mike58

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you are interested in this' date=' also check this out

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34823460/ns/technology_and_science-science/

evolution in action.[/quote']

Beautiful post. Thanks for the link.

There's this tool on here named Fast who claims evolution isn't science, and is entirely false. Yeah I know......I dont think I have to explain his "belief" structure....

There's this tool on here named Fast who claims evolution isn't science' date=' and is entirely false. Yeah I know......I dont think I have to explain his "belief" structure....[/quote']

LMAO! No disrespect to anyone's beliefs, but evolution is fact plain and simple. Even the brighter creationists and religious freaks accept the fact of evolution, even though they believe it was "God's" plan for humans. Evolution is why we are here, and why every thing on Earth continues to change.

I do not wish to disrespect anyone or their beliefs, but I cannot help but laugh at the disbelief in evolution when it is so obviously here.

And kudos to you Exo for finding this stuff interesting.

LMAO! No disrespect to anyone's beliefs' date=' but evolution is fact plain and simple. Even the brighter creationists and religious freaks accept the fact of evolution, even though they believe it was "God's" plan for humans. Evolution is why we are here, and why every thing on Earth continues to change.

I do not wish to disrespect anyone or their beliefs, but I cannot help but laugh at the disbelief in evolution when it is so obviously here.

And kudos to you Exo for finding this stuff interesting.[/quote']

Man, I'm a freak for learning. I constantly read on science, physics, history, philosophy, nature, etc. I have some addiction to learning I think. Oddly enough, I've never applied my abilities properly, but I'm content with my place in life. The only truth of this existence, is to learn, and progress (wherever that may in fact go). I'm all for it.

If you are interested in this' date=' also check this out

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34823460/ns/technology_and_science-science/

evolution in action.[/quote']

Yeah, I posted a study done by Cal Berkeley that composed of Trinidad Guppies rapidly changing their color patterns and tints based solely on how many predators are in the area they inhabit, but apparently rapid environmental pressured adaptations aren't sure signs of evolution at work. :rolleyes:

Yeah' date=' I posted a study done by Cal Berkeley that composed of Trinidad Guppies rapidly changing their color patterns and tints based solely on how many predators are in the area they inhabit, but apparently rapid environmental pressured adaptations aren't sure signs of evolution at work. :rolleyes:[/quote']

The simple fact that a banana sits so perfectly in the palm of a man's hands, is clear indication of the Lord. Get real Kev.

Ahh the wise teachings of Mr. Ray Comfort. Forgive me Ex' date=' I have spoken out of turn. :P[/quote']

LOL. Seriously man, I know it's immature and all, but I want to fight Comfort and Cameron. At the same time. I don't think I've ever in my entire life, seen two more retarded individuals. I mean full on retarded. They make Sean Penn in I Am Sam look like a f*cking genius.

LOL. Seriously man' date=' I know it's immature and all, but I want to fight Comfort and Cameron. At the same time. I don't think I've ever in my entire life, seen two more retarded individuals. I mean full on retarded. They make Sean Penn in I Am Sam look like a f*cking genius.[/quote']

Can't say I've ever seen a single one of either of their videos and not wanted to smash my own monitor just to get it to stop. No one ever said you have to be smart to be famous. I equate Kirk Cameron to all the other nutjob child stars of the 80's, except he went overboard on stupidity and Christianity instead of drugs and booze.

Can't say I've ever seen a single one of either of their videos and not wanted to smash my own monitor just to get it to stop. No one ever said you have to be smart to be famous. I equate Kirk Cameron to all the other nutjob child stars of the 80's' date=' except he went overboard on stupidity and Christianity instead of drugs and booze.[/quote']

That's quite possibly the funniest, and completely accurate assessment of Cameron I've ever heard.

An intelligent believer would state that Evolution is the work of God.

It's what I would say if I was a Dogmatic believer. Gravity? WORK OF JESUS!

Well I would equate my mother and father to being intelligent believers and they're thoroughly convinced that evolution is like a row of standing dominos, God just tipped the first one and the rest takes care of itself. This is a religious view of evolution that I can respect.

Precisely. Fast however' date=' never accepted this reality. He also wasn't aware that on the ID website, they accept evolution, but oppose the natural selection. We could never get past his basic denial of fundamental science.......[/quote']

Well intelligent people like my parents are practicing Catholics, not piecemeal worshippers who connect the most with protestant type Christianity that was selectively pieced together from his own interpretations. The dude doesn't even go to church, yet claims to be a devout believer... That doesn't add up.

Man' date=' I'm a freak for learning. I constantly read on science, physics, history, philosophy, nature, etc. I have some addiction to learning I think. Oddly enough, I've never applied my abilities properly, but I'm content with my place in life. The only truth of this existence, is to learn, and progress (wherever that may in fact go). I'm all for it.[/quote']

Yeah' date=' I posted a study done by Cal Berkeley that composed of Trinidad Guppies rapidly changing their color patterns and tints based solely on how many predators are in the area they inhabit, but apparently rapid environmental pressured adaptations aren't sure signs of evolution at work. :rolleyes:[/quote']

you guys might also like this, this was one thing that helped me get through my analysis essay recently.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2006/07/060714-evolution_2.html

An intelligent believer would state that Evolution is the work of God.

