gsp vs a.silva

theo2010

I think GSP is doing the smart thing by not fighting him. He's building a legacy by staying in his division. I don't think he'd fare well against Anderson, as Anderson is ALOT larger then he is. GSP has stated that he usually walks around at 185lbs. That's a good sized guy for a 5'10" frame, but Anderson has been known to weigh 225lbs. walking around, and he ain't 6'1", as he is proclaiming (He's easily over 6'2"). While I do believe that GSP would take him down, Anderson would only have to learn the timing of GSP's takedowns once.

Someone that could take A. Silva won't ever get the chance, and I honestly, wholeheartedly believe that it is Jon Bones Jones that would decimate Silva. Sadly Silva will retire before Jones will ever get the chance to fight him (Silva has stated he plans on retiring after this year, and seeing the boring fight cards UFC is putting together, fat chance on ever seeing that fight take place).

Oh, and I hate hearing all the excuses of BJ's camp for losing to GSP. Get over it, you got your **** handed to you. You got beat not once but twice. Complaining about vaseline, what about the eye poke done by BJ in his first fight against GSP?????!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't hear GSP whining. I do believe that BJ is the best 155lbs. in the world, but c'mon man. I hope that if he fights GSP again, that GSP doesn't listen to the referee when BJ tries to throw in the towel, and finally knocks him out cold, Dan Henderson style, like the fight with Bisping, so that we don't have to hear anymore whining.

Ive had my fingers crossed for this fight for a long time. My wishful thinking is that this fight will be Silvas last in his MMA career. His contract is coming to an end soon (I think 3 more fights) and a fight against GSP would determine who is the best P4P fighter.

I really want to see this fight. Silva's weakness is his sub par take down defense. I think if Travis Lutter can take Silva down GSP could do so even easier. Silva has never fought anyone with the speed and athleticism that GSP possesses. But than again GSP has never fought a striker of Silva's Caliber. It really depends where this fight ends up. On the ground GSP will devour and wear Silva down. Standing GSP goes night, night. It's all about who controls the fight. GSP's biggest advantage is that he is much better at dictating where a fight goes than SIlva is. We've seen in Silva's last 2 defenses that if the fighter doesn't come into him like a wild man then Silva is less affective. GSP on the other hand can take anyone down and use GnP or submissions to win a fight. GSP's striking is excellent and though not nearly as good as Silva's probably still better than anyone else's that Silva has fought. GSP is much faster in all aspects of the game than anyone Silva has fought. I give Silva the edge in this fight due to his size but if GSP can take Silva down and keep top control Silva would lose. Being Canadian I'd be cheering for GSP but in my heart I would expect Silva to win.

for god sake dana make this fight. We are all back seat drivers on who could do this and who will do that, he fought that guy and he got hit by this guy. SILVA vs GSP lets go. FOR GODS SAKE. oh yeah gsp would own him, silva is a tactical STRIKER, gsp is a SMART FIGHTER.

Jon Jones would also get schooled by Anderson...

Couldn't agree more. He's decent for a young guy, but I always question guys who blow through their competition but have never faced a top contender. In all fighting sports there is a giant leap of competition from the middle barrel guys to the tops of the divisions.

Archived