Mir vs carwin

shogunrua101

I think it's 50-50

Carwin wins if it doesn't go to the matt.

Mir wins if it goes to the matt.

But Carwin vs Gonzaga Carwin stood up almost right away after been taken down...

But Mir is heavier than Gonzaga so...

And Mir has some heavy hands too...

I'm going with Carwin by 1st round MURDER (pretty corny)

Mir by sub. Likely the first round.

Carwin comes out swinging' date=' Mir immediately goes for the takedown.

The SECOND this goes to the ground it's over.[/quote']

Even if it doesn't go to the ground, I think Mir could outstrike him, but yes if it DOES go to the ground then its all over. I want Carwin to win though because im sick of seeing Mir vs Lesnar, Lesnar needs to fight other people.

Now this is intresting. Ok when Carwin was originally to meet Lesnar. They had a lot in common. Both are HUGE (LOL). they got the same hand size, and wresting style. Both are blue collar, and did i forget huge. But Shane has a more experience than Brock and been through more MMA wars. (The Gongza fight for one). Shane wants to stay on the feet and now i think trains with Greg Jackson. (with most fighters, that alone would win the fight. But now he has toi fight Frank Mir. whos striking has gotten a whole world better with Dellagrotte and his dad back in his corner. Ask Nog. And now he has the strength (with his strenght coach). He wont get pushed about the ring with the stronger Heavyweights. and when Frank fights Shane, all he sees is Brock in front of him. They are the same size and everything. The scary thing is that Frank is posess to get to Brock and hes sooo focus. The best Heavyweight to me is Frank. Cause hes just like BJ Penn. Then they are focus and get to business. Cant nobody beat them. Frank will win by knock out.

I'm not sure why everybody is so sure Mir wants to take it to the ground. Like you are all saying, Carwin is a big strong wrestler. I remember another big strong wrestler that took Mir to the ground and pounded the living sh*t out of him. Who is to say that Carwin can't control Mir on the ground? Granted, Mir could catch him in a sub, but it's not like Carwin has no ground game. I think it will be a great fight.

This is a tough one as i like both these guys. I'm thinking Mir as he is the more technical fighter, but if carwin lands one of those freight train right hands it will be good night Mir. Either way will be a great fight, and i hope whoever does win can go on to punish brock, as either one of them have the tools to do the job and take the title.

This is a tough one as i like both these guys. I'm thinking Mir as he is the more technical fighter' date=' but if carwin lands one of those freight train right hands it will be good night Mir. Either way will be a great fight, and i hope whoever does win can go on to punish brock, as either one of them have the tools to do the job and take the title.[/quote']

I agree that Mir is the more technical guy, I just wish we could have seen more of Carwin not in as more fights but longer fights see what his cardio is like. We have seen that he can come back from being rocked (Gonzaga fight) and finish. In a way he reminds me of an anti-Brock in his past fights he has shown great GnP(could make the argument that they were nobody's) I'm not too sure on his submission defense but I'm sure working with Greg Jackson it'll be good, just not too sure if it's good enough. I really like Carwin great representative of the sport such a respectful guy he has become a top favorite of mine because of his attitude so I am pulling for him to get the W but as a big fan of rivalry's a Brock/Mir 3 would be enjoyable for me too see as well so it's win/win i'll just be rooting for Carwin though

Carwin has never faced somebody even close to Mir before...

This is such a dumb argument...every up&comer has "never faced somebody like this" while moving up the ranks. Since Carwin has KOed his opponents, with relative ease, isn't it a valid argument to say that fighting higher calibre opponents is exactly where he should be?

With Mir's new found confidence in his striking he's likely to stand with Carwin and if he does he's done for. And if it goes to the ground Carwin will use his wrestling to manhandle him and finish via G&P.

Hard to say since we haven't seen much of the new Mir yet. It also depends on strategy they choose. If Mir plays it the intelligent way then I would say Mir 1st round - submission. The more the fight will progress the more punishment he will most probably take, so 1st round si best choice for him. Still Carwin can connect and end it. Looking forward to this fight.

I don't understand a lot of people's logic. Couple months ago blind fans weren't giving Brock Lesnar a chance of doubt against Shane 'One hit wonder' Carwin stating Shane is gonna knock him out!! The fans w/ a IQ of 110+ disagreed w/ the blind fans ufc and knew Brock has this in the bag until he got sick.

Now everyone thinks Frank Mir is gonna win (obviously) and alot aren't giving Carwin a chance. How can delusional fans/hater not give Brock a chance against a Carwin but won't Carwin a chance against Mir who got beat up by Brock twice.

how so' date=' because he has submissions? Carwin clearly has the better wrestling skills. It pretty much comes down to whos going to be stronger and lets not forget Carwin is coming back from knee surgery[/quote']

You will see just what I am talking about soon enough.

I don't understand a lot of people's logic. Couple months ago blind fans weren't giving Brock Lesnar a chance of doubt against Shane 'One hit wonder' Carwin stating Shane is gonna knock him out!! The fans w/ a IQ of 110+ disagreed w/ the blind fans ufc and knew Brock has this in the bag until he got sick.

Now everyone thinks Frank Mir is gonna win (obviously) and alot aren't giving Carwin a chance. How can delusional fans/hater not give Brock a chance against a Carwin but won't Carwin a chance against Mir who got beat up by Brock twice.

MMA math is a retards way of figuring things out... and what you do not want to admit is Mir was winning his second fight till he foolishly threw a knee to get taken down...

Carwin has not been tested... he was getting beat by gonzaga when he caught gabe coming in... Carwin is a rather over rated fighter IMO

Brock is the Rashad Evans of HW... he is not nearly as good as his record would make you think... he was losing to Randy before he hit randy behind the ear... he could finish Herring after breaking his zygomatic in the first few seconds of the fight... he lost to mir with a very weak knee bar... and was losing the second fight till Mir screwed up...

Hes won by getting lucky and the other guy messing up not so much winning on his own ability... hes a beast but hes not a skilled fighter hes a skilled wrestler, they are 2 differnt animals

The reason most logical people say Brock would lose to carwin is because Carwin is a more complete fighter.... grated not much more but he can at least punch.

Also keep in mind just becasue you win 1 fight against a guy does not make you better... Matt Serra beat the ever loving snot out of GSP their first fight but hes not a better fighter then GSP... same goes for Brock beating Mir in their second fight

MMA math is a retards way of figuring things out... and what you do not want to admit is Mir was winning his second fight till he foolishly threw a knee to get taken down...

Carwin has not been tested... he was getting beat by gonzaga when he caught gabe coming in... Carwin is a rather over rated fighter IMO

Brock is the Rashad Evans of HW... he is not nearly as good as his record would make you think... he was losing to Randy before he hit randy behind the ear... he could finish Herring after breaking his zygomatic in the first few seconds of the fