Fight Night Lackluster

t0xyg3n

I thought last nights fights were lackluster. Too many decisions and no one really pushing the pace. I thought the Maynard decision was right, but I hate Maynard. I didn't agree with the Simpson decision.

More and more I find myself enjoying other promotions more. The fighters in the UFC just don't seem very hungry. they got to the big show and now they are looking to dig in and defend there spot. Fighters in WEC, SF, DREAM, Sengoku, MFC, Bellator... i could keep going they are all hungry. Looking to put on a show and finish fights.

Perhaps Dana should offer a finishing bonus beyond the sub, ko and fotn. Perhaps do it like this... $10K to show, $5k decision bonus, $5k stoppage bonus, instead of +$10k for any win.

an extra 33% could be a big motivator.

whats your opinion on the quality of fights last night?

ya im sick watching fighters in the ufc and thinking i could hit harder then that noone has killer instinct their abunch of ultimate fighter point scorers

Umm, really? Haha.

There is more to fighting than just punching your opponent in the face.

They are fighting infront of a live crowd and on national television - nerves affect your fight

Some of the fighters do not have the best cardio, so they tend to gass in the second round.

And their career is on the line if they do not win. Why risk loosing just to make some Joe Shmoe in the crowd happy?

Umm' date=' really? Haha.

They are fighting infront of a live crowd and on national television - nerves affect your fight

Some of the fighters do not have the best cardio, so they tend to gass in the second round.

And their career is on the line if they do not win. Why risk loosing just to make some Joe Shmoe in the crowd happy?[/quote']

+1

I found the Diaz and Maynard was the slowest fight on the card. Maynard fought smart though, the only way Diaz could beat him was through his jiu jitsu, If Maynard kept the fight standing there was no way Diaz could win. I like Diaz's fire, but he has to become less emotional, it will cost him fans and fights if he keeps it up and those two factors are the keys to staying in the UFC.

The Lawlor and simpson fight was a good fight, although I thought Lawlor won it, but you have to give Simpson credit for getting out of the first round

The Efrain and Dunham was a good fight and that was a sick triangle, armbar, Efrain should never have let his arm get damaged though, that was stupid on his part

Sadollah and Blackburn was also a decent fight. Sadollah should have finished him twice though, having a guy rocked and then taking him down to try and mount was not a good strategy, especially with Sadollah's improved Muay Thai.

Umm' date=' really? Haha.

And their career is on the line if they do not win. Why risk loosing just to make some Joe Shmoe in the crowd happy?[/quote']

+2

ya im sick watching fighters in the ufc and thinking i could hit harder then that noone has killer instinct their abunch of ultimate fighter point scorers

Only in your mind. I am willing to bet if you actually get in the ring with most of these fighters, you would be singing a different tune. just sayin.

I thought last nights fights were lackluster. Too many decisions and no one really pushing the pace. I thought the Maynard decision was right' date=' but I hate Maynard. I didn't agree with the Simpson decision.

More and more I find myself enjoying other promotions more. The fighters in the UFC just don't seem very hungry. they got to the big show and now they are looking to dig in and defend there spot. Fighters in WEC, SF, DREAM, Sengoku, MFC, Bellator... i could keep going they are all hungry. Looking to put on a show and finish fights.

Perhaps Dana should offer a finishing bonus beyond the sub, ko and fotn. Perhaps do it like this... $10K to show, $5k decision bonus, $5k stoppage bonus, instead of +$10k for any win.

an extra 33% could be a big motivator.

whats your opinion on the quality of fights last night?[/quote']

what are you talking about? the last ufc event was great with 80% of the fights finished. you see one FREE card with to many decisions and you say all these other promotions have better fights? first off WEC is the UFC, SF has some good fights put on but most of there fighters are ufc failures.

Obviously other org are going to have good fights but just because you see one FREE UFC event you werent staisfied witth doest mean they have better fights.

and i must say i thought there were some sick fights, Simpson almost got koed and came back to win, amir almost koed brad twice and that was a sick fight. THat arm lock was sick and Evan made a great come back in that fight to, Diaz vs Manard was also a good fight its not there fault they couldnt finish Gray was obviously trying. I think your dumb and there was some GREAT fights.

