Bye, bye Spiderman 4!

Manho

Well, it's official- there won't be anymore Spiderman 4 in the offing. As per Sam Raimi, the director of all three spiderman sequels, although the movie itself will not be shelved completely, there will be another Spiderman movie which will feature Peter Parker in his high school years. However, this is a reboot of the movie similar to "Batman Begins". Expect new casts and a new director. So much for Toby Maguire and Kirsten Dunst. Check Yahoo! Movies...

Well' date=' it's official- there won't be anymore Spiderman 4 in the offing. As per Sam Raimi, the director of all three spiderman sequels, although the movie itself will not be shelved completely, there will be another Spiderman movie which will feature Peter Parker in his high school years. However, this is a reboot of the movie similar to "Batman Begins". Expect new casts and a new director. So much for Toby Maguire and Kirsten Dunst. Check Yahoo! Movies...[/quote']

I was under the impression Spider Man 1 was already comparable to Batman Begins... Why remake the same movie again so soon? IMO its not even going to be as good as another Punisher movie. Which leads me to the next question... WHY THE HELL CAN'T ANYONE PLAY THE PUNISHER FOR MORE THAN 1 MOVIE AT A TIME? I mean really Tom Jane was Awsome, Ray Stevenson was decent, Doph Lundgren was well he was Dolph which is hit and miss at the best, but the Tom Jane Punisher was the best story, the one with Ray Stevenson was the best action IMO.

I was under the impression Spider Man 1 was already comparable to Batman Begins... Why remake the same movie again so soon? IMO its not even going to be as good as another Punisher movie. Which leads me to the next question... WHY THE HELL CAN'T ANYONE PLAY THE PUNISHER FOR MORE THAN 1 MOVIE AT A TIME? I mean really Tom Jane was Awsome' date=' Ray Stevenson was decent, Doph Lundgren was well he was Dolph which is hit and miss at the best, but the Tom Jane Punisher was the best story, the one with Ray Stevenson was the best action IMO.[/quote']

You are right about that. In fact, the first three spiderman flicks weren't exactly the "first" spiderman movies that were ever produced. There were those spiderman flicks in the early eighty's that starred a guy name Nicholas Hammond (some snot nose actor from Sound of Music). By the way, they suck big time.

As far as these three spidey flicks starred by Toby Maguirre are concern, I think they rock big time!! They were even considering the Lizardman or Kraven the hunter to be the next foes of the web slinger for the defunct sequel. BTW, I also heard that even if Spiderman 4 should take off, Kirsten Dunst will no longer be on it.

I really liked the 1st & 2nd spiderman movies, wasn't much for the 3rd. My biggest problem was with Toby Maguire and Kirsten Dunst. I just can't buy Toby as spiderman, he plays a great Peter Parker but as spiderman he just sucks. And Kirsten is just an aweful actor... How do you go from such good acting skill in interview with the vampire as a kid to whatever you are now?

Reboot seems dumb to me, just continue on and get a new director if Rami isnt interested. The franchise is strong just contunue I don't think the slew of 7-11 year olds will even notice a cast change.

I've heard that the reason they're remaking this is because Stan Lee has regained ownership of Marvel and wants to make movies leading up to the Avengers' date=' which is why "Hulk" and "The Punisher" were remade and why Iron Man was made also[/quote']

I read somewhere that Walt Disney had purchased the rights to Marvel imagery, and were going to make a number of rides at their theme parks as they felt their demographic was predominantly young girls, and this would appeal to boys.

I had heard about an Avengers movie as well.

In all honesty, I'm not really looking forward to the fourth installment of spiderman. I just want to see Thor which is directed by Kenneth Branagh and will be released 2011. I bet this movie will rock big time!! Not to mention Iron Man 2, Avengers, and I think even Captain America.

I read somewhere that Walt Disney had purchased the rights to Marvel imagery' date=' and were going to make a number of rides at their theme parks as they felt their demographic was predominantly young girls, and this would appeal to boys.

I had heard about an Avengers movie as well.[/quote']

i think universal studios owns the rights to most comic book characters. i know they have a theme park called islands of adventure in orlando florida that has a whole bunch of rides with the themes of different comic books.

i think universal studios owns the rights to most comic book characters. i know they have a theme park called islands of adventure in orlando florida that has a whole bunch of rides with the themes of different comic books.

I did some checking up and apparently Disney paid 2.4 billion dollars for rights to Marvel characters. I'm most excited about the upcoming "Punisher get's violent revenge on the mob" ride!

I did some checking up and apparently Disney paid 2.4 billion dollars for rights to Marvel characters. I'm most excited about the upcoming "Punisher get's violent revenge on the mob" ride!

They could make it like one of those 3D interactive movies like honey I shrunk the kids or whatever it is... Only when punisher shoots somone you get blood/bain spatter hit you in the face.

They could make it like one of those 3D interactive movies like honey I shrunk the kids or whatever it is... Only when punisher shoots somone you get blood/bain spatter hit you in the face.

I would love to see something like this! It wouldn't be the Punisher without the gore, brutality and violence! It's like mickey mouse minus the ear.

Archived