UFC sells 10% stake to jihadists?

docgary

Dana, please tell me this is not true?

" Yup, the UFC is now 10% owned by the sons of the late Sheikh Zayed Al-Nahyan, whose Zayed Center funded anti-Semitic, Holocaust-denying, anti-Israel, and 9/11 Truther speakers, authors, and books."

http://www.debbieschlussel.com

Listen, private business is private...but, in this political climate, one would think that the UFC and Zuffa, LLC would have a little bit of patriotic pride and keep the all American UFC out of the hands of the muzzies.

And its not just a muslim company...Its the Zayed center, owned by the sons of the late Sheikh Zayed Al-Nahyan who publically DENY THE HOLOCAUST.

Hey, Dana, what are you gonna do when your minority share holder says NO ISREALI FIGHTERS? Or even no jew fighters?

I thought better of you guys...

Dr G Friedman

I'll be extremely surprised if you post this...

Yes, the Sheicks of the Emirates (surely they shoould be Emirs then...) are muslims, arabs whatever you prefer, but they are fundamentally CAPITALIST and WESTERN MINDED.

They are also super shrewd investors, and you can bet if they are putting money into the UFC, then they expect to make a LOT back.

This is nothing of concern from a 'jihadist' or terrorsit PoV, but is in fact a very good sign of how big the UFC is soon to become...

You can not punish men for the sins of their fathers! The Shiek is a huge MMA/BJJ fan that personally arranged and now hosts the Abu Dhabi grappling championships. He has personally never been involved in any type of politics or anything else. The dude just likes the fights and wants to be able to put more on in his home.

In the 40's, New York State was party to hosting several rallys for the American Nazi Party, so should no one do business in the state? Fedor Emilianenko's parents were both members of the Soviet communist party, should he not be allowed to fight? Thailand was a big supporter of Pol Pot in cambodia, one of the cruelest and horrible despots in History, should Muay Thai be banned? Jiu Jitsu and Judo are Korean martial arts at their root, and we all know about Kim Jong Il and the human rights violations in N Korea, should they be disallowed?

You can not punish men for the sins of their fathers! The Shiek is a huge MMA/BJJ fan that personally arranged and now hosts the Abu Dhabi grappling championships. He has personally never been involved in any type of politics or anything else. The dude just likes the fights and wants to be able to put more on in his home.

In the 40's' date=' New York State was party to hosting several rallys for the American Nazi Party, so should no one do business in the state? Fedor Emilianenko's parents were both members of the Soviet communist party, should he not be allowed to fight? Thailand was a big supporter of Pol Pot in cambodia, one of the cruelest and horrible despots in History, should Muay Thai be banned? Jiu Jitsu and Judo are Korean martial arts at their root, and we all know about Kim Jong Il and the human rights violations in N Korea, should they be disallowed?[/quote']

^^This man talks sense.

In the 40's' date=' New York State was party to hosting several rallys for the American Nazi Party, so should no one do business in the state? Fedor Emilianenko's parents were both members of the Soviet communist party, should he not be allowed to fight? Thailand was a big supporter of Pol Pot in cambodia, one of the cruelest and horrible despots in History, should Muay Thai be banned? Jiu Jitsu and Judo are Korean martial arts at their root, and we all know about Kim Jong Il and the human rights violations in N Korea, should they be disallowed?[/quote']

Well that pretty much sums it up.

There it is....no more to say on the matter really

Very good post Josh :)

Why lie? Im racist against people from the middle east. I did what I did for 15 months, and ever since seeing some things happen to people that I considered my brothers... I cant bring a smile to my face when I hear this. Im sorry to anybody that this offends, I truly dont wish to offend, but I cant help it. I dont like it, even if this will help the UFC, or MMA grow world wide.

Valid points' date=' yet that's not the argument.

The UAE doesn't allow Israelis into their country. So are they gonna make exceptions, or what?

This is the issue.[/quote']

The limitations and laws in Abu Dhabi the city itself are extremely more lenient than anywhere else in the UAE. It is being set up as the vaction and entertainment destination for the entire Eastern Hemisphere so Islamic Law is not enforced to the same degree as anywhere else in the region, I am not 100% sure but I am pretty sure this includes the limitations on Isrealis and whatnot. Some of the biggest monetary investors in the region are Israeli actually.

