Maynard Will Fight _______

tuf1_

Joe Daddy gets my vote. Tyson Griffin is also a good fight, but another guy that hasn't fought the best and shouldn't be in title contention just yet plus I know their friends/training partners and probably won't fight.

I'd rather see Kenny & Diego rematch at 155.

Sanchez or Kenny. If he's even gonna stand a chance against BJ then he's gotta beat one of these guys first.

+1 as I've stated on another thread it really makes no sense for him to fight anyone else, and as it looks like Kennys fighting Gomi then Diego would make more sense.

Diego has recently said on twitter he's been linked with fights against Sherk, or Diaz if he won fight, but Diaz lost and Sherk heavily rumoured for another fight on a future Fight Night card.

I think he will get another matchup against someone a step down from the top, like Sherk or the winner of Stevenson vs. Sotiropoulos. That will give him an opportunity to get back into title contention without messing up the title prospects of Griffin, who's probably only a couple of wins away from a title shot himself.

I don't see him fighting Sanchez- that would be another guaranteed decision result. Plus Florian will most likely get a Sanchez rematch, the fans would love that fight.

I like Kenny/Diego II' date=' and if Gray really wants to be called the #1 contender then fight the winner of that fight. IMO Kenny and Diego are still number 2 and 3 in the LW division.[/quote']

i agree w/ this.. #2 should fight for the title so take the time to make it the #2.. nate being passed up for vitor is insane & i don't believe i will ever get over it.. so let them save a little face & not make the rest of the divisions a laughing stalk.

Gray Maynard is undefeated in the UFC and his MMA career (not counting loss on TUF5 cause it was exhibition) and he is the only guy to defeat Frank Edgar. It makes logical sense that he should face BJ Penn for the title. But since it looks like Edgar is going to face Penn then UFC should either

1. Make Maynard face the winner of Penn vs Edgar which will most likely take place in August

2. Make Maynard face either Diego Sanchez, Kenny Florian, Tyson Griffin or Joe Stevenson. He has yet to face any of these guys but Stevenson is fighting Sotiropulous and Florian might face Gomi. Also Guida is figting Sherk. So Diego or Tyson would be the logical oponent.

I'm suprised Edgar is given the chance before Mayard. Maynard has already beaten Edgar. Maynard is still on a win streak. Edgar has fought a little better competition than Maynard, but Maynard has already beaten Edgar and is still on his win streak. It could just be a timing thing. Eventhough BJ is superior than all the fighters in LW right now, there are alot of fighters getting better and Maynard is right in there. Maynard, Kenny, Diego, Griffin and Edgar will together make incredible fights whether they can defeat BJ or not. Who know's maybe one of these guys suprise us all and somehow pull off a victory against BJ.

Since Maynard got shafted in his title shot I say that he should fight the winner of Stevenson/Sotiropoulos.

That should undoubtedly choose the number one contender.

Diego is coming off a loss and shouldn't be allowed to fight him.

Florian is fighting Gomi.

Griffin and Maynard train together.

It's the only logical choice.

id like to see him fight a top 5 fighter, and dont say he beat edgar because when that happened edgar wasnt top 5 he only got to the top 5 after beating sherk.

this dude hasnt fought a top guy, IMO he has to fight kenny daddy sanchez or griffin next if he wants to be a top contender, hell id like to see him fight spenser fisher aswell but the afore mentioned are the top of the division and until he beats a current top 5 ranked fighter i dont see why he is even being considered for a title shot

Archived