Where do you see MMA in 10 years?

So_Amazing

MMA will be a huge sport but the UFC will not be the leading promoter... Dana is bad when it comes to working buisness deals... he said he wanted to be on network tv, but his demands made CBS tell him to take a hike... as did showtime and HBO

Dana has no bend its his way or [mod edit] off... that does not fly on the corprate world... and it will bite him in the ****

MMA will be a huge sport but the UFC will not be the leading promoter... Dana is bad when it comes to working buisness deals... he said he wanted to be on network tv' date=' but his demands made CBS tell him to take a hike... as did showtime and HBO

Dana has no bend its his way or fuсk off... that does not fly on the corprate world... and it will bite him in the ****[/quote']

Agreed, I find Dana more of a fan than the successful businessman he sells himself to be.

In ten years I think mma may be as big as boxing was in the 80's . People love this sport and eventually the kind of people who would have been fans of boxing 20 years ago, will be all about mma. I mean really, boxing sucks right now. And even though boxing as a skill is very important in mma, mma fighters are the more well-rounded, exciting fighters.

The other thing about mma that makes it so exciting is that it is a more pure form of fighting. Any style, or combination of styles of fighting, is permitted. And the gloves are smaller so it is a more raw, and savage sport that requires serious guts on the part of its fighters.

So the answer is, it will only grow. Soon people won't take boxers as seriously and will feel that the only way to see who the best fighters in the world are, is to put them in a ring or cage, with mma gloves, and mma rules.

yeah hes definately a useless businessman.... him and 2 friends save the company from collapsing' date=' then turn it into THE mma organisation.... i agree he really is terrible.

good post guys hahahaha

ps... hizoka, why do you bother?? ;)[/quote']

you are a [mod edit]... the reason it is where it is today is because its no longerr banned on TV and because or the Forrest Griffin Stephen Bonnor fight... if that fight did not happen the UFC would still be soething most people never herd of in the US

it would still be huge in Japan as it is now and people would prolly cal it MMA instead of thinking the UFC is MMA not that the UFC promotes MMA and exsists out side of it

Forrest and Stephan have more to do with where the UFC is now then Dana White

you are a [mod edit]... the reason it is where it is today is because its no longerr banned on TV and because or the Forrest Griffin Stephen Bonnor fight... if that fight did not happen the UFC would still be soething most people never herd of in the US

it would still be huge in Japan as it is now and people would prolly cal it MMA instead of thinking the UFC is MMA not that the UFC promotes MMA and exsists out side of it

Albeit a great fight, the fact you beleive UFC is where it is now is as much down to them as dana white makes me almost want to ignore you... but making you look stupid is quite fun, and easily done despite it being 00:30 and time for bed! haha

you cannot disagree dana has done a GREAT job for the UFC, and maybe someone else could push it on further now, but as of now i think the best man for the job, is in the job!

MMA will never be bigger than Football' date=' anyone who thinks it will is stupid![/quote']

football or soccer? :D here in the uk football is the game where 11 girlyboys play against another 11 and see who can perform the best theatrical dives...

if youre american, youre football, is basically a game of rugby, but for those scared to play without pads :) ahahaah

you could turn a harvard professor into a disabled monkey in a matter of minutes by having them listen to you.

but its good to laugh at your idiocy it makes me feel better.

I see MMA as the number 4 sport in America behind only Football' date='Baseball, and Basketball in ten years. Hockey is going down the drain, golf and soccer will never catch on. MMA is the only sport other than Football that is on it's way up.[/quote']

hokey has been down the drain for some years... baseball is nearly forgotten at this point.. and basketball os losing footing because of all the thugs involved with it... football is going there too... especially when players keep MULTIPLE unregistered guns in their lockers

you could turn a harvard professor into a disabled monkey in a matter of minutes by having them listen to you.

but its good to laugh at your idiocy it makes me feel better.

the FANS have made the UFC popular.. the Griffen Bonner fight is what got people watching it because it was on cable TV and a ar.. without that fight the word of mouth about the UFC would of been non exsistant then... you guys really have no idea what impact that fight had for the UFC

but then again at that time neither of you had even herd of the ufc...

the FANS have made the UFC popular.. the Griffen Bonner fight is what got people watching it because it was on cable TV and a ar.. without that fight the word of mouth about the UFC would of been non exsistant then... you guys really have no idea what impact that fight had for the UFC

you got me there! youre just too clever... so maybe we should just say it has nothing to do with dana, nothing to do with forrest and bonner, but infact the matchmaker? or NO, lets say it was whoever employed the matchmaker for this fight... yeah, it is down to him that the ufc has grown...

so who employed him?

