A.Silva vs Vitor Belfort IT'S ON

ubern00b

i really doubt he was ducking the fight. Yeah Vitor is good and all but A Silva jumps up a weight class to "spice thing up", so what does A Silva have to be afraid of..... and Vitor has shown in previous fights that he is weak mentally and who knows he might have worked through all his issues and is now strong mentally but the one man to test that is A Silva. Should be a good fight but Silva will win.

first off, vitor is a striker, and AS dont duck strikers, and when he moves up in weight, to entertain himself, as you put it, its against strikers . He ducks only those that can beat him, hard chin, solid ground game, great wrestlers. If that was vitor, then AS would still have injury problims, but hes not, hes a striker, so AS will fight him.

first off' date=' vitor is a striker, and AS dont duck strikers, and when he moves up in weight, to entertain himself, as you put it, its against strikers . [b']He ducks only those that can beat him, hard chin, solid ground game, great wrestlers[/b]. If that was vitor, then AS would still have injury problims, but hes not, hes a striker, so AS will fight him.

So what would you consider Dan Henderson???

If this happens, and it looks like it will. I only have one thing to say. Finally Anderson will be defending the belt, in the weight class that he needed to stay in anyway. I dont like it when fighters jump divisions, especially when they are the champion. Although the Middleweight division is the weakest so I understand why he wanted to challenge himself... It is what it is.

Silva was suppose to fight Belfort at ufc 109 but his surgury he had ,in october, on his elbow, wasnt healed. So the fight was put off. He will fight Vitor at ufc 12.Oh and anderson has smashed the whos who in the middle weight weight class. The only person he has left to beat in that wieght class is Belfort. Then he should move up to light heavy weight. He has beaten top of the line fighters and made them look like they were nobodys, Rich Franklin, Dan Henderson, Nate Marquart, Jermy Horn, Forest Griffen, and many other fighters. He beat them all like nothing. He is the number one ranked middle weight in the world. He is capable of holding the middle weight and light heavy weight title at the same time. He is that good. HungGarWarrior has no clue about MMA fighters. His opinions suck.

yea bc getting injured is ducking a fight

No, but saying that the fighters are not fit to be in the same ring as him every time a top contender is mentioned as an opponent sure seems like ducking. Besides, that injury of his is dubious to say the least...certainly the recovery time has been.

i really doubt he was ducking the fight. Yeah Vitor is good and all but A Silva jumps up a weight class to "spice thing up"' date=' so what does A Silva have to be afraid of..... and Vitor has shown in previous fights that he is weak mentally and who knows he might have worked through all his issues and is now strong mentally but the one man to test that is A Silva. Should be a good fight but Silva will win.[/quote']

I understand what your saying but he's not jumping up jus to spice things up. He's gettin up there in age as far as fights go and says its getting harder to make the cutt to MW. If he renews his contract i wouldn't be suprised to see him fight strictly at 205.

No' date=' but saying that the fighters are not fit to be in the same ring as him every time a top contender is mentioned as an opponent sure seems like ducking[/b']. Besides, that injury of his is dubious to say the least...certainly the recovery time has been.

No, it's just being honest.

I'm sorry to burst everybody's bubble, but Nate Marquardt does NOT belong in the same cage as Anderson Silva. Nor does Vitor Belfort.

Vitor has already mentioned that he doesn't even WANT to fight Anderson.

Anderson Silva doesn't duck people. When you've got only three fights left on your contract, why waste them with rematches that you know you're going to win?

the whole a silva moving between 185 and 205 cant be used to measure his badassness because vitor was fighting at 205 a few fights ago. vitor has lightning quick hands so im not counting him out

Although I am not counting Vitor out this will not be the first person in the UFC that has fought at LHW and MW. Dan Henderson beat Vitor but lost to A Silva. Should be a good fight though, i will be watching.

According to Vitor's manager. I just ****led in my pants. Let's just hope Silva doesn't duck this fight...again.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/17538/vitor-belforts-manager-confirms-ufc-112-abu-dhabi-title-fight-with-anderson-silva.mma

Dude...did you not pay attention to anything regarding this matchup?

It was never in jeopardy...it was pending on Silva's recovery.

Fedor fan?

Cheers

-DR

Archived