Coleman vs Couture. Predictions?

theindestructable

Randy for sure. Coleman can't use roids anymore because the blood tests are actually being administered now.. The cool thing is they both get senior citizen discounts at Hometown Buffet after the fight. <------Just kidding, I am a huge Randy fan and I think he is one of the best in the world and will take Coleman out

I am going to go nuts and go Coleman. The Hammer has better wrestling than Randy and can probably put him on his back and do some major GnP.

Coleman theoretically COULD have better wrestling than Randy... However, I think they are pretty evenly matched in regard to wrestling. Maybe even give Randy the edge because he is more fit. And Randy has better stand up, cardio, game plans, and clearly a better clinch. Hence, Randy wins....

Coleman got this. Hands down.

Randy hasn't looked the greatest in his last few fights. He just holds people around the cage. Coleman is going to get on top of him and get a TKO. You watch.

I'll sig bet you, because ain't no way that Coleman will beat Randy.

Funny thing is, a lot of people saying this is going to be a crap fight. Just like many people (including myself) thought Nogueira vs. Couture would be terrible...instead it was probably one of the best fights I saw in 09. As far as my predictions I'd give the nod to Couture via "dirty boxing" as Goldberg calls it.

funny thing is' date=' a lot of people saying this is going to be a crap fight. Just like many people (including myself) thought nogueira vs. Couture would be terrible...instead it was probably one of the best fights i saw in 09. As far as my predictions i'd give the nod to couture via "dirty boxing" as goldberg calls it.[/quote']

i hope your right mate because im one of those people who is not looking forward to this fight they both should of retired last year.

Couture v vera was a joke i was there an every1 in the arena knew it was vera's this fight has been made because this is the only way they could get another w on there record. As great as randy was he and coleman are not good enough anymore. Joe rogan needs a slap for sayin it could take randy 1 step closer to the title ha ha silly man

hopefully it will be a suprise great fight tho never do know

this is gonna be a massive snorefest' date=' tired of no one wanting to criticize couture, he's become so boring to watch, his last fight at 105 was by far the worst. Big names don't necessarily make big fights.[/quote']

i cant stand him mate hes living of his legend fair enough hes done a lot but retire mate. 105 was unreal for how bad it was. If you have no intention of fighting retire mate init sick of seein him hold people on the cage for 15min. An every1 buzz of his technique its borin

This is gonna be a massive snorefest' date=' tired of no one wanting to criticize couture, he's become so boring to watch, his last fight at 105 was by far the worst. big names don't necessarily make big fights.[/quote']

Spot on! If the winner of this gets a title shot it's a joke!

Randy hasn't looked the greatest in his last few fights. He just holds people around the cage. Coleman is going to get on top of him and get a TKO. You watch.

I really hope you're joking.

If Randy loses this I might have to stop watching MMA for a while. There's no reason Coleman should even be thought of as having a chance in this fight outside of "anything can happen". I think you're all going to see that Randy has just as good of wrestling as Coleman. Also, Coleman gasses out after 3 mintues of every fight he's ever in and Randy's ENTIRE game plan is to push people and wear them out! This is one of the worst matches I've heard of seeing that Couture's time is limited and there's no reason not to give him the big names now while he's popular and still certifiable to fight.

Everyone complaining about how "boring" Randy has been or how bad he is lately, go watch Pro Wrestling. Please, do those of us who actually enjoy MMA and not just slug fests and enjoy all aspects of the game including clinching a favor and quit watching the sport. You're killing it for us. Also, the dude just beat Brandon Vera and had a very even matchup against one of the top HW in the world. How can you possibly say he's not very good anymore?

I really hope you're joking.

