Where do they get these fans?

rhys_ufc

I'm confused because most of us love MMA and appreciate wherever the fight ends up but i can't help but notice the fans who are actually at the event boo the hell out of the fight as soon as it hits the ground? maybe they are noobs like some guys on this forum, i'm not sure! I'm not meaning all the fans at the events but a hell of alot do boo.

thoughts?

trailer parks and retard gatherings.... most people who atch the UFC are not MMA fans... they just want so see blood and KOs.. they mostly lack repect for the work the fighters put in in order to fight

I totally agree, they have no appreciation for the technical side of MMA.

I hate it when they boo a fight...people need to understand that there are two fighters in there with jobs to do and always on the line..all the hard work to keep their bodies and mind in shape..maybe if some of the booers got in there and fought someone they wouldnt like the boos as much either..they are supposed to entertain yes but they cant do what everyone wants them to do..they are in there to win..decision. ko, tko it doesnt matter..this is Mixed Martials Arts...not k-1 or boxing...the beauty of this sport is to see all the fightin styles each fighter has...this isnt Elite XC..So lets appreciate MMA..Please..

No doubt, I for one, enjoyed the last fight night. Sure it's entertaining to see a KO, but I find it just as entertaining if not more so, when people almost get knocked out, regain composure, work their way back and get the win. Anybody who boo's these athletes do not appreciate all the work that goes into the training. The Diaz, Maynard fight, they didn't go out there throwing blind punches like mad, but I still enjoyed the fight. How many of these free fight nights do they show a year?? Ohhh and the Simpson Lawlor fight, sweeeett... Crazy wrestling skill. That's exactly what Im talking about.

If your referring to the booing after the Maynard/Diaz fight I was wondering the same thing. That fight was pretty much non stop. Guess noobville has taken over and nothing short of a KO will do.

Grey should have just kept fighting and stoped the taunting. If he had got the finish than he would be facing BJ and not Edgar (personally prefer Edgar anyway). Grey was great but he should have finished.

trailer parks and retard gatherings.... most people who atch the UFC are not MMA fans... they just want so see blood and KOs.. they mostly lack repect for the work the fighters put in in order to fight

Hey hey... I live in a trailer park but I prefer technical jiu jitsu more then stand up anyday. lol

It is annoying' date=' specially after the fight, when rogan is talkin to the winner, they boo, which pisses me off. No class.[/quote']

Yes I feel bad for the fighter and I wasn't at the event but if I was there after the simpson vs Lawlor I would be booing too. Not at the fighter but at the judges. I saw the fight as a draw.

most of the newer (undeducated) fans only

want to see knock-outs or bloody results.

to use a baseball analogy: think of a "knock-out" as a "home-run"

they want to see it everytime and dont have

the education or patience for the sport.

they want spectacular endings like in wwe, etc...

cross-over fans can be very annoying, immature,

impatient, and uneducated to say the least.

its a shame...

if ur talking about the last event that is in no way shape or form a red neck area i'd know because i lived less than a mile away for from GM

Finally a thread that speaks to my heart. I've been in the forums for a little while now defending almost every fight that most MMA "fans" have been booing and *****ing about. I've tried to explain that this is MMA and not boxing or pro wrestling but people are far to oblivious to understand this. Pesonally I thought the Randy v. Vera fight was pretty entertaining. I had a good time watching it. Same with the last Rashad fight. Also the Maynard v. Diaz fight was fairly entertaining although I did get a little bored/frustrated toward the end when Diaz was content to simply peck at him.

The fact of the matter is there are a TON of fans who have no knowledge of MMA and its various aspects. They expect slug fests, brawls and wild TKOs every fight. They might be crossover fans, or they might just watch UFC because it's popular and they're sheep like most Americans. They don't want to see skilled guys do work on the cage or work on the ground. Ever notice it's inevitably just called "holding" on to the other guy? It's because they have no real idea what's going on. When Royce Gracie was running through guys in the early years he was criticized for just "holding" guys too. It's amazing how little has changed in almost 20 years.

Finally a thread that speaks to my heart. I've been in the forums for a little while now defending almost every fight that most MMA "fans" have been booing and *****ing about. I've tried to explain that this is MMA and not boxing or pro wrestling but people are far to oblivious to understand this. Pesonally I thought the Randy v. Vera fight was pretty entertaining. I had a good time watching it. Same with the last Rashad fight. Also the Maynard v. Diaz fight was fairly entertaining although I did get a little bored/frustrated toward the end when Diaz was content to simply peck at him.

The fact of the matter is there are a TON of fans who have no knowledge of MMA and its various aspects. They expect slug fests' date=' brawls and wild TKOs every fight. They might be crossover fans, or they might just watch UFC because it's popular and they're sheep like most Americans. They don't want to see skilled guys do work on the cage or work on the ground. Ever notice it's inevitably just called "holding" on to the other guy? It's because they have no real idea what's going on. When Royce Gracie was running through guys in the early years he was criticized for just "holding" guys too. It's amazing how little has changed in almost 20 years.[/quote']

I guess your like me then, my fave base is wresting so i don't mind the takedown.People also hate GSP' fights but imo he's the one person i like to see fight, his style is awesome.

The average person just wants to see a knockout and that's about it. They have no respect for ground work, sub defense, scrambles, etc. It's the same as going to an NHRA National event. Unless someone wrecks most people aren't interested which is just retarded when you have cars accelerating faster than air planes taking off an air craft carrier!

Fans should never boo a fighter unless his name is koscheck.. But in all seriousness booing a fighter is just lame. Fans need to realize the work put in by these fighters. Booing the judges is one thing but both fighters should be applauded just for stepping in the cage. I personally would be scared S***less.

MMA fans, in general, are ridiculously uneducated when it comes to understanding the fundamentals of the sport. They don't appreciate or respect important aspects like ground fighting or skillful evasive techniques. They seem as if they would be content to want to see two goons stand in front of each other and swing until someone drops. I had hoped that as the sport grew in popularity the fans would become better educated and things would improve, but with the intoduction of fighters like Brock Lesnar and Kimbo Slice and the new fans they've attracted the situation has grown much worse. You can see countless examples of the ignorance of these people everyday on these forums. For example, instead of appreciating the skill and talent of a fighter like GSP he's criticized because he employs a strategy that doesn't result in big KOs. The sad thing is that the UFC has made it pretty obvious that they're going to do whatever they can to grow regardless of how it affects the integrity or quality of the sport.

its embarrassing...it really is. people who boo fights that go to the ground dont understand the technique' date=' and cant really see the chess match that goes on. that is why i think they boo.[/quote']

exactly right- hate to break this to people (Rogan especialy) but 95% of MMA fans DO NOT want to see a chess match- they want a wild out of control blood-bath!

the best fights in the history of MMA were exactly that.

i can although i dont agree with the booing, i can understand why. i think the least expensive ticket ive seen for a ufc even was $150 for nose bleed seats, with seats close to the cage going for well over $2000. if i spent that kind of money on a ticket id be PISSED if the fights were all super technical ground based chess matches. technically boring. not somthing id expect from whats supposed to be "the most exciting combat sport in the world"

Fans buy the tickets,buy PPV,buy merchandise, buy stuff from sponsors who pay for commercials durring events. if this sport breaks down to the point where every fight is a technical ground match, those fans will quit spending money, and will lead to the decline of this sport as quickly as they can find somthing more exciting to watch.

its all about money- fans get jaded, fans leave and take thier money with them.

Archived