish the fight so that there can be no doubt that they are the true champion.

It should be a good fight. They are both great fighters. After the first fight, I think if you're not excited for this fight your not a mma/ufc fan.

Hell yeah!

But in all honesty' date=' I don't think Lyoto really cares. He cares about the win. He already knows, that if the fight plays out exactly the same way, he will win again.

If Shogun starts using his hands in this fight, Lyoto will put him away.[/quote']

I always find it ammusing when people just say 'x will knock y out'. In this case, yes Machida has some excellent striking skills, but Shogun has never come close to being finished. In fact, the worst he has seen when engaging in stand-up is when Minotoro rocked him - but look how quickly he recovered from that (I know Rogerio doesn't have the same stand-up as Machida, but he still has the power to knock people out).

I think if the same strategy is used by both men, and it goes to a decision again, then the fight will be correctly awarded this time. However I'm hoping to see what many people believe to be impossible - the Muay Thai-crazed PRIDE form of Shogun to blitz Machida for the knockout...guess I'm living in a dream world, huh?

I always find it ammusing when people just say 'x will knock y out'. In this case' date=' yes Machida has some excellent striking skills, but Shogun has never come close to being finished. In fact, the worst he has seen when engaging in stand-up is when Minotoro rocked him - but look how quickly he recovered from that (I know Rogerio doesn't have the same stand-up as Machida, but he still has the power to knock people out).

I think if the same strategy is used by both men, and it goes to a decision again, then the fight will be correctly awarded this time. However I'm hoping to see what many people believe to be impossible - the Muay Thai-crazed PRIDE form of Shogun to blitz Machida for the knockout...guess I'm living in a dream world, huh?[/quote']

I didn't say he'd knock him out, I said he'd put him away. There's a little bit of a difference there. I should have clarified.

If the fight goes down as it did before, it will be correctly awarded this time.. as it was last time.

I didn't say he'd knock him out' date=' I said he'd put him away. There's a little bit of a difference there. I should have clarified.

If the fight goes down as it did before, it will be correctly awarded this time.. as it was last time.[/quote']

Haha agreed, it will be correctly awarded. I too should of clarified, I never said that the decision was incorrect in the first place.

boring? that's ridiculous.

The fight was exciting as hell' date=' and the rematch should be even better!

Machida landed three strikes in the opening few seconds of the first fight. Don't kid yourself.[/quote']

If he landed 3 strikes in the first few seconds then the rest of the fight was twice as boring as I thought. He only landed about 40 for the whole 5 rounds.

The people who called the first fight boring are the same people who keep booing whenever a fight goes to the ground. The first fight was very exiting if you like technical battles. If you don't' date=' go watch Don Frye vs Takayama.[/quote']

Haha you crack me up. It was boring because Machida was in it and he is a runner and now a fake champion.

If he landed 3 strikes in the first few seconds then the rest of the fight was twice as boring as I thought. He only landed about 40 for the whole 5 rounds.

I don't think you should be watching this sport anymore.

There's a TV show for people like you' date=' and it's called "So You Wanna Fight".

Haha you crack me up. It was boring because Machida was in it and he is a runner and now a fake champion.

Funny how this 'runner' and 'paper champion' put the work on Shogun for 3 (almost 4) rounds. The most offense Shogun could muster, were some leg kicks and knees in the clinch. Yeah, that's exciting :rolleyes:

I am psyched for this fight. However I don't know if it will be as competitive as the first. Shogun had the perfect game plan and now he is saying he wants to be more aggressive to get more points should it go to the decision. The only problem is that he would play right into Machida's plan. I don't think that Machida will knockout Shogun. I will still be pulling for Shogun. I don't think I will be able to watch the fight due to the fact I might explode from all the excitement leading up into the fight.

There's a TV show for people like you' date=' and it's called "So You Wanna Fight".

Funny how this 'runner' and 'paper champion' put the work on Shogun for 3 (almost 4) rounds. The most offense Shogun could muster, were some leg kicks and knees in the clinch. Yeah, that's exciting :rolleyes:[/quote']

There are an awful lot of still photos in various parts of this site that prove you wrong about Shogun's offense in that fight..

There are an awful lot of still photos in various parts of this site that prove you wrong about Shogun's offense in that fight..

I can count about 4 or 5 pictures where Shogun is actually landing a good shot on Machida.

In all honesty, though, I exaggerate a lot, just because a lot of the Shogun guys like to play it off as if Machida did NOTHING. We both know that's not true.

I've also posted many pics of that fight. I was told that my pictures were 'desperate'. lol

Funny how this 'runner' and 'paper champion' put the work on Shogun for 3 (almost 4) rounds. The most offense Shogun could muster, were some leg kicks and knees in the clinch. Yeah, that's exciting :rolleyes:[/quote']

Wow are you serious SeXXXpac. I thought you were better than that. You surely can't be that blind.

Check out the stats: http://fightmetric.com/fights/Machida-Shogun.html

It even goes by round to show you that based on effective striking Machida lost every round. You can't let your fanboyism cloud your judgement.

Yes Shogun threw a lot of kicks but he also landed more punches. And he should have thrown more kicks to slow down Machida's Retreat. How do you hit a guy that runs like a b**** you take his legs. Great strategy!!

Archived