Why hype a fight if it's not going to be shown.

Technique

There were a bunch of articles on the UFC front page about Rory Macdonald and Guymon. How Rory was being compared to GSP, how he was 20 years old, undefeated and needed his mom's signature to begin fighting because he was so young. A boy fighting and winning in a mans sport. I was really intrigued about this fight and wanted to see what this kid had.

That was the fight I was most interested in seeing. It turns out Rory got rocked in the beginning of the fight but recovered and submitted Guymon near the end of the first round. Sounds like an awesome fight to me.

There were a few other fights that I really wanted to see including Chris Leben's fight, Rick Story vs. Jesse Lennox. There were others too that werent shown.

I would really like to watch these fights. We got the background story of these fighters and I was looking forward to following some of them as they began their UFC careers.

Dana and the UFC please show these fights. I know there were time restrictions and advertisement obligations, but a small segment with a few more of the unaired fights would be great. Anybody else dissapointed they didn't get to see some of these fights?

There were a bunch of articles on the UFC front page about Rory Macdonald and Guymon. How Rory was being compared to GSP' date=' how he was 20 years old, undefeated and needed his mom's signature to begin fighting because he was so young. A boy fighting and winning in a mans sport. I was really intrigued about this fight and wanted to see what this kid had.

That was the fight I was most interested in seeing. It turns out Rory got rocked in the beginning of the fight but recovered and submitted Guymon near the end of the first round. Sounds like an awesome fight to me.

There were a few other fights that I really wanted to see including Chris Leben's fight, Rick Story vs. Jesse Lennox. There were others too that werent shown.

I would really like to watch these fights. We got the background story of these fighters and I was looking forward to following some of them as they began their UFC careers.

Dana and the UFC please show these fights. I know there were time restrictions and advertisement obligations, but a small segment with a few more of the unaired fights would be great. Anybody else dissapointed they didn't get to see some of these fights?[/quote']

$1.99 online ufclive.com

There were a bunch of articles on the UFC front page about Rory Macdonald and Guymon. How Rory was being compared to GSP' date=' how he was 20 years old, undefeated and needed his mom's signature to begin fighting because he was so young. A boy fighting and winning in a mans sport. I was really intrigued about this fight and wanted to see what this kid had.

Dana and the UFC please show these fights. I know there were time restrictions and advertisement obligations, but a small segment with a few more of the unaired fights would be great. Anybody else dissapointed they didn't get to see some of these fights?[/quote']

not to be a jerk but if your complaining about seeing the prelims then you should have paid the $5 pricetag for last nights event online. $5 dollars was for the entire card, prelims and all, thats a bloody steal

Thanks' date=' I didn't realize you could buy them. Still doesn't make much sense since it's their first FREE show of 2010. But I guess you pay for everything these days.[/quote']

Prelimary fights are really meant for those holding tickets at the gate, its an extra 5 fights or whatever that leagues put on for more entertainment value. their incentive is more fighs for your dollar, so whether its free on Spike/Versus/theScore etc. you still pay for the prelims as they aren't the "main card" = main attraction which is shown free

and its not like its a "first FREE show of 2010", no events are free in such that we see the fight card in its entirety

I don't understand your point' date=' you can't purchase them on the ufc.com/live website?[/quote']

Depends whether they are streamed or downloadable...streams are really slow for us they constantly do that buffering thing, ive purchased internet streams before and they are barely watchable. (Btw my internet speed is fast as far as Australian internet goes...just our internet is much slower than yours and also has download limits)

Depends whether they are streamed or downloadable...streams are really slow for us they constantly do that buffering thing' date=' ive purchased internet streams before and they are barely watchable. (Btw my internet speed is fast as far as Australian internet goes...just our internet is much slower than yours and also has download limits)[/quote']

like gov't imposed limits or like you live in the outback and it takes awhile to develope an infrastructure out there?

like gov't imposed limits or like you live in the outback and it takes awhile to develope an infrastructure out there?

You have to buy extra download limits, the internet speed price isn't much of a problem, most part of the bill comes from download limits, to a maximum of 200gb a month depending which provider you go through. I don't know how fast you guys internet is but ours only goes up to 8 m/b a second but everyone complains that our internet speeds suck compared to US so that's a big problem for streaming.

Depends whether they are streamed or downloadable...streams are really slow for us they constantly do that buffering thing' date=' ive purchased internet streams before and they are barely watchable. (Btw my internet speed is fast as far as Australian internet goes...just our internet is much slower than yours and also has download limits)[/quote']

yeah its streamed, two speed 600k and 300k so it might be worth it once to try the 300k as its meant to stream for slower connections. internet speed in Canada is normally prety solid, if alot of people are doing the same thing on one server it tends to be a little slower.

and the upside to streaming is it usually doesn't count towards data downloaded depending on how your internet provider does things i guess too.

the UFC on demand service lets you download fights too if you sign up for the membership, takes some time usually for the fights to be posted and downloadable but still a good way to get a fight you missed.

Archived