Are MMA And UFC Judges Doing A Good Job?

mmarulesman

There is no such thing as "UFC judges" just wanted to clear that common misconception up.

Cheers

-DR

it's so nice to see someone in the forum other than myself that understands how the sport actually works. all of these 15 year olds in the forum think that the ufc hand-picks judges and that they have blackballed john mccarthy and it's just not true. pickin' judges ain't dana's job.

Yeah, they are not UFC judges, but they are not doing a good job.

I think there are at least two things that have to be changed. They have to use more 10 -8. What do a guy have to do to get a 10 -8. All rounds are 10 -9.

Takedowns with no damage made on the ground should not count in favour of the fighter with the takedown.

There is no such thing as "UFC judges" just wanted to clear that common misconception up.

Cheers

-DR

The judges and refs are supplied by the athletic commission of whatever state they are fighting in. With that being said, the refs are getting better but the split-decision victory for Simpson and Maynard proved the judges still have alot of work to do.

The judges and refs are supplied by the athletic commission of whatever state they are fighting in. With that being said' date=' the refs are getting better but the split-decision victory for Simpson and Maynard proved the judges still have alot of work to do.[/quote']

Agreed.

Yeah' date=' they are not UFC judges, but they are not doing a good job.

I think there are at least two things that have to be changed. They have to use more 10 -8. What do a guy have to do to get a 10 -8. All rounds are 10 -9.

[b']Takedowns with no damage made on the ground should not count in favour of the fighter with the takedown[/b].

Well, depending on how the guy gets back up, I could agree or disagree. If the guy who got taken down gets back up to his feet on his own, then the guy who scored the TD gets point for the takedown, but it's neutralized by the other guy getting to his feet. If the ref has to stand it up, then I beleive the guy who scored the TD, well, gets scored.

Cause imagine if that's all that happens the whole fight, one guy taking the other down with no damage, but the ref has to stand it up. In an unfortunate fight like this, the guy doing the TD's should easily win, as the other guy is doing nothing but gettin put on his back.

Anyway the judges, for the most part, are doing fine. We don't say 'good job' to them when they get it right, but we do however strongly criticize them when they get it wrong.

Archived