I found the Diaz and Maynard was the slowest fight on the card. Maynard fought smart though' date=' the only way Diaz could beat him was through his jiu jitsu, If Maynard kept the fight standing there was no way Diaz could win. I like Diaz's fire, but he has to become less emotional, it will cost him fans and fights if he keeps it up and those two factors are the keys to staying in the UFC.

The Lawlor and simpson fight was a good fight, although I thought Lawlor won it, but you have to give Simpson credit for getting out of the first round

The Efrain and Dunham was a good fight and that was a sick triangle, armbar, Efrain should never have let his arm get damaged though, that was stupid on his part

Sadollah and Blackburn was also a decent fight. Sadollah should have finished him twice though, [b']having a guy rocked and then taking him down to try and mount was not a good strategy, especially with Sadollah's improved Muay Thai.[/b]

I kept thinking the same thing i think it's just due to sadollah's inexperience, he didn't have that fire to just pound the guy out until he couldn't defend himself it looked like he wanted points or something which was stupid but lawlor didn't have that instinct either

???

I thought the fights were great. The fans were booing because of how classless Maynard and Diaz were. Another awesome night of fights IMO.

+1 dident get to see the end of the diaz and maynard fight because my girl was bugging me but from the fights i saw i was entertained amir looked good... kinda sux for efrain should have tapped... and for the diaz and maynard i saw the first and half of the second from that i thought that diaz was winning the fight but guess something happend after that if diaz lost.... but over all i was happy with the fight night

???

I thought the fights were great. The fans were booing because of how classless Maynard and Diaz were. Another awesome night of fights IMO.

GREAT??? Come on man, nothing was Great about UFC last night...

Very Dull.... I use to love UFC, I still like it but its been very dull lately.....

What do you haters want, seriously? All those fights stood and banged, and you still 'didn't like the fights'. Sorry there weren't any Rashad Evans v Chuck Liddell style knock outs, not every fight can have that conclusion.

You guys are lame. UFC has great fights, even undercard fights are good, you just can't open your eyes. StrikeForce has good fights too, WEC has good fights. Fights are always good, unless it is Anderson Silva v. Thales Leites. You guys are ****s.

Oh, and yes I know you can have your own opinion, but they ****ing blow.

I found the Diaz and Maynard was the slowest fight on the card. Maynard fought smart though' date=' the only way Diaz could beat him was through his jiu jitsu, If Maynard kept the fight standing there was no way Diaz could win. I like Diaz's fire, but he has to become less emotional, it will cost him fans and fights if he keeps it up and those two factors are the keys to staying in the UFC.

Sadollah and Blackburn was also a decent fight. Sadollah should have finished him twice though, having a guy rocked and then taking him down to try and mount was not a good strategy, especially with Sadollah's improved Muay Thai.[/quote']

I totally agree with this post. I thought Simpson lost that fight. The first round he was dominated, second round could have gone either way and the third round he won but it wasn't as impressive as the first round.

simpson/lawler.. ****in sick fight. simpson got WORKED and came back and won

diaz/maynard... decent fight, standing & throwing, and people are gonna complain??

efrain/dunham... same as simpson/lawler....

blackburn/amir... another sick stand up fight

****in amazing fight night, you guys crazy?

What do you haters want' date=' seriously? All those fights stood and banged, and you still 'didn't like the fights'. Sorry there weren't any Rashad Evans v Chuck Liddell style knock outs, not every fight can have that conclusion.

You guys are lame. UFC has great fights, even undercard fights are good, you just can't open your eyes. StrikeForce has good fights too, WEC has good fights. Fights are always good, unless it is Anderson Silva v. Thales Leites. You guys are ****s.

Oh, and yes I know you can have your own opinion, but they ****ing blow.[/quote']

simpson/lawler.. ****in sick fight. simpson got WORKED and came back and won

diaz/maynard... decent fight' date=' standing & throwing, and people are gonna complain??

efrain/dunham... same as simpson/lawler....

blackburn/amir... another sick stand up fight

****in amazing fight night, you guys crazy?[/quote']

I agree grreat figths. stop complaining so much,

i thought amir vs blackburn and lawler vs simpson were sick fights.

Mee too.

The UFC Fight night was worth wathcing.

Say that the fighters didn't push the pace you probably watch a different event, because the Amir vs BlackBurn, Tom vs Simpson and Escudero vs Ed were 100% intense since the beginning.

Awesome fights and looking forward for UFC 109.

Archived