UFN 21:Vera vs Jones

K22UFC

Ultimate Fight Night 21 is in my opinion probably the best ever UFN card. The main event is a great match between Brandon Vera and Jon Jones. The co-main event is another great match between Clay Guida and Sean Sherk. Anthony Johnson and Brendan Schaub both have matches on this card and there is also a match between Spencer Fisher and Duane Ludwig which will be a stand-up war. This event wil take place on March 21st on a Sunday.

Main Card

Brandon Vera vs Jon Jones

Clay Guida vs Sean Sherk

Anthony Johnson vs John Howard

Spencer Fisher vs Duane Ludwig

Brendan Schaub vs Chase Gormley

What do you think of this card?

awesome card for 1st time on versus, however I wouldn't hold my breath for A. Johnson fight (making weight) and if I was Howard I would not take the fight unless he makes weight.

I'm really looking forward to Fisher vs Ludwig, Guida vs. Sherk, and Vera vs. Jones

As for best Fight Night card ever, I'm sticking with Florian vs. Lauzon (forgot the #) but it was from CO as well.

awesome card for 1st time on versus' date=' however I wouldn't hold my breath for A. Johnson fight (making weight) and if I was Howard I would not take the fight unless he makes weight.

I'm really looking forward to Fisher vs Ludwig, Guida vs. Sherk, and Vera vs. Jones

As for best Fight Night card ever, I'm sticking with Florian vs. Lauzon (forgot the #) but it was from CO as well.[/quote']

Ya, the Florian vs Lauzon card was sick but I think this one could be better because of the main event. I wonder will it be 2 or 3 hours long with the 5 main card matches compared to the normal 4.

i wonder if this poll will be different from the other 3 on this fight.... *cough* SEARCH!!

Big deal if theres other polls the same. Why dont you go cry about it. There was no other ones on the front page untill you decided to bring back your one from like two weeks ago. This thread was about the whole card in general but I decided to put up the poll for the main event. You dont have to vote on it if you dont want to.

Vera is gonna get KTFO via some kind of crazy punch/kick combo

Ya, Jones is very dangerous with his unorthodox striking but so is Vera who has alot more experience and he looked very good against Couture. He had great takedown defence and great striking. The clinch battle will be very interesting with Veras muay thai and Jones greco-roman wrestling and great takedowns. Its a very hard fight to call. I think Jones will win by decision but it will be a great fight.

Really pumped for this and this is the best fight night card to date. I have Jones for the win but I don't think he will walk through Vera like he did Hamill... But I said Hamill was going to be a tough fight for him and that proved to be not the case. Shows you what I know.

That's what's great about MMA anything can happen and everybody can surprise or dissapoint you. Judges included.

i think this fight is unpredictable. Jones has not fought anyone of Veras caliber, but he seems promising. If Jones get past Vera, he should fight the winner of Coleman/Cotoure for a title shot.

If Vera finishes Jones, we'll know Jones has a lot of work to do.

i think this fight is unpredictable. Jones has not fought anyone of Veras caliber' date=' but he seems promising. [b']If Jones get past Vera, he should fight the winner of Coleman/Cotoure for a title shot. [/b]If Vera finishes Jones, we'll know Jones has a lot of work to do.

Ya, I agree with that. A Couture fight would be a great opportunity for Jones. If he won he would become a huge name.

i think this fight is unpredictable. Jones has not fought anyone of Veras caliber' date=' but he seems promising. If Jones get past Vera, he should fight the winner of Coleman/Cotoure for a title shot.

If Vera finishes Jones, we'll know Jones has a lot of work to do.[/quote']

of all the LHW fighters out there...you pick either coleman or couture to fight jones next?you do remember the vera vs couture fight right?i say leave our middleaged fighters alone...theres a slew of top contenders for dana to pick from that jones could fight...

of all the LHW fighters out there...you pick either coleman or couture to fight jones next?you do remember the vera vs couture fight right?i say leave our middleaged fighters alone...theres a slew of top contenders for dana to pick from that jones could fight...