If Randy loses this I might have to stop watching MMA for a while. There's no reason Coleman should even be thought of as having a chance in this fight outside of "anything can happen". I think you're all going to see that Randy has just as good of wrestling as Coleman. Also' date=' Coleman gasses out after 3 mintues of every fight he's ever in and Randy's ENTIRE game plan is to push people and wear them out! This is one of the worst matches I've heard of seeing that Couture's time is limited and there's no reason not to give him the big names now while he's popular and still certifiable to fight.

Everyone complaining about how "boring" Randy has been or how bad he is lately, go watch Pro Wrestling. Please, do those of us who actually enjoy MMA and not just slug fests and enjoy all aspects of the game including clinching a favor and quit watching the sport. You're killing it for us. Also, the dude just beat Brandon Vera and had a very even matchup against one of the top HW in the world. How can you possibly say he's not very good anymore?[/quote']

Yea what he said!!!

I'll give you that he didn't look great in the vera fight, but the nog fight was pretty sweet even though he lost and before that it was Brock... so give the guy a break, he was even pushing Brock around and winning that fight until Brock caught him with that sledgehammer of a fist.

It kinda pisses me off that everyone assumes this will be a boring fight simply because Coleman hasn't been the most exciting fighter since returning to the UFC and Couture is coming off that fight against Vera.

Personally, I enjoy technical battles. Which is why I didn't mind Couture/Vera.

But now everyone's complaining about what a boring fight this will be simply because of that. Listen, everyone has a lackluster fight. Silva had one against Leites, but I don't think anyone here questioned whether or not Silva should have retired. Personally, Randy shouldn't retire. The man is, what, 46 years old now? And if you look at his last two fights before Vera, he was winning against Lesnar before getting caught (which happens at some point or another to every fighter) and then he just got outclassed by a younger and better fighter in Nogueira.

Couture is going to come in here and he's going to win in spectacular fashion. The only reason that Randy kept a smothering approach on Vera was because he knew Vera's striking was his strong point, which Vera proved in the second round of their fight. Couture isn't going to have the same kind of problems with Coleman, who isn't known as a striker. I see this match going along the same lines as Lesnar/Couture in that Couture is going to keep it busy. He's going let loose with the hands, maybe push Coleman against the cage, take him down and ground and pound him until either they get stood up or the round ends. As long as Coleman is game and doesn't gas too early or get knocked out, I think this fight has just as much potential to be as exciting as any of Couture's fights.

Couture either by UD or TKO in Round 3.

hey who do you guys think will win?

I think Couture will win a decision or Coleman will gas out, but Im going to Coleman.

Randy has had his fame and to be honest I think Coleman, like Dana said deserves some credit. Everybody loves Randy cause how the UFC hyped him up but Coleman is a legend to he just was in Pride for his golry days.

I hope Coleman can pull this one out but at the same time the guy seems like a **** so I wont care if Randy smashes him... and he probally will.

Couture by (T)KO.

I guess everyone either forgot how good Couture was, or everyone's an MMA noob. Couture's boxing was tested by Vera, Gonzaga, and Noguiera who are all great strikers... Couture has much better striking than Coleman, which is why I expect the KO. Coleman won't be able to out-wrestle him, so Couture will win in spectacular fashion.

Couture outwreslted Coleman years ago before either were UFC. It was Coleman's rise in the UFC that encouraged Couture to test himself, knowing even then he was the better fighter of the two. Coleman has never had, and never will have, better wrestling than Couture, period.

That being said I have Couture by first round KO/TKO, dirty boxing against the fence. People forget that Couture once beat Chuck Lidell striking, and Belfort, and Sylvia, and Gonzaga. His striking is set up with Greco Roman Clinching, of which Randy is the best, but it is striking nonetheless. Coleman can't throw a punch to save his life unless his opponent is flat on his back.

Coleman coined the term for Ground and Pound and Couture perfected it, but his skills go way beyond that and the Hammer's doesn't. Expect Randy to bat the Hammer around like a stepchild.

This fight should have happened years ago no doubt, but the outcome would have been the same at any time they have met in their careers. Randy by stoppage.

Archived