Whos next for Bj Penn?

doubleindemnity

I hope he fights Alves next at welterweight. That would be a great fight. Fitch and Kos would also be good fights for him. I would like to see him have a run at welterweights top contenders and try to add a few good names to his record. He has already cleared out the Lightweight division.

I hope he fights Alves next at welterweight. That would be a great fight. Fitch and Kos would also be good fights for him. I would like to see him have a run at welterweights top contenders and try to add a few good names to his record. He has already cleared out the Lightweight division.

I absolutly agree with you. Watching BJ fight at LW is like watching Anderson Silva fight at MW... Pretty much know whos gonna win. At least at WW there might be some better competition. But as for GSP, BJ will never beat him, but still watching him at WW would still be fun

Bj Penn has deafeted all the top conteders in the LW division. Who do you think is next for him?

I would like to see him fight some of the top WW contenders like Kos' date=' Fitch, Daley, Alves[/quote']

I think the only guy on here that he could hang with is Daley. Definately not Koscheck, that is if Koscheck fought smart and used his size and wrestling. Alves' size and power might also be a problem for BJ.

He needs to move up I'm tired of watching him fight people he just humiliates or destroys just like A. Silva although he has some comp in MW now imho with Nate M.

except that silva has already beat marquardts face in once before. but some of you kids like to pretend that you know what you're talking about. everyone thinks they are ready for silva until they take that first stiff jab in the face. he's a fighter. that's what he was made for.

I think the only guy on here that he could hang with is Daley. Definately not Koscheck' date=' that is if Koscheck fought smart and used his size and wrestling. Alves' size and power might also be a problem for BJ.[/quote']

Im not sure about that. I dont think Kos will be able to take Penn down and then it would probably go the same way the Sanchez vs Penn fight went. Daley would be a threat because of his standup and Penn likes to stand but if Daley rocked Penn then Penn would probably go for the takedown and submit him. I think that Daleys standup is definately better then Koschecks.

Im not sure about that. I dont think Kos will be able to take Penn down and then it would probably go the same way the Sanchez vs Penn fight went. Daley would be a threat because of his standup and Penn likes to stand but if Daley rocked Penn then Penn would probably go for the takedown and submit him. I think that Daleys standup is definately better then Koschecks.

he should have 3 fightes before the tite again

daley, fitch and kos

except that silva has already beat marquardts face in once before. but some of you kids like to pretend that you know what you're talking about. everyone thinks they are ready for silva until they take that first stiff jab in the face. he's a fighter. that's what he was made for.

That was two and half years ago. He deserves another shot at it, and I think it would be a much better fight this time around.

Maynard has more proving to do after last night. That was a poor display, he didnt wanna take him down cause of his BJJ? yes its good but Guida and Stevenson nullified him, if your above them you should be able to as well. Edgar vs. Griffin and Maynard fights the winner of that for the TS is probably what should happen though its all kinda irrelevant cause i'd say Kenny is better than those 3 and hes outclassed so bad by BJ its pathetic. He's probably got the least chance to be dethroned at this point though dont get me wrong I dont see it happening to GSP or Silva either. If he wants to test the WW waters and test puttin 20 lbs on the correct way while someone really proves themselves worthy of a title shot I think thatd be fine.

Yes, he did beat Marquardt before but things change hence why I think he will have a tougher time of it the 2nd time around given Marquardt's improved. Silva is a human being nothing more he can loose he's not invincible even us kids know that:rolleyes:.

Bj Penn has deafeted all the top conteders in the LW division. Who do you think is next for him?

I would like to see him fight some of the top WW contenders like Kos' date=' Fitch, Daley, Alves[/quote']

Yeah, lets just have a quick look at the LW contenders BJ has recently faced, Kenny Florian, Joe Stevenson, Diego Sanchez...and now people are asking if another lame TUF contestant, Gray Maynard, should get a title shot? Is it any wonder that a fighter as experienced and talented as Penn is looking like a god against these scrubs? Christ, what a weak division. The UFC needs start worrying more about recruiting some better talent and less about padding BJ's record.

Penn would get dominated and humiliated by Kos, Fitch or Alves.

I watched the Anderson Silva vs Rich Franklin fight again the other night. It's unreal how damned fast Anderson Silva is. I can't see him losing at 185 until he's old and slows down, and he's already said he's retiring before that happens. It's hard for me to think of any 205ers that could hang with him either, once he's had time to put the weight on.

I'd like to see BJ fight Joe Daddy again. That fight wasn't as one sided as it looked (due to the buckets of blood), plus Joe is a completely different fighter now.

I watched the Anderson Silva vs Rich Franklin fight again the other night. It's unreal how damned fast Anderson Silva is. I can't see him losing at 185 until he's old and slows down' date=' and he's already said he's retiring before that happens. It's hard for me to think of any 205ers that could hang with him either, once he's had time to put the weight on.

