We Want Sanchez vs Gomi

tuf1_

I recently read where Florian and Gomi could headline and upcoming UFN and though I'm pumped to see Gomi back in action I don't understand the matchup. Florian has a style for making people look bad and picking them apart from a distance. Gomi could be a big draw for the UFC win or lose if given the right opponent but I don't see the UFC gaining much from the match up. A fight with somebody like a Guida or Sanchez makes much more sense because neither fighters cred would take a hit win or lose in the type of fight they would have in that Sanchez and Gomi have made names for putting on wars.

I recently read where Florian and Gomi could headline and upcoming UFN and though I'm pumped to see Gomi back in action I don't understand the matchup. Florian has a style for making people look bad and picking them apart from a distance. Gomi could be a big draw for the UFC win or lose if given the right opponent but I don't see the UFC gaining much from the match up. A fight with somebody like a Guida or Sanchez makes much more sense because neither fighters cred would take a hit win or lose in the type of fight they would have in that Sanchez and Gomi have made names for putting on wars.

I keep seeing things like this about Gomi and I am just a little confused. People are saying they don't know why they would put Gomi against someone as good as Florian right off the bat, he should get an easier fight first.

What?

Has everyone forgotten that Gomi was a wrecking machine in the PRIDE LW division, and was the final champion of that organization? I understand his last few fights haven't been impressive but it is clear in those fights that he was not the same fighter and was working through some issues. Gomi is a bad little man, and skill wise is right up at the top of the chain.

To me it makes perfect sense, and fits a pattern with other former champs. Give him the recognized #2 in the division, who I think he will destroy but mostly because I don't like Florian for some reason. When he beats Florian, a shot at BJ is earned. If he loses to K-Flo then back to the beginning at the bottom of the ladder. Seeing as everyone recognizes there is no other challengers for BJ @ LW why not set up the fight with the last champion from PRIDE, which is the fight many long time fans want to see!

Very good points. Sanchez vs Gomi would be very interesting. I think Gomi would gas but it would still be a war. Where did you read that it's going to be Florian vs Gomi?

why ''we want....'' ? maybe You want.......

Archived