Anyone else notice a pattern with Nate Diaz?

Denominator

In everyone of his fights, he says that he wants to bang. Yet, IN EVERY SINGLE FIGHT he goes for takedowns, and doesn't want any part of the standup war. I mean, look at his fight with Melvin Guillard. He was all stating that he was happy, as he didn't feel that he had to chase Melvin, and yet, the entire round, all Nate did was try to take him down, until he did and made Melvin tap.

Why is this guy considered a good standup technician?????? I'm soo very lost. I mean, he slap boxes (I call it ***** slap, or pimp hand if you would), but these really aren't power strikes. Slapping someone in the face isn't going to knock them out, unless they have a weak chin.

I guess i'm just peeved cause the guy talks alot of smack, and yet always goes for a ground war, instead of standing and banging, as he states that he is going to do.

In everyone of his fights' date=' he says that he wants to bang. Yet, I[b']N EVERY SINGLE FIGHT[/b] he goes for takedowns, and doesn't want any part of the standup war. I mean, look at his fight with Melvin Guillard. He was all stating that he was happy, as he didn't feel that he had to chase Melvin, and yet, the entire round, all Nate did was try to take him down, until he did and made Melvin tap.

Why is this guy considered a good standup technician?????? I'm soo very lost. I mean, he slap boxes (I call it ***** slap, or pimp hand if you would), but these really aren't power strikes. Slapping someone in the face isn't going to knock them out, unless they have a weak chin.

I guess i'm just peeved cause the guy talks alot of smack, and yet always goes for a ground war, instead of standing and banging, as he states that he is going to do.

Him and his brother both apply this method of striking and do so very well, just because they aren't out there throwing haymakers trying to tear the other guy's head off doesn't mean it doesn't work, it's like machida and silva,

Machida counters with his karate and does so very technically reaching out and catching them on the right spot when they least expect and moving away

Anderson Silva is a very fluid fighter that uses head movement and footwork to confuse his opponent and to set up for counters

Nick and Nate diaz are the boxing version of these guys, they go out there and instead of being elusive and using alot of head movement they pick their opponent apart with solid shots head games and good follow through

thats why i like Frank Mir. The guy is usually makes good on his promises. Diaz and Maynard looked horrible. If these are the guys who are in line to fight BJ' date=' he is gonna have that belt for a loooong time to come.[/quote']

I thought Maynard looked pretty good, considering the reach disadvantage he was up against.

Him and his brother both apply this method of striking and do so very well' date=' just because they aren't out there throwing haymakers trying to tear the other guy's head off doesn't mean it doesn't work, it's like machida and silva,

Machida counters with his karate and does so very technically reaching out and catching them on the right spot when they least expect and moving away

Anderson Silva is a very fluid fighter that uses head movement and footwork to confuse his opponent and to set up for counters

Nick and Nate diaz are the boxing version of these guys, they go out there and instead of being elusive and using alot of head movement they pick their opponent apart with solid shots head games and good follow through[/quote']

Nick and Nate are both tools. They are horrible for the sport as they make the sport look bad. Nick does actually have good stand up. Nate's stand up is so over rated it isn't funny. The more Nate loses the sooner we can get him out of the UFC.

In everyone of his fights' date=' he says that he wants to bang. Yet, I[b']N EVERY SINGLE FIGHT[/b] he goes for takedowns, and doesn't want any part of the standup war. I mean, look at his fight with Melvin Guillard. He was all stating that he was happy, as he didn't feel that he had to chase Melvin, and yet, the entire round, all Nate did was try to take him down, until he did and made Melvin tap.

Actually, while he scored a few takedowns in the first round, it was actually Guillard who landed the takedown that wound up leading to the fight ending choke. He (badly) faked being hurt, shot for a takedown, left his neck wide open and got strangled.

its the same crap .. fighters talk how they are gonna ko each other .. nobody really says man when im gonna get in the cage im gonna throw him in an ankle lock

Demian Maia is the first to spring to mind' date=' but there are others I just can't think of at the moment, who say "I'm going in there, I'm going to take him down and submit him". And in Maia's case, it quite often happens that way. Guess we can eliminate the "nobody" part of that...

Him and his brother both apply this method of striking and do so very well, just because they aren't out there throwing haymakers trying to tear the other guy's head off doesn't mean it doesn't work, it's like machida and silva,

Nick and Nate diaz are the boxing version of these guys, they go out there and instead of being elusive and using alot of head movement they pick their opponent apart with solid shots head games and good follow through

To the above text in bold... First off, while I don't particularly like or hate either of the Diaz brothers, they are NOT strikers anywhere near the caliber of the other above mentioned fighters. I think trying to make a comparison between either of them with these two guys (Silva, Machida) is pretty flawed in both logic and reason. They are decent strikers, with fair head movement and big mouths.

As another poster above stated, Nate is on the same streak his brother was, finishing the lower end of the weight class off, and being decisioned by anyone a bit better then they are

why havent they let go of nate yet?

I agree that both diaz' are tools!

Hes a TUF winner. And a few of his losses have been SD's. so it's not like hes going out and being dominated. In fact all of his losses have been decisions and two of the three were SD's to wrestlers. Hes still pretty exciting, great off his back and pulls off some crazy submissions. Also, there is always going to be a group of fans who enjoy guys like him with big mouths, egos, and attitudes.

I suppose the "fightmetric" number crunchers only pay attention to the big names, but in the Maynard fight he was given rounds 2 and 3 on the fightmetrics report. So again, hes not being dominated.

Report is that he doesn't enjoy the large weight cut he makes to 155 (hell of a tall guy) and is considering a move up to WW. How he'd fare there is anyone's guess. At least in a division full of excellent wrestlers he'd know hes bound to wind up on his back, where he seems to fight best.

Him and his brother both apply this method of striking and do so very well' date=' just because they aren't out there throwing haymakers trying to tear the other guy's head off doesn't mean it doesn't work, it's like machida and silva,

Nick and Nate diaz are the boxing version of these guys, they go out there and instead of being elusive and using alot of head movement they pick their opponent apart with solid shots head games and good follow through[/quote']

No...you can't compare the Diaz brothers Sad Boxing game to the striking level of Silva sorry.

why havent they let go of nate yet?

I agree that both diaz' are tools!

how is nick diaz a tool i seem to remember him dropping robbie lawler who was at his prime in ufc at the time and fighting sanchez in an insane war which diaz lost but it was a great fight. not to mention he has won the last 5 of his fights????????????? what are you talking about???????????

Nate's weak pawing/slap boxing is so boring to watch. He certainly doesn't have the power to KO anyone with a decent chin. I'm so sick of hearing how great his boxing it. It's flat out sloppy.

Not knocking his ground game. It's great. But most of his submissions seem to come after someone pops him and jumps on top of him. There's a reason he's good off his back... he gets plenty of practice. :-)

Nick's boxing is just as ugly, but at least he has some power.

Archived