I'm choosing no sides in this due to my lack of knowledge.

This was a good post, you're arguement made sense, but I don't think the examples really fit. The arguement is more 'should Fedor be allowed to own part of the UFC', not 'should Fedor be allowed to fight'.

I'm choosing no sides in this due to my lack of knowledge.

This was a good post' date=' you're arguement made sense, but I don't think the examples really fit. The arguement is more 'should Fedor be allowed to own part of the UFC', not 'should Fedor be allowed to fight'.[/quote']

Yeah the examples are a bit of a stretch when comparing to the original point but I was more using them as examples of "sins of the father" being transfered to the sons.

Why lie? Im racist against people from the middle east. I did what I did for 15 months' date=' and ever since seeing some things happen to people that I considered my brothers...[/quote']

My first reaction was to call you names and insult your intelligence etc. but as I was typing it I realized that it would hypocritical for me to attack you for admitting your racist feelings. The truth is that deep down we all have those feelings...it's part of our evolutionary survival instinct to feel more accepting and tolerant of those who are more like us. We like to think of ourselves as separate from the rest of the animal kingdom but the truth is that, in spite of our intelligence, we share traits and characteristics that were necessary for our survival as a species. One of these is the instinctual reaction that the unknown or different is something to be wary of or even feared. However, just because we have these underlying instincts doesn't validate acting on them...we also have a powerful instinct to spread our seed, it's called a sex drive, but we don't go about raping and impregnating females because of those urges.

My first reaction was to call you names and insult your intelligence etc. but as I was typing it I realized that it would hypocritical for me to attack you for admitting your racist feelings. The truth is that deep down we all have those feelings...it's part of our evolutionary survival instinct to feel more accepting and tolerant of those who are more like us. We like to think of ourselves as separate from the rest of the animal kingdom but the truth is that' date=' in spite of our intelligence, we share traits and characteristics that were necessary for our survival as a species. One of these is the instinctual reaction that the unknown or different is something to be wary of or even feared. However, just because we have these underlying instincts doesn't validate acting on them...we also have a powerful instinct to spread our seed, it's called a sex drive, but [b']we don't go about raping and impregnating females because of those urges.[/b]

We don't? Oh crap!

Nationalism and pride for your country is overrated

Business is business

Money talks.

Stop being so close-minded.

And yes' date=' 9/11 was an inside job[/quote']

Simple but solid points. Besides the Israeli/Jew conflicts with the middle east have never been a major US concern, why would they be now?

Dana' date=' please tell me this is not true?

" Yup, the UFC is now 10% owned by the sons of the late Sheikh Zayed Al-Nahyan, whose Zayed Center funded anti-Semitic, Holocaust-denying, anti-Israel, and 9/11 Truther speakers, authors, and books."

http://www.debbieschlussel.com

Listen, private business is private...but, in this political climate, one would think that the UFC and Zuffa, LLC would have a little bit of patriotic pride and keep the all American UFC out of the hands of the muzzies.

And its not just a muslim company...Its the Zayed center, owned by the sons of the late Sheikh Zayed Al-Nahyan who publically DENY THE HOLOCAUST.

Hey, Dana, what are you gonna do when your minority share holder says NO ISREALI FIGHTERS? Or even no jew fighters?

I thought better of you guys...

Dr G Friedman

I'll be extremely surprised if you post this...[/quote']

sorry to burst your bubble,but theres more to this world then just Isrealis?tired of hearing people say they hate isrealis so deny them anything?who cares get over it...one can argue that the isrealis are the hate mongers for occupying palestine...God knows the UN has told them to leave etc many times over...answer me this..why when saddam invaded kuwait the whole world jumped on him?and when isreali does it to palestine the world does nothing and offers a two state solution?what gives them the right to divide a sovereign country?does palestine have a say in this?i could go on,...just tired of this might is right crap

Yeah in the US we are inundated with pro-Israeli sentiments all the time.

