Who's the next contender after Shougun in the light heavyweight division

sjameson6969

Also' date=' anyone else a bit annoyed Anderson has said he won't fight Machida?

What really is the point of moving up to light heavyweight if you don't believe you can challenge for the belt? :confused:[/quote']

Actually a statement came out the other day from Machida's father and he said that Machida must fight Anderson

Rampage (granted he wins against Evans which i'm pretty sure he will) then winner of Couture vs. Coleman which I think Couture has it wrapped up.

A. Silva would be a good one as well but imho he needs to fight some top LHWs before he gets his shot. I'm not convinced of the hype; not as much as alot are.

Hmm.. not really.. Machida is the best at capitalizing on people making mistakes' date=' bones makes alot but usually he comes out on top in his exchanges but machida would expose him and pounce everytime Jon went for something weird and left himself open[/quote']

I was actually talking about Anderson there lol

Hmm.. not really.. Machida is the best at capitalizing on people making mistakes' date=' bones makes alot but usually he comes out on top in his exchanges but machida would expose him and pounce everytime Jon went for something weird and left himself open[/quote']

Maybe but I think that would be a fight that would be fun to watch

Actually a statement came out the other day from Machida's father and he said that Machida must fight Anderson

I knew this would happen. I remember reading the headline and thinking: "Finally someone with sense."

I dont think they should fight just because they are two of the best fighters in the world right now, but because they are in the UFC, and when youre the top contender in a weight class, you fight the champ. He doesnt want to defend his title right now, so he either needs to defend his belt, or go for another one.

I knew this would happen. I remember reading the headline and thinking: "Finally someone with sense."

I dont think they should fight just because they are two of the best fighters in the world right now' date=' but because they are in the UFC, and when youre the top contender in a weight class, you fight the champ. He doesnt want to defend his title right now, so he either needs to defend his belt, or go for another one.[/quote']

Thats true, anderson has a date set with Vitor now im pretty sure so we will see what he decides to do after his 11th straight win in the UFC

Anderson had 1 fight before he took on the title in the ufc' date=' and that was Chris Leben :P[/quote']

And how many top competitors were in the MW division then? The LHW division has some good competition right now. That's the difference for me but everyone has the right to their own opinions.

And how many top competitors were in the MW division then? The LHW division has some good competition right now. That's the difference for me but everyone has the right to their own opinions.

Yeh i know, i wasnt having a go at ya.

back then leben was like the next best thing in the MW he was riding like a 5 win streak or somthing then Anderson stopped that in under a minute

Anderson had 1 fight before he took on the title in the ufc' date=' and that was Chris Leben :P[/quote']

And he also had a huge reputation in the business built previous to entering the UFCAnd was on a I think 5 fight win streak in international competition. Jones is still a rookie in comparison.

After Shogun, I think Rampage and Couture are the most interesting matchups and no one else really poses a threat.

And I do think once Bones puts a big win over a top LHW he will be a good matchup, he has big things in his future.

His first fight was against a former HW champion. How many champs has Jones fought? Yes I know Lesnar lost that fight but he showed promise via dominating 95% of that fight.

Bones might not win but I think it would be a very fun fight to watch, one for the fans. And why do you have to fight a former champion before you get a title shot? He shows alot of promise give him a shot imo.

Yeh i know' date=' i wasnt having a go at ya.

back then leben was like the next best thing in the MW he was riding like a 5 win streak or somthing then Anderson stopped that in under a minute[/quote']

I'll admit i've not followed the MW and smaller divisions like I do now back in those days but I figured they were not that strong. People always make a case for how the smaller fighters are more exciting superior etc. When Chris Leban, although I like the guy, is the next best thing in a division enough said.

And he also had a huge reputation in the business built previous to entering the UFCAnd was on a I think 5 fight win streak in international competition. Jones is still a rookie in comparison.

After Shogun' date=' I think Rampage and Couture are the most interesting matchups and no one else really poses a threat.