DANA!!!!

dear sir rather then rebuking your claims holding underlying intent you in fact know more than me i would rather issue this delightful insult.

go play in traffic stay away from forums the disabled monkeys you made from talking have lost interest with you and your dim witted attempts at intelligence, people are at odds with you because you are wrong. wake up. ive been watching sinse ufc 40, and uhhhhhh go replace the plastic brain in your head you stole from the "operation" childrens game and replace it with a real one. ta ta

you got me there! youre just too clever... so maybe we should just say it has nothing to do with dana' date=' nothing to do with forrest and bonner, but infact the matchmaker? or NO, lets say it was whoever employed the matchmaker for this fight... yeah, it is down to him that the ufc has grown...

so who employed him?

DANA!!!![/quote']

because a match maker desided the outcome of a tournament... see if you were not so damn dumb you would look some things up...

football or soccer? :D here in the uk football is the game where 11 girlyboys play against another 11 and see who can perform the best theatrical dives...

if youre american' date=' youre football, is basically a game of rugby, but for those scared to play without pads :) ahahaah[/quote']

Not soccer :P although i do like it! chelsea ftw :D

Albeit a great fight' date=' the fact you beleive UFC is where it is now is as much down to them as dana white makes me almost want to ignore you... but making you look stupid is quite fun, and easily done despite it being 00:30 and time for bed! haha

you cannot disagree dana has done a GREAT job for the UFC, and maybe someone else could push it on further now, but as of now i think the best man for the job, is in the job![/quote']

Plus he make's UFC worth from 2 million to 2 billion. What else could you look for in a boss. Dana is the reason why MMA = UFC. let's admit it guys, UFC now will be forever synonyms with MMA. Like F1 to racing, Ali to Boxing, MLB to baseball, NBA to basketball.

dear sir rather then rebuking your claims holding underlying intent you in fact know more than me i would rather issue this delightful insult.

go play in traffic stay away from forums the disabled monkeys you made from talking have lost interest with you and your dim witted attempts at intelligence' date=' people are at odds with you because you are wrong. wake up. ive been watching sinse ufc 40, and uhhhhhh go replace the plastic brain in your head you stole from the "operation" childrens game and replace it with a real one. ta ta[/quote']

oh noes.. UFC 40... dude i was watching and following MMA before there was the UFC and the term MMA... [MOD EDIT]

I don't think anyone is saying the fight wasn't a huge breakthrough for MMA. It obviously was and noone is denying it. They're just simply stating how stupid you are to think that that fight resurrected MMA when in actuality Dana White has completely reinvented the sport and made it what it was today. If you're denying that you have got to have some sort of mental disability. It's undeniable and completely true. He is the one who imposed the rule changes, made the sport a hundred times safer and, in the process, made it santionable in the US. He is the reason that we were even able to enjoy that breakthrough fight. Your arguement makes absolutely no sense. You say that the reason MMA is as popular as it is today is because it is no longer banned on tv. WHO DO YOU THINK MADE IT THAT WAY???

oh noes.. UFC 40... dude i was watching and following MMA before there was the UFC and the term MMA... fuсking moron

little do you know watching the sport does not make you wise (your living proof). I said ufc 40 to show i liked it long before griffin/bonnar.

how on earth did you manage to reply from the road?

your a jerk.

I don't think anyone is saying the fight wasn't a huge breakthrough for MMA. It obviously was and noone is denying it. They're just simply stating how stupid you are to think that that fight resurrected MMA when in actuality Dana White has completely reinvented the sport and made it what it was today. If you're denying that you have got to have some sort of mental disability. It's undeniable and completely true. He is the one who imposed the rule changes' date=' made the sport a hundred times safer and, in the process, made it santionable in the US. He is the reason that we were even able to enjoy that breakthrough fight. Your arguement makes absolutely no sense. You say that the reason MMA is as popular as it is today is because it is no longer banned on tv. WHO DO YOU THINK MADE IT THAT WAY???[/quote']

and i thought i was making hizoka look stupid. great post pain :)

and by the way, if you're still going to go against the facts and state that the griffin/bonnar fight made MMA what it is today then why don't I oblidge you and come at it from another angle...

You're absolutely correct. Dana White has nothing to do with the ressurection of MMA. The Ultimate Fighter reality show is what really has brought the sport to the mainstream population. This show was able to appeal to the mass public on a cable network station and gave us insight into the fighters as people, not savage animals. We were able to get a glimpse of the personalities and quirks of the person along with the aggressiveness that they showed in the cage and how these aspects shaped them. This show helped people see MMA as an actual sport instead of savage "human ****fighting" and can be seen as the turning point for MMA and the UFC. Once again, although that final fight to finish the first season was absolutely groundbreaking and put MMA and the UFC on the map this was all a result of the reality TV show, The Ultimate Fighter.

now wait one minute... who revolutionized the early NHB rules to allow this wonderful sport to be broadcast? Oh that's right. It was Dana White

[quote=PainIsNothing;414391\

now wait one minute... who revolutionized the early NHB rules to allow this wonderful sport to be broadcast? Oh that's right. It was Dana White

actually it was jeff blatnik that did that not dana white... everyone claims Dana did everything... he didn't it was other people work that Dana gets credit for and claims he did, when in fact there were many many others that did the work he takes the credit for

Nascar is bigger then football... football is losing its place far faster the MMA is growing

Not American football... No way in hell. Nascar is economy dependant with sponsors paying for the sport. The NFL is a completely different animal all together. Besides that on an international scale, MMA will never come close to Futbol.

actually it was jeff blatnik that did that not dana white... everyone claims Dana did everything... he didn't it was other people work that Dana gets credit for and claims he did' date=' when in fact there were many many others that did the work he takes the credit for[/quote']

lmao and that's what you came back with?

regardless Dana promotes, implemented the rule changes with the Feritita Brothers and that is why the UFC and MMA is able to be broadcast.

you are a moron... the reason it is where it is today is because its no longerr banned on TV and because or the Forrest Griffin Stephen Bonnor fight... if that fight did not happen the UFC would still be soething most people never herd of in the US

you are a moron....the reason ufc is here today is because dana got the fertita brothers to buy the company when it was going under and helped turn it into what it is today yes the tuf fight helped but that wouldnt exist if it was'nt for zuffa buying the company, who were persuaded too bye dana white

Honestly I don't know about MMA in general. but UFC or SF will begin to die or take a serious blow as soon as theres a death on national tv.

it didn't hurt boxing and dozens of people have died doing that... and there have already been 3 MMA deaths... its part of the sport... Nascar did not die when Dale Earnheart drove into the wall killing himself...

everyone claims that but its not true

it didn't hurt boxing and dozens of people have died doing that... and there have already been 3 MMA deaths... its part of the sport... Nascar did not die when Dale Earnheart drove into the wall killing himself...

everyone claims that but its not true

On national Tv it did hurt boxing..and you can't compare Nas car with either Boxing or MMA... also.. the 3 deaths in MMA werent on nation wide TV in the U.S

and by the way' date=' if you're still going to go against the facts and state that the griffin/bonnar fight made MMA what it is today then why don't I oblidge you and come at it from another angle...

You're absolutely correct. Dana White has nothing to do with the ressurection of MMA. The Ultimate Fighter reality show is what really has brought the sport to the mainstream population. This show was able to appeal to the mass public on a cable network station and gave us insight into the fighters as people, not savage animals. We were able to get a glimpse of the personalities and quirks of the person along with the aggressiveness that they showed in the cage and how these aspects shaped them. This show helped people see MMA as an actual sport instead of savage "human ****fighting" and can be seen as the turning point for MMA and the UFC. Once again, although that final fight to finish the first season was absolutely groundbreaking and put MMA and the UFC on the map this was all a result of the reality TV show, The Ultimate Fighter.

now wait one minute... who revolutionized the early NHB rules to allow this wonderful sport to be broadcast? Oh that's right. It was Dana White[/quote']

And then, who created the Ultimate Fighter Show and picked the fighters (Griffen/Bonnar) to be on the show??? Um, Dana White maybe? Without Dana, Griffen/Bonnar fight wouldn't have happened....

Dana always says everyday he wakes up' date=' that in ten years this will be the biggest sport ever. Where do you see MMA in 10 years?[/quote']

There will be more weight classes. Expect more fighters from all over the world especially asians to participate. With lighter weight classes, I love to see Thai fighters in the mix.

Archived