As far as I'm concerned... it's not OUR fight. Leave them to it. IF they can protect and defend "their" land...fine..but they have to accept the cost THEMSELVES...not rope the US into it.

There are two sides to every story...and it's the whole christian connection that has us siding with Israel...another case of religion taking lives...

sad...

Cheers

-DR

My first reaction was to call you names and insult your intelligence etc. but as I was typing it I realized that it would hypocritical for me to attack you for admitting your racist feelings. The truth is that deep down we all have those feelings...it's part of our evolutionary survival instinct to feel more accepting and tolerant of those who are more like us. We like to think of ourselves as separate from the rest of the animal kingdom but the truth is that' date=' in spite of our intelligence, we share traits and characteristics that were necessary for our survival as a species. One of these is the instinctual reaction that the unknown or different is something to be wary of or even feared. However, just because we have these underlying instincts doesn't validate acting on them...we also have a powerful instinct to spread our seed, it's called a sex drive, but we don't go about raping and impregnating females because of those urges.[/quote']

Deep down we don't have those feelings. There are different levels of the souls of man.

"[T]hus identification with the group is a simple and easy path to follow, but the goup experience goes no deeper than the level of one's own mind in that state. It does work a change in you, but the change does not last. On the contrary, you must have continual recourse to mass intoxication in order to consolidate the experience and your belief in it. But as soon as you are removed from the crowd, you are a different person again and unable to reproduce the previous state of mind. The mass is swayed by participation mystique, which is nothing other than an unconscious identity.

Jung

BTW- evolutionary psychology=the tail wagging the dog

Good post but entirely misses my OP.

The Zayed center is alive and well and has the govt of the UAE as a minority share holder.

This is the SAME company that, as part of a larger holding company, was very close in getting the contract to provide security for the U.S ports under Bush!

Yes, Josh, you're right...the sons are avid wrestling fans...but this company DIRECTLY PROVIDES FINANCES AND MATERIAL SUPPORT for the people we are fighting in Afganistan and Al Queda. Dont believe me? look up Zayed center and war on terror.

Check this out:

"In August 2002, the Los Angeles Times quoted Mohammed Murar, the executive director of the Zayed Center, saying about Jews that "the truth is they are the enemies of all nations." His comment came on the heels of a Zayed Center report stating that "the Zionists are the people who killed the Jews in Europe."

The Zayed Center has a history of giving Holocaust deniers like David Irving a forum to promulgate their ideas. In 1998, Sheik Zayed's wife donated $50,000 to finance the defense of infamous Holocaust denier Roger Garaudy in a French court.

In April 2002, the Zayed Center hosted Thierry Meyssan, the French author of "The Appalling Fraud," which claims that the U.S. military staged the 9/11 attacks. The center translated Mr. Meyssan's book into Arabic, hailed its publication and widely advertised the work. A month later, Lyndon LaRouche, the fringe political figure who has made disparaging remarks about Judaism, was an honored guest. Just last month, the center hosted Umayma Jalahma, a professor of Islamic Studies at King Faisal University, who declared: "The Jewish people must obtain human blood so that their clerics can prepare for holiday pastries."

I simply find it appalling that Zuffa LLC and Dana would sell their souls to lay down with trash like this. Afterall, Its not like they are hurting for bucks!

This is exactly what pure greed looks like! Grab as much as you can, from wherever you can...Just like all the US and european companies did with germany during WW2.

AND YOU ARE PAYING IT!!!!

sorry to burst your bubble' date='but theres more to this world then just Isrealis?tired of hearing people say they hate isrealis so deny them anything?who cares get over it...one can argue that the isrealis are the hate mongers for occupying palestine...God knows the UN has told them to leave etc many times over...answer me this..why when saddam invaded kuwait the whole world jumped on him?and when isreali does it to palestine the world does nothing and offers a two state solution?what gives them the right to divide a sovereign country?does palestine have a say in this?i could go on,...just tired of this might is right crap[/quote']

Johnny:

I thought of a nice way to put this,however...

YOU GOT **** FOR BRAINS!!

If you would do the slightest research, you would learn that Israel

WAS CREATED BY THE UNITED NATIONS, YOU DOLT!!

