Unstoppable champions?

K_Gore

Machida' date=' A. Silva, St. Pierre, and Bj Penn all seem unstoppable at this point in their careers. Who do you think will be the top contenders to come in a steal their belts?[/quote']

Machida has not really proved to be that great to me he beat Thiago which is impressive, he beat Rashad who chose to stand with him not so impressive, and won a questionable decision to Shogun.

Silva has seemed unstoppable but also seems to be ducking fights.

Machida has not really proved to be that great to me he beat Thiago which is impressive' date=' he beat Rashad who chose to stand with him not so impressive, and won a questionable decision to Shogun.

Silva has seemed unstoppable but also seems to be ducking fights.[/quote']

How is it not impressive that Machida beat Rashad because Rashad stood with him? Machida knocked out a guy who was undefeated in 18 or 19 fights at the point, that's impressive. Machida also dismantled everyone put in front of him in the UFC and did not lose a single round until the Shogun fight.

Also being injured is not ducking fights and Silva will be fighting, and destroying, Belfort in a few months.

yeah Idk whats been up with Silva' date=' but I think your completely wrong about Machida.[/quote']

Saying Machida is unbeatable is like saying Maynard is unbeatable there is obvious holes in his game he beat 2 good fighters and a under prepared Rashad. If Machida beats Shogun and Rampage beats Rashad, Rampage will KO Machida Lyoto's punches don't pack enough to KO Quinton.

Machida' date=' A. Silva, St. Pierre, and Bj Penn all seem unstoppable at this point in their careers. Who do you think will be the top contenders to come in a steal their belts?[/quote']

They are all great champions, but Machida showed in his last fight that he can be beaten by Shogun. Silva may well retire without a UFC loss, but I think Marquardt will test him in a rematch. St. Pierre and Penn both have their divisions locked down right now, and should keep winning fights for a while until some new talent arises to challenge them- but in the UFC that can happen fast. Still, both of them have the skill to go the next couple of years without a loss if they stay healthy and focused.

This is why the UFC shoulda kept Henderson. He's the only one I saw with a serious shot at beating silva(in a rematch). Need someone with serious knock out power and the ability to take silva down (like henderson) because you won't get many chances to hit a guy as elusive as him.

Saying Machida is unbeatable is like saying Maynard is unbeatable there is obvious holes in his game he beat 2 good fighters and a under prepared Rashad. If Machida beats Shogun and Rampage beats Rashad' date=' Rampage will KO Machida Lyoto's punches don't pack enough to KO Quinton.[/quote']

+1

Machida is not unstopable at all.

I could name you about 5 LW who could compete and maybe beat him.

Silva,gsp and BJ are unstopable in there devision doh

Machida has not really proved to be that great to me he beat Thiago which is impressive' date=' he beat Rashad who chose to stand with him not so impressive, and won a questionable decision to Shogun.

Silva has seemed unstoppable but also seems to be ducking fights.[/quote']

Agree with this

+1

Guys' date=' Machida fights at LHW, not LW.

And he's not unstoppable. Shogun has a very good chance to beat him in the rematch and Rampage would mop the floor with him.[/quote']

Rampage mopping the floor with Machida? I doubt it. I give him a better chance than probably any other lhw but i still don't see him winning.

How is it not impressive that Machida beat Rashad because Rashad stood with him? Machida knocked out a guy who was undefeated in 18 or 19 fights at the point' date=' that's impressive. Machida also dismantled everyone put in front of him in the UFC and did not lose a single round until the Shogun fight.

Also being injured is not ducking fights and Silva will be fighting, and destroying, Belfort in a few months.[/quote']

Machida is a good points fighter. That's why he didn't lose a round until Rua. Growing up with karate most tournaments are points based. He is quick can run and change direction quickly. He frustrates his opponents to the point where they over expose themselves. He knocked out Rashad and Silva but with the small gloves anyone can do it. Especially when the opponent is pissed, the crowd is booing, and machida is running, forcing the opponent to chase sometimes wrecklessly and get tagged. Shogun had patience and picked him apart. 82 strikes to machidas 41. I don't think Machida will get finished because he doesn't engage as much as other fighters. I do see him losing via decision in the near future. I personally think machida is boring and overrated.

GSP, Penn, Silva, and even Lesnar before his illness seemed unstoppable. Machida in my eyes no.

BJ is most likely not to loose. 2nd is a tie between Silva and GSP with me thinking GSP has more competition. The MW division is lack luster imho. Other than Marquardt I see no one threatening Silva except maybe Belfort with a punchers chance. LHW and HW are stacked now. Lesnar is likely to loose it before Machida imho given his long time out of the ring and potential health issues.

I believe/hope to see Anderson make a permanent move to the LHW division after Machida loses to Shogun again. I believe Anderson will become the LHW champion and may challenge himself at HW. He is going to have a hard time making weight for the 185 pound bout with Vitor as he has been putting on more weight.

GSP is getting stronger and bigger. He is a truly dedicated champion and fighter. I believe he will challenge himself at MW and become the MW champion after Silva makes his permanent move.

Penn may do the same and move up after GSp has vacated the WW division.

I believe/hope to see Anderson make a permanent move to the LHW division after Machida loses to Shogun again. I believe Anderson will become the LHW champion and may challenge himself at HW. He is going to have a hard time making weight for the 185 pound bout with Vitor as he has been putting on more weight.

GSP is getting stronger and bigger. He is a truly dedicated champion and fighter. I believe he will challenge himself at MW and become the MW champion after Silva makes his permanent move.

Penn may do the same and move up after GSp has vacated the WW division.

Interesting scenario and I hope it turns out that way. Not so sure about Silva making any kind of extended/permanent move to LHW though since according to him he won't be fighting much longer.

Machida could possibly get KO'd in his next fight with Shogun.

A.Silva is definitely unstoppable!!!

GSP could potentially get sparked by Hardy.

BJ is looking unstoppable at the minute also.

How can you say GSP could potentially get sparked and say Bj is looking unstoppable, correct me if i'm wrong but GSP has defended against better opponents for a longer period of time.

Machida could possibly get KO'd in his next fight with Shogun.

A.Silva is definitely unstoppable!!!

GSP could potentially get sparked by Hardy.

BJ is looking unstoppable at the minute also.

GSP has way more title defenses than BJ! Also GSP is a better and more dominate fighter.

Bj will lose before GSP will. And the LW division is the weakest in the UFC.

WW is stacked, LHW is stacked.

Archived