Don't get mad at judges and bad decisions---

Indiglow

---because you as fans can't even agree on how the fight was supposed to be scored.

We could throw any 3 of you in as judges and you would have scored the Diaz/Maynard fight

30-27 Diaz

29-28 maynard

and I'm 100% sure the third person would have scored it something like 27-21 Diaz

Just look at what some of the fans here post. NOT EVERYONE is in agreement on what a fight should be scored so don't get mad at judges for scoring it in a versatile manner just like the fans themselves.

Thank you and good day.

---because you as fans can't even agree on how the fight was supposed to be scored.

We could throw any 3 of you in as judges and you would have scored the Diaz/Maynard fight

30-27 Diaz

29-28 maynard

and I'm 100% sure the third person would have scored it something like 27-21 Diaz

Just look at what some of the fans here post. NOT EVERYONE is in agreement on what a fight should be scored so don't get mad at judges for scoring it in a versatile manner just like the fans themselves.

Thank you and good day.

Oooooops. My bad. I misread this and, somehow, assumed you were referring to the other fight. I'm an idiot -- sorry.

I agree, there's always disagreement on results of close fights. There are so many variables in a fight that it's gotta be hard to design a good scoring system. That being said, the current one sucks. What do you think about scoring fights as draws more often? Using 10-8 more often would result in more draws.

I agree' date=' there's always disagreement on results of close fights. There are so many variables in a fight that it's gotta be hard to design a good scoring system. That being said, the current one sucks. What do you think about scoring fights as draws more often? Using 10-8 more often would result in more draws.[/quote']

I personally think they should judge fights without things like takedowns, aggressiveness, and octogan control. Think about it...some dude can be completely aggressive which let's him control the octagon. He's already won 2 of the criteria there. If he gets more takedowns than the other guy (even if the other guy is counterpunching and DESTROYING him everywhere else, he loses because of the other judging criteria.

Each judge should count the whole round as an entirety of who they think won. There should be 5 judges. Any draws result in a final round.

Archived