When PRIDE Fighters Careers are Over. They Should Have Asterisks Next to their Names.

ArcaneKnight

When it's all said and done, ALL PRIDE fighters should have asterisks put next to their names. Their career wins and records are tainted. I don't trust any of them. The dilemma spanned 10 years. 1997 sparked the start of the steroid era in MMA and it didn't end until 2007. All PRIDE fighters fought in the steroid era. Because Pride WAS the steroid era. Their records should be tainted and essentially erased from the record books.

Now I'm not going to start naming off names, but the performance enhancing drug epidemic ran rampant back in the days of Pride. It was a widespread problem, just like in the MLB. They are now considering everyone who played baseball in the 90's and up into the new millenium, all suspects of using PED's, and void from the HOF for playing in the steroid era, regardless if they used PED's or not.

I'm going to assume their training facilities were littered with PED's when the fighter's of those camps were training for upcoming fights and Grand Prix tournaments. I wouldn't be surprised if the big camps back then were injecting eachother backstage during events, and just before fights. There's a reason why most of those fighters didn't seem to gas back then, they had amazing cardio, even with the 10 minute first rounds. Having 2 fighters entering the ring jacked up on steroids, it's no wonder why Pride had some of the most exciting fights.. It's not that Pride had the better fighters, or the best fighters, they just housed unnatural, genetically enhanced fighters. Scientists developed these fighters in labs and experimented on them like they were mice, then threw them into a ring to fight for a piece of cheese. These mofos turned into hulked out rats, where they were delivering beatings that normal mice from other organizations, would've died from.

Now of course these fighters had skill, and PED's alone won't make you a great fighter. This is about taking a great fighter, and suping them up. Basically video gaming them out, taking their base background, the other martial arts they excel in, and maxing them out to their full potential.

Fans have been decieved, they weren't just watching any normal fight, they were watching performance enhancing fights which amounted to performance enhanced events. PEE's if you will.. Just remember, that you fans are guilty of watching performance enhancing fights. You're lucky I'm not a mod or I'd put an asterisk next a lot of your alls user names.

This was CroCop just before he joined Pride.

CroCop.jpg

mirkocrocop.jpg

That right there my friends, is called roid rage. Now I'm not saying Cro Cop abused steroids. I'm saying there's a good possibility that he abused fighters with the help of steroids. In Pride, he left fighters beaten, battered, and bruised. In the UFC? Not so much. Again, not saying he used PED's 100%, but since he fought in the steroid era, he just like every other Pride fighter, is a suspect, and they should automatically have an asterisk placed next to their legacy, regardless if some other fighters used them or not. When you talk about these fighter's records, and comparing them to champions of today, and of the future, you can not include their Pride record, into the discussion of their overall record.

Fedor's MMA record is a mere 18-1, a very generous 18-1. Lyoto Machida is quickly catching him, and at the pace Fedor fights, Lyoto Machida will soon surpass him as the greatest MMA fighter to ever live. I can assure you, a legitimate UFC champion will go down as the greatest MMA fighter to ever live. There's a reason why soon after the Pride collapse, it's fighters were somehow "no longer in their prime." No, you mean no longer on PED's.

*DISCLAIMER* The statute of limitations on discussing the use of steroids back in Pride has expired and it protects me from being banned. Forums no longer ban members for accusations made of an organization that has been pronounced dead for more than 2 years. All fighters in the UFC are clean until testing proves otherwise. I would never question the authenticity of the UFC, or accuse any it's fighters, thanks in large part to Athletic Commissions.. *DISCLAIMER* I am not accusing former Pride fighters who are now UFC fighters, because the Pride fighter and the UFC fighter, are 2 different fighters. I am not accusing the same person, I am accusing the Pride fighter. I have nothing against that UFC fighter.

*DISCLAIMER* The statute of limitations on discussing the use of steroids back in Pride has expired and it protects me from being banned. Forums no longer ban members for accusations made of an organization that has been pronounced dead for more than 2 years. All fighters in the UFC are clean until testing proves otherwise. I would never question the authenticity of the UFC' date=' or accuse any it's fighters, thanks in large part to Athletic Commissions..

[b']*DISCLAIMER*[/b] I am not accusing former Pride fighters who are now UFC fighters, because the Pride fighter and the UFC fighter, are 2 different fighters. I am not accusing the same person, I am accusing the Pride fighter. I have nothing against that UFC fighter.

!! bwahahaha !!

:P

I was reading this and went "God damit AK could get banned even if it's just another troll post made for fun." Then I read the disclaimers. Pure genius, AK finds a way to get around the system!

But back on topic, Brock should also have an asterisk next to his record, since he is technically a Pride fighter. I am not saying he takes/took steroids, but he was a Pride fighter technically, so he should also have an asterisk.

When it's all said and done' date=' ALL PRIDE fighters should have asterisks put next to their names. Their career wins and records are tainted. I don't trust any of them. The dilemma spanned 10 years. 1997 sparked the start of the steroid era in MMA and it didn't end until 2007. All PRIDE fighters fought in the steroid era. Because Pride WAS the steroid era. Their records should be tainted and essentially erased from the record books.

