Is boxing falling apart?

SkInFlUte

When the Pacman vs. Mayweather fight fell apart, it marked the end for boxing and it's ability to continue being a contender in the PPV department.

I felt like that fight would've been the fight to spark big interest back into the sport, since that fight is now off, nobody cares to talk about anything else in boxing. Except for how much of a female Mayweather is.

If Gina Carano was man enough to fight Cyborg, there's no excuse for Mayweather not to take this fight. He has atleast 40 million reasons why he should. It's not like Pacman is packing on 30 lbs of muscle for his fight with Mayweather, just used it as an excuse not to take the fight. It was a shame because for me, that fight rivaled the Brock vs. Fedor superfight.

Or Mayweather could just be buying more time you never know, I was surprised when they announced they'd fight in march, I thought for sure it'd be closer to summer time.

boxing is a great sport but its been going in the wrong direction for at least the past 20 years and its really in the last 5 - 10 that its just gotten so obviously corrupt. it has come at an unfortunate time as mma has really been on the rise since about 2001 replacing boxing and taking its old fans. if you talk to most who were born from 1990 and onward they dont watch boxing, they watch mma

When the Pacman vs. Mayweather fight fell apart' date=' it marked the end for boxing and it's ability to continue being a contender in the PPV department.

I felt like that fight would've been the fight to spark big interest back into the sport, since that fight is now off, nobody cares to talk about anything else in boxing. Except for how much of a female Mayweather is.

If Gina Carano was man enough to fight Cyborg, there's no excuse for Mayweather not to take this fight. He has atleast 40 million reasons why he should. It's not like Pacman is packing on 30 lbs of muscle for his fight with Mayweather, just used it as an excuse not to take the fight. It was a shame because for me, that fight rivaled the Brock vs. Fedor superfight.

Or Mayweather could just be buying more time you never know, I was surprised when they announced they'd fight in march, I thought for sure it'd be closer to summer time.[/quote']

The thing is, if Pacquiao was clean, he'd have no problem with taking these tests. Why would he not takes the blood tests if he wasn't juicing? Mayweather asked for something that isn't out of this world and Pacquiao refused. Now in my mind(and again that's my opinion), either the fight is off for a reason we don't know or Pacquiao is juicing and when Mayweather's camp asked for blood tests they called it off.

I suspect all the kiddies will love the contender and start watching boxing.....oh wait TUF is 50x better so scratch that.

At least with the contender the fighters wanna fight..Tuf 10 sucked so has most after 5. Anyway no boxing is not falling apart just seems that way to the casual fan it'll still be round long after MMA platues. BTW i said it before and ima say it again UFC/SF needs jus one fatality on nation Tv and it'll stop any progress of those respective buissness.

At least with the contender the fighters wanna fight..Tuf 10 sucked so has most after 5. Anyway no boxing is not falling apart just seems that way to the casual fan it'll still be round long after MMA platues. BTW i said it before and ima say it again UFC/SF needs jus one fatality on nation Tv and it'll stop any progress of those respective buissness.

Have you even watched contender? It is a joke, you don't even see a fight, they show more footage of some stupid minigame they play more than their training and fights. About the death umm...no it won't of course you can die in MMA, you could die right now if you were to get up from your computer chair and trip over and crack your head on the computer monitor. Deaths are in every sport and every thing in life.

Have you even watched contender? It is a joke' date=' you don't even see a fight, they show more footage of some stupid minigame they play more than their training and fights. About the death umm...no it won't of course you can die in MMA, you could die right now if you were to get up from your computer chair and trip over and crack your head on the computer monitor. Deaths are in every sport and every thing in life.[/quote']

If somone died on Nation Tv with UFC and SF being relativly new to the National spot light it should deal a devestating shot. I'm sorry with people already skeptical of the sport they would jus need a reason. im not talking bout dieing in general.

If somone died on Nation Tv with UFC and SF being relativly new to the National spot light it should deal a devestating shot. I'm sorry with people already skeptical of the sport they would jus need a reason. im not talking bout dieing in general.

If UFC/SF fades out then Dream will become Pride 2, I have no problem with that.

Archived