I'd like to see BJ fight Joe Daddy again. That fight wasn't as one sided as it looked (due to the buckets of blood), plus Joe is a completely different fighter now.[/quote']

No way, that would just be too easy for Penn. Sanchez is just after beating Stevenson and Penn destroyed Sanchez. Penn would beat Stevenson easy.

If he do what Mir has done and slowley start to muscle up and then jump to the ww division he can shock many of his haters.Don't forget that the guy is heavy handed to compared with anybody in ww.All (easy 2 say harder 2do it)he need is to make the jump right not eating burgers.

I watched the Anderson Silva vs Rich Franklin fight again the other night. It's unreal how damned fast Anderson Silva is. I can't see him losing at 185 until he's old and slows down' date=' and he's already said he's retiring before that happens. It's hard for me to think of any 205ers that could hang with him either, once he's had time to put the weight on.[/quote']

You remind me of Rich Franklin.If someone destroyed his career that man is A Silva

Yeah' date=' lets just have a quick look at the LW [i']contenders [/i]BJ has recently faced, Kenny Florian, Joe Stevenson, Diego Sanchez...and now people are asking if another lame TUF contestant, Gray Maynard, should get a title shot? Is it any wonder that a fighter as experienced and talented as Penn is looking like a god against these scrubs? Christ, what a weak division. The UFC needs start worrying more about recruiting some better talent and less about padding BJ's record.

Penn would get dominated and humiliated by Kos, Fitch or Alves.

LOL maybe Kos,Fitch or Alves will be dominated.humiliated maybe no.

And in the155(after Bj) the only guy with champ pedigree is Kenny Florian

I think he is like GSP there gunna beat anyone in there division but they wont be able to beat the top 5 in the class above them.

People saying the lightweight division is weak...right... most authorities on mma will tell you thats the toughest weight class talent wise, I guess you know more than them though so I sure am glad your on hear given good info and not just Penn bashing or anything... All the people sayin Kos is too much for Penn, Kos isnt much if anything beyond Sanchez, better wrestling, iffy striking equivilent and inferior Jitsu, if hes any stronger its not by much and his cardio isnt better so thats BS and thats not me sayin Penn will just destroy him cause the weight class will make it translate a little different than the Sanchez fight but for people to say it wouldnt even be a game fight thats just stupid.

No point in fighting GSP again outcome would for sure be the same fair enuf Penn is better now than when they last fought but so is GSP,

I think he should definatly move up tho would love to see him punish Koscheck as i hate that guy.

If he stays in lightweight he should fight Rob Emerson lol dont know why that guys still got a contract dont think ive ever seen him win.

People saying the lightweight division is weak...right... most authorities on mma will tell you thats the toughest weight class talent wise' date=' I guess you know more than them though so I sure am glad your on hear given good info and not just Penn bashing or anything... All the people sayin Kos is too much for Penn, Kos isnt much if anything beyond Sanchez, better wrestling, iffy striking equivilent and inferior Jitsu, if hes any stronger its not by much and his cardio isnt better so thats BS and thats not me sayin Penn will just destroy him cause the weight class will make it translate a little different than the Sanchez fight but for people to say it wouldnt even be a game fight thats just stupid.[/quote']

I agree. People who say things like BJ Penn would get destroyed by any top ww dont know what there on about. Im not saying Penn would destroy Koscheck. It would be a tough match but I think Penn would win.

I would like to see BJ fight in WW maybe Alvez because I think he would go toe to toe with BJ... If BJ wants GSP again then he has to prove himself and beat a couple of top WW to be considerd . With that being said after giving maybe a couple more **** beatings in LW serisouly whos left ?

Bj will not beat Thiago Alves. Alves is too big and strong for Bj.

I do not see Bj losing to anyone in the UFC at 155. He will beat Maynard and Edgar. Maybe another shot for Joe Stevenson or Kenflo?

I kind of hope Hardy wins just so BJ would be a little less reluctant to take another shot at the WW belt.

Hardy will not win. Everyone is about to see the Biggest, Strongest, BEST GSP ever!

And Bj will not be the WW champ. NO WAY! The WW division is heavy stacked with Big talented fighters. Not like the little LW's that are smaller than Bj that he beats up.

Interesting Fact, Bj has never beat anyone Bigger than him! On the other hand GSP has beat fighters much bigger than him. So has Fedor and Anderson Silva.

Hardy will not win. Everyone is about to see the Biggest' date=' Strongest, BEST GSP ever!

And Bj will not be the WW champ. NO WAY! The WW division is heavy stacked with Big talented fighters. Not like the little LW's that are smaller than Bj that he beats up.

Interesting Fact, Bj has never beat anyone Bigger than him! On the other hand GSP has beat fighters much bigger than him. So has Fedor and Anderson Silva.[/quote']

Do you mean in height because if you do then Penns last two wins were against people bigger than him.

Archived