Now I'm not going to start naming off names, but the performance enhancing drug epidemic ran rampant back in the days of Pride. It was a widespread problem, just like in the MLB. They are now considering everyone who played baseball in the 90's and up into the new millenium, all suspects of using PED's, and void from the HOF for playing in the steroid era, regardless if they used PED's or not.

I'm going to assume their training facilities were littered with PED's when the fighter's of those camps were training for upcoming fights and Grand Prix tournaments. I wouldn't be surprised if the big camps back then were injecting eachother backstage during events, and just before fights. There's a reason why most of those fighters didn't seem to gas back then, they had amazing cardio, even with the 10 minute first rounds. Having 2 fighters entering the ring jacked up on steroids, it's no wonder why Pride had some of the most exciting fights.. It's not that Pride had the better fighters, or the best fighters, they just housed unnatural, genetically enhanced fighters. Scientists developed these fighters in labs and experimented on them like they were mice, then threw them into a ring to fight for a piece of cheese. These mofos turned into hulked out rats, where they were delivering beatings that normal mice from other organizations, would've died from.

Now of course these fighters had skill, and PED's alone won't make you a great fighter. This is about taking a great fighter, and suping them up. Basically video gaming them out, taking their base background, the other martial arts they excel in, and maxing them out to their full potential.

Fans have been decieved, they weren't just watching any normal fight, they were watching performance enhancing fights which amounted to performance enhanced events. PEE's if you will.. Just remember, that you fans are guilty of watching performance enhancing fights. You're lucky I'm not a mod or I'd put an asterisk next a lot of your alls user names.

[img']http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb101/jonescru/mma_kids/CroCop.jpg[/img]

mirkocrocop.jpg

That right there my friends, is called roid rage. Now I'm not saying Cro Cop abused steroids. I'm saying there's a good possibility that he abused fighters with the help of steroids. In Pride, he left fighters beaten, battered, and bruised. In the UFC? Not so much. Again, not saying he used PED's 100%, but since he fought in the steroid era, he just like every other Pride fighter, is a suspect, and they should automatically have an asterisk placed next to their legacy, regardless if some other fighters used them or not. When you talk about these fighter's records, and comparing them to champions of today, and of the future, you can not include their Pride record, into the discussion of their overall record.

Fedor's MMA record is a mere 18-1, a very generous 18-1. Lyoto Machida is quickly catching him, and at the pace Fedor fights, Lyoto Machida will soon surpass him as the greatest MMA fighter to ever live. I can assure you, a legitimate UFC champion will go down as the greatest MMA fighter to ever live. There's a reason why soon after the Pride collapse, it's fighters were somehow "no longer in their prime." No, you mean no longer on PED's.

*DISCLAIMER* The statute of limitations on discussing the use of steroids back in Pride has expired and it protects me from being banned. Forums no longer ban members for accusations made of an organization that has been pronounced dead for more than 2 years. All fighters in the UFC are clean until testing proves otherwise. I would never question the authenticity of the UFC, or accuse any it's fighters, thanks in large part to Athletic Commissions.. *DISCLAIMER* I am not accusing former Pride fighters who are now UFC fighters, because the Pride fighter and the UFC fighter, are 2 different fighters. I am not accusing the same person, I am accusing the Pride fighter. I have nothing against that UFC fighter.

HAHA i love these threads!!!

Are you aware that Anderson Silva came from PRIDE

"*DISCLAIMER* I am not accusing former Pride fighters who are now UFC fighters, because the Pride fighter and the UFC fighter, are 2 different fighters. I am not accusing the same person, I am accusing the Pride fighter. I have nothing against that UFC fighter. " - ak

But if do you assume that they were juicing at PRIDE' date=' wouldn't [b']both[/b] fighters in any given fight have been likely doing it - hence no net advantage for either?

Guess you forgot about that.

So if a pitcher is facing a batter, and they're both on steroids, the pitcher's strikeout or the batter's homerun counted, simply because they were both on steroids?

As far as for the record books and being legitimate. And fair to the other players who made it into the Hall of Fame without those advantages.

I'm going to assume their training facilities were littered with PED's when the fighter's of those camps

Your one hundred percent right i always thought child sex offenders built pride camps

yes i know its an acronym but this was my initial thought

and i did chuckle

There is actually a good point in there somewhere - apart from one thing. Steroid use does sweet FA to help your cardio - WWE is a great example of this (bear with me, it's about cardio NOT fighting skills)...

The guys who are clearly naturally built (Jericho, Punk) can wrestle long matches without gassing, and furthermore, spend less time injured. The 'roid monsters gas about five minutes into a 'fake fight' and end up spending 4-8 months a year off with muscle tears and ligament injuries.

