Its official: BJ vs Edgar

vahJJ

Maynard has earned this first. But what does it matter, Frankie will lose anyway. Frankie is game though. I actually hope he wins. But Maynard has already dominated Frankie Edgar for the 3 rounds they fought the last fight.

The gap in talent between champion and challangers is huge' date=' another cakewalk victory for B.J.[/quote']

Yeah I know...

what the UFC should do and they obviously know, is the champions are made through experience. IMO Grey is the most qualified, but he still needs one more fight.

Maynard VS Edgar - winner gets BJ.

My gosh, this is gonna be a slaughter. Frankie is pretty much undersized, for one, and who the heck did he beat for a title shot? Didn't this dude just lose to Maynard last year?????? I suppose beating Sean Sherk, who is far from his prime now, makes him a title contender?

I honestly don't get this, and watch my prediction come true. I think BJ will basically dominate him in the standup, and Edgar will do as Diego Sanchez, and Kenny Florian did, and try to push BJ into the cage, in hopes of getting him exhausted.

Edgar belongs at 145, and this fight will just prove it even more. He's facing a larger opponent, who is stronger, more experienced, faster, and who has a great chin. I'm not even gonna go to the sports bar to watch this massacre.

I think Gray has a better chance at beating BJ than Edgar does, but I understand why Edgar was chosen over Maynard and it doesn't shock me. He put on a bad perfromance last night that was not up to par with his skills. Maynard's boxing was horrible last night. He got too predictable with the looping right and to be honest, it pissed me off watching him do it continually. Also, Edgar's wins have been more flashy as of late.

Both their chances of conquering BJ are real miniscule however.

I think Gray has a better chance at beating BJ than Edgar does' date=' but I understand why Edgar was chosen over Maynard and it doesn't shock me. He put on a bad perfromance last night that was not up to par with his skills. Maynard's boxing was horrible last night. He got too predictable with the looping right and to be honest, it pissed me off watching him do it continually. Also, Edgar's wins have been more flashy as of late.

Both their chances of conquering BJ are real miniscule however.[/quote']

I agree with you especially since Gray already beat Edgar. I think the main reason Gray did not look great against Diaz is he had trouble with his Diaz's reach.

bj ,gsp ,anderson, these guys need a challange they cleaned out there weight classes

make them all move up 1 class i think bj would be the welterweight champ i would still like to see him fight guys like john fitch thiago alves. If gsp was fighting at middle weight gsp would really have some good fights at middle weight nate marquart, rich franklin, w silva, would like to see him fight those guys. anderson silva at 205 would like to see him fight rampage,shogun,john jones. Not that this would ever happen i know anderson has taken a few fights at 205 but man it would be fun to watch

IMO Gray deserves the title shot first' date=' but tbh whoever is No1 contender, they aint gonna beat BJ.

BJ should defend the title 3 more times.... Edgar, Gray then Ken Flow. then move up to welterweight.[/quote']

I think that the only person that could threaten BJ is Matt Serra, and unfortunately they keep sticking him in welterweight bouts. He almost knocked out BJ in their first fight. He has as good of striking as BJ, and just as sound of ground game. That would be the only person to challenge BJ at 155.

Archived