And I do think once Bones puts a big win over a top LHW he will be a good matchup, he has big things in his future.[/quote']

Nah not quite 5 wins only on a 1 win streak before he beat Leben

I'll admit i've not followed the MW and smaller divisions like I do now back in those days but I figured they were not that strong. People always make a case for how the smaller fighters are more exciting superior etc. When Chris Leban' date=' although I like the guy, is the next best thing in a division enough said.[/quote']

Haha yehh true that

Bones might not win but I think it would be a very fun fight to watch' date=' one for the fans. And why do you have to fight a former champion before you get a title shot? He shows alot of promise give him a shot imo.[/quote']

I see your point. I like Jones too but I want to see him fight against someone at the top before throwing him against the very top. Either way I'll watch and watch it excited the dude brings some different kind of talent to the table for sure!

I see your point. I like Jones too but I want to see him fight against someone at the top before throwing him against the very top. Either way I'll watch and watch it excited the dude brings some different kind of talent to the table for sure!

This is why I am glad Bones n Vera are fighting, should make for an epic stand up war

This is why I am glad Bones n Vera are fighting' date=' should make for an epic stand up war[/quote']

Just checked out that entire event. That's a fricken awseome card for being free! We'll see what Jones has in store for Vera but I think it's going to be a battle. Vera's got some good stand up himself! I want to see Jones tested against a Randy Couture or other dominant wrestler before drawing any conclusions (Matt H. is not dominant imho).

Yeah Bones Jones, imo, is the brightest prospect in the LHW devision, and the top in the UFC (next to JDS and Velasquez) But i think that if Shogun pulls it off, then Silva goes up and fights Shogun, which would be a sick fight imo. But if Machida wins... Idk. I dont like having Machida as the champ because its hard to find a good matchup for him stylistlcly. But i think Shogun will beat him, so thats that. And the Vera vs Jones fightcard= easily the best free card as far as big names go. Im pumped for Guida vs Sherk, and realllly pumped for Bones to KTFO of Vera... and im sorry i know this is off topic but ive been wondering this for a while, how can i put up my own posts?

After Shogun' date=' I think Rampage and Couture are the most interesting matchups and no one else really poses a threat.

And I do think once Bones puts a big win over a top LHW he will be a good matchup, he has big things in his future.[/quote']

I belive if the DQ did not happen bones would now be 10 and 0.

Winner of Rashad and Rampage.

Although I believe Shogun will win (again) and we may see Shogun vs A. Silva.

Probably Rampage.

If Shogun wins and they give Silva a title shot i will be really pissed off, that kind of **** would be retarded. That's like giving Silva a free belt, even though he wouldn't fight Machida for it.

Clearly, winner of Rampage v Rashad will fight winner of Machida v Rua for the title. I think the losers of those two fights should fight as well. They are taking it slow with Johnny Bones because he is so young.

I think if Anderson Silva wants the 205 title he should have to fight and beat 2 of those 4 fighters BEFORE fighting for the belt.

I think it should first be the winner of Couture vs. Coleman. Then the winner of Rampage vs. Evans. Forrest is 1 fight away from deserving a rematch for the title too. Then you've still got Lil Nog, Vera/Jones, Franklin actully fighting at 205, and of course A. Silva.

LHW has the most stacked competition. Plenty of great match ups.

this was also the leben of old, who had 4 or 5 wins in a row. was clearly the #1 contender, and we saw what machida did too him. 93% strikes landed, only missing one punch i beleive it was

Just because Machida says he will fight him doesn't mean Silva has too.

Yea like Brock did!!!!

Randy didn't have to fight Brock, but he wanted to. That's not Brock's fault. Not defending Brock cause i hate the guy, but don't be mad at him.

I belive if the DQ did not happen bones would now be 10 and 0.
way 2 go out on a limb. i think rashad rampage winner gets the title shot. lil nog bones jones jardine both silvas and forrest need at least one more win in some cases more. For all of you callings 4 anderson silva what if he loses 2 vitor?

Archived