The present arguement is over the land Israel won after its enemies declared war on it,

but lost. As in any war, to the victor goes the spoils.

Listen Johnny, a word to the wise...

Stop watching so much UFC...I think the rear naked chokes are cutting off oxygen to your brain rendering you stupid. Thats right...MERELY watching UFC is causing dementia in you.

SHEESH

You ought to find out truthfully where AL Qaeda came from. Who started it and where "they got their money from"

A good start for you would be "Confessions of an Economic Hitman" John Perkins.

Then look up zbigniew brzezinski and his past, and how he ties into Carter's administration and how that all ties in with the crux of your argument of "groups we are supposedly against"

The true beauty of all sports is that it overcomes ALL political and socio-economic ethos, especially when it is two men facing each other in equal combat and the best man wins. Under your line of reasoning no one should do business with Volkswagon, Mercedes Benz, or numerous other European entitities, as well as the Catholic church, for their roles in WWII and the holocaust.

The past is history, the future a mystery, and today is a gift, that's why they call it the present. Now enjoy it!!

Johnny:

I thought of a nice way to put this' date='however...

YOU GOT **** FOR BRAINS!!

If you would do the slightest research, you would learn that Israel

WAS CREATED BY THE UNITED NATIONS, YOU DOLT!!

The present arguement is over the land Israel won after its enemies declared war on it,

but lost. As in any war, to the victor goes the spoils.

Listen Johnny, a word to the wise...

Stop watching so much UFC...I think the rear naked chokes are cutting off oxygen to your brain rendering you stupid. Thats right...MERELY watching UFC is causing dementia in you.

SHEESH[/quote']

your a moron,you just proved my point...to the victor goes the spoils...thank god russia gave back east germany and every country they took during and after WW2 which created the USSR...they learned finally that might is not right to bad isreal couldnt learn from the russians...any invasion breeds nothing but hatred and freedom fighters...and unfortunately America and the world has to send there sons to fight isreals battles......

well you should move to canada, here is what we offer =

-insane winters

-special treatment for everyone that is not a white hedro sexual male

-increased prices on all your favorite products

-and finally we bend over to the USA, not israel

welcome to cana-DA

well you should move to canada' date=' here is what we offer =

-insane winters

-special treatment for everyone that is not a white hedro sexual male

-increased prices on all your favorite products

-and finally we bend over to the USA, not israel

welcome to cana-DA[/quote']

Ah but those increased prices on products can be compensated for in the drastically reduced medical costs.

Here in America..we're greedy..me first.....screw everyone else...capitalist ****s. We like making profit off cancer.

So...yeah for me Canada doesn't look so bad..*chuckle*

Cheers sir

-DR

How are these racist feelings not to want American company to be owned by people who supports enemies of America.

I am sick of people repeating that "business is business". It is a bull. Anyone who says that would sell his own mother just to get a mighty $.

So in the same time when BJ, Wandy, Fitch and others visit troops in Iraq and Afganistan but profits from UFC will go to people who support people who kill American soldiers.

I am not a racist and I am not afraid to be called one by people with no values.

Ah but those increased prices on products can be compensated for in the drastically reduced medical costs.

Here in America..we're greedy..me first.....screw everyone else...capitalist ****s. We like making profit off cancer.

So...yeah for me Canada doesn't look so bad..*chuckle*

Cheers sir

-DR

actually the medical treatment comes from how much more taxes we pay up here

actually the medical treatment comes from how much more taxes we pay up here

Yeah I understand that, but still it's drastically more efficient monetarily than what we have down in the US.

And you pay according to your means in Canada. If you are working at McDonalds...you pay a certain tax rate...if you are a GSP you pay a bit more...but still...it's a far superior system to what we've got in the states. Here we not only pay taxes..(which is admittedly lower than some Canadian provinces) but we THEN pay the premiums for our healthcare...so in the end..when all expenses are accounted for...it's still probably a better deal in Canada. Because that system is fundamentally about CARING FOR PEOPLE. In the use..it's about MAKING A PROFIT.

Cheers

-DR

Archived