It's what I would say if I was a Dogmatic believer. Gravity? WORK OF JESUS!

And I personally am not a believer in the divine faiths and religions, I dont really have any religion, but I try to be respectful of others and their beliefs. With that said however, I thoroughly believe that everyone should understand evolution regardless of any creationist theories or religions.

Damn this is really cool! Of course, I was aware of photosynthesis in bacteria but this was news to me!

Horizontal gene transfer - just one more mechanism of genetic change which drives evolution & ultimately leads to speciation. Never heard of HGT in multi-celled organisms until now. This is why I love biology & have devoted my life/career to it. Always somthing new & exciting right around the corner. :)

Not to beat a dead horse but I would love to hear Fast's response to this development. Of course, even when this species of sea slug manages to incorporate the genes necessary to make it's own chloroplasts into it's genome, he will still deny that evolutionary biology is legitimate science. Lol...

Also, the story about the different colored lizards in New Mexico already showing preferential mating habits after only a few thousand years should make him stop & think. If Fast lives to be 1500 or so maybe he will finally get his wish of seeing speciation happen right before his eyes!

C'mon Fast, chime in bro! :D

Looks like toxic polution is creating side effects in nature...evolution based on human ignorance 3 headed frogz and 2 headed snakes the norm anymore.Cant wait for the discovery of SWAMP thing in a neighborhood near you.

3 headed frogs and 2 headed snakes aren't created by polutions effects...:rolleyes:

I think its cool Gods plan at work..adjust and adapt.

Looks like toxic polution is creating side effects in nature...evolution based on human ignorance 3 headed frogz and 2 headed snakes the norm anymore.Cant wait for the discovery of SWAMP thing in a neighborhood near you.

Yeah because everyone knows how polluted the Atlantic near New England and Canada is... :rolleyes: This has got to be the single handed, most uninformed post I've seen in awhile.

There's this tool on here named Fast who claims evolution isn't science' date=' and is entirely false. Yeah I know......I dont think I have to explain his "belief" structure....[/quote']

LMAO! No disrespect to anyone's beliefs' date=' but evolution is fact plain and simple. Even the brighter creationists and religious freaks accept the fact of evolution, even though they believe it was "God's" plan for humans. Evolution is why we are here, and why every thing on Earth continues to change.

And kudos to you Exo for finding this stuff interesting.[/quote']

Hey mpeach, check this out. Might as well put on a pot of coffee & get comfortable - you have a fair amount of reading to do. You might also want to move any breakable objects out of arm's reach while you're reading this. Just a suggestion. :)

The original:

http://forums.ufc.production.sparkart.net/showthread.php?t=9661&highlight=evolution+thread

The next one:

http://forums.ufc.production.sparkart.net/showthread.php?t=14732&highlight=evolution+thread

Finally:

http://forums.ufc.production.sparkart.net/showthread.php?t=17005&highlight=evolution+thread

I think there is one more that was started before the 1st one but I did not see it in my search. Another suggestion - put on a helmet if you have one because you will inevitably start smashing your head into the wall at some point. banghead.gif

Hey mpeach' date=' check this out. Might as well put on a pot of coffee & get comfortable - you have a fair amount of reading to do. You might also want to move any breakable objects out of arm's reach while you're reading this. Just a suggestion. :)

The original:

http://forums.ufc.production.sparkart.net/showthread.php?t=9661&highlight=evolution+thread

The next one:

http://forums.ufc.production.sparkart.net/showthread.php?t=14732&highlight=evolution+thread

Finally:

http://forums.ufc.production.sparkart.net/showthread.php?t=17005&highlight=evolution+thread

I think there is one more that was started before the 1st one but I did not see it in my search. Another suggestion - put on a helmet if you have one because you will inevitably start smashing your head into the wall at some point. [img']http://www.3dgamenight.com/forum/images/smilies/banghead.gif[/img]

Yes, Fast has provided us with many facepalm moments over the past few months, this much is true.

His most facepalmish material is trying to call Intelligent Design "true" science, you know with all the evidence that we have, and the Theory of Evolution as "psuedo"science.

That just makes me want to ask the government for a pardon to erradicate his bloodline. Seriously.

Yes' date=' Fast has provided us with many facepalm moments over the past few months, this much is true.

His most facepalmish material is trying to call Intelligent Design "true" science, you know with all the evidence that we have, and the Theory of Evolution as "psuedo"science.

That just makes me want to ask the government for a pardon to erradicate his bloodline. Seriously.[/quote']

th1192423358365.gif

Same conversation is 3 different threads...........how have you guys not gotten tired of this yet?

Some just cannot let it go. Do you also notice I am doing well to steer clear? Their baiting and flaming is so obvious a blind man on a fast horse could see it. lol

They are trollin

old+man+funny+face.jpg

Some just cannot let it go. Do you also notice I am doing well to steer clear? Their baiting and flaming is so obvious a blind man on a fast horse could see it. lol

They are trollin

old+man+funny+face.jpg

I actully stay out of this section these days. I drop in once in a while but its still to full of this crap to post in anymore

Archived