Which leads me to suppose that the likes of Wanderlei, Rampage and Shogun probably DIDN'T take steroids, as that 10 minute opening round in Pride probably would have killed a serious 'roid head.

and another thing, the original photo of Cro Cop is clearly a teenager, complete with acne and the illdefined muscles that come with youth. The second picture is much more recent, showing Cro Cop's lean 'man muscle' - NO proff of steroids at all.

Of course, I just made a cogent response to an AK thread - note to self - DON'T FEED TROLLS...dammit...

There is actually a good point in there somewhere - apart from one thing. Steroid use does sweet FA to help your cardio - WWE is a great example of this (bear with me' date=' it's about cardio NOT fighting skills)...

The guys who are clearly naturally built (Jericho, Punk) can wrestle long matches without gassing, and furthermore, spend less time injured. The 'roid monsters gas about five minutes into a 'fake fight' and end up spending 4-8 months a year off with muscle tears and ligament injuries.

Which leads me to suppose that the likes of Wanderlei, Rampage and Shogun probably DIDN'T take steroids, as that 10 minute opening round in Pride probably would have killed a serious 'roid head.

and another thing, the original photo of Cro Cop is clearly a teenager, complete with acne and the illdefined muscles that come with youth. The second picture is much more recent, showing Cro Cop's lean 'man muscle' - NO proff of steroids at all.

Of course, I just made a cogent response to an AK thread - note to self - DON'T FEED TROLLS...dammit...[/quote']

Steroids allow you to intensify your workouts, it makes you lift harder and longer than you ever could naturally. Where before you could maybe only do 3 sets of 5 reps, to the point where if you tried to attempt another set, you might not be able to lift it off the bar. It just gets to the point your muscles need to recover and need time to heal. Steroids potentially allow you to maybe get in those extra 2 sets.

A few of my friends have done it, and they told me they can stay at the gym for twice as long as they could without it. They said they don't even feel like they get tired, and that they were always in a bad mood while on it.. One of my friends was on a cycle for a month or 2, and he just got in some frame of mind that at parties, he'd be looking for fights. Standing around drinking a beer, and saying "I wish somebody here would say something stupid." So I can see why Pride fighters were always game to fight. CroCop hasn't looked like he's wanted to fight since he left Pride.

Now gassing doesn't neccessarily mean you have bad cardio, a fighter's strength could begin to wear on them, say after defending multiple takedown attempts from a wrestler, it wears them down, to where their arms get heavy, and they begin throwing slow punches with nothing really behind them. It doesn't mean they have bad cardio, just that their muscles got to the point that they burnt out. With steroids, during a fight, a fighter is able to maintain his physical strength longer than a fighter not using them. So in a sense, steroids do help a fighter last longer, which a lot of people consider cardio.

I think that part of it is that alot of pride fighters were just paste their prime by the time they came to the UFC like Cro Cop. Rampage has done very well in the UFC and Nogueira has to so they havent all done bad. The cage is another thing that is hard for them because it takes a bit of getting used to and also no knees to the head which favours wrestlers because even when fighters sprawl in the UFC they cant do anything so they get taken down eventually.

I think that part of it is that alot of pride fighters were just paste their prime by the time they came to the UFC like Cro Cop. Rampage has done very well in the UFC and Nogueira has to so they havent all done bad. The cage is another thing that is hard for them because it takes a bit of getting used to and also no knees to the head which favours wrestlers because even when fighters sprawl in the UFC they cant do anything so they get taken down eventually.

Coincidence..?

I think not.

When it's all said and done' date=' ALL PRIDE fighters should have asterisks put next to their names. Their career wins and records are tainted. I don't trust any of them. The dilemma spanned 10 years. 1997 sparked the start of the steroid era in MMA and it didn't end until 2007. All PRIDE fighters fought in the steroid era. Because Pride WAS the steroid era. Their records should be tainted and essentially erased from the record books.

[img']http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb101/jonescru/mma_kids/CroCop.jpg[/img]

mirkocrocop.jpg

Hahaha great post as usual AK, does this mean all of Anderson Silva's fights in Pride have asterix on them?

How about Chuck Liddell's 2 victories against Metzger & Overeem?

All of Wanderlei Silva's classic fights?

If this is true then Mark Coleman is 8-3 right?

Also Nog is 15-3, and Fedor at 17-1(14-0-0-1 in Pride) still a better record than anyone in UFC.

if you and sco got together would their be a birth' date='of a beautiful troll baby? all joking aside ive come to enjoy your threads they show a hint of genius. as for sco i hope i dont have to tell you what that stands for.[/quote']

sco = some c**** opinion?

• 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...

mirkocrocop.jpg

LOLOMFG!!!

You're a FLICKING IDIOT!!!!!!!!

Stupidest thread of ALLLLL TIME!!!

Get a life you loser.. How DARE you talk shizzle about the legends of Pride!

PFFFFFT!!!

I also like the picture thing' date=' clever. Showing Cro Cop when he was like 15 and then showing him when he's an adult, and not even fighting in Pride in that picture.[/quote']

"This poor boy aged 15 years and gained 100 lbs in 2 weeks on steroids."

Archived