Ya but id like to see Couture try to hold Jon Jones up against the cage like he did to Vera.

i think it is bs that schaub gets to fight in the ufc whats the point of watching tuf if everyone on the show gets to be in the ufc? he got dropped by roy nelson! real quick! WHY IS HE IN THE UFC?! and i dont care if you guys like him or not this was a competition its just like all the other tuf shows if you make it on the show the ufc will bring you in anyway?!

i think it is bs that schaub gets to fight in the ufc whats the point of watching tuf if everyone on the show gets to be in the ufc? he got dropped by roy nelson! real quick! WHY IS HE IN THE UFC?! and i dont care if you guys like him or not this was a competition its just like all the other tuf shows if you make it on the show the ufc will bring you in anyway?!

Ya but you can tell he has loads of potential and for getn all the way to the final I think he deserves the chance.

Ya but you can tell he has loads of potential and for getn all the way to the final I think he deserves the chance.
i know what you mean but whats the point of watching the whole show if they all get to fight? i know where you are comming from with recruiting talent and all that good stuff...but this is a competition! what good is it when kimbo get a shot? schaub gets a shot? matt mitrione gets a shot? big baby got a shot? and mike sweeney? its a little much.

i know what you mean but whats the point of watching the whole show if they all get to fight? i know where you are comming from with recruiting talent and all that good stuff...but this is a competition! what good is it when kimbo get a shot? schaub gets a shot? matt mitrione gets a shot? big baby got a shot? and mike sweeney? its a little much.

Ya, I get your point but if this was the case then Keith Jardine, Josh Koscheck, Florian, Ben Saunders, Maynard, Bonnar and alot of other good fighters that were on the show wouldnt be in the UFC. I think that the UFC is right to give some fighters that didnt win the show a chance and if they do bad then they can get released.

Ya' date=' I get your point but if this was the case then Keith Jardine, Josh Koscheck, Florian, Ben Saunders, Maynard, Bonnar and alot of other good fighters that were on the show wouldnt be in the UFC. I think that the UFC is right to give some fighters that didnt win the show a chance and if they do bad then they can get released.[/quote']

i realize that im not talking about their talent im talking about why would i watch the show if im going to see them all in the ufc anyway? i wasted my time i dont dislike these fighters i just think it is a bs competition.

i realize that im not talking about their talent im talking about why would i watch the show if im going to see them all in the ufc anyway? i wasted my time i dont dislike these fighters i just think it is a bs competition.

Then dont bother watching then next season because the same thing is gonna happen again.

Where did yall see that sherk and fisher are on this fight card? I just made a thread about fisher if i knew he was going to fight in this card i woudnt of made it. I think' date=' bones, sherk, fisher, and dossantos are going to win by KO[/quote']

Type in "UFC on versus 1 wiki" and it will tell you the matches on this card.

Cheick Kongo vs Paul Buentello added to this event. This is the new look card.

Main Card

B Vera vs J Jones

J Dos Santos vs G Gonzago

C Kongo vs P Buentello

A Johnson vs J Howard

C Guida vs S Gugerty

Some Undercard fights

D Ludwig vs S Fisher

B Schaub vs C Gormley

J Irvin vs A Sakara

• 2 weeks later...
yeah. i bet itll be shown tho and it will motivate clay to do well

Ya, it will probably be shown unless most of the fights go to the decision but I think that there will be alot of finishes with Johnson, Dos Santos and Kongo v Buentello on the card. Hopefully Guida can get the badly needed win.

The one's I think will win will be bold.

Vera vs. Jones

Dos Santos vs. Gonzaga

Kongo vs. Buentello

Johnson vs. Howard

Ludwig vs. Fisher

Sakara vs. Irvin

Guida vs. Gugerty

Marshall vs. Matyushenko

Schaub vs. Gormley

Pierce vs. Kimmons

Schafer vs. Brilz

Ya' date=' Jones is very dangerous with his unorthodox striking but so is Vera who has alot more experience and he looked very good against Couture. He had great takedown defence and great striking. The clinch battle will be very interesting with Veras muay thai and Jones greco-roman wrestling and great takedowns. Its a very hard fight to call. I think Jones will win by decision but it will be a great fight.[/quote']

Yeah cause it was COUTURE he looked so good. Veras "great" stirking will have no benefit against Jones unorthodox striking and unorthodox movement, once vera swings Jones will already have countered with a spinning back fist. KO via first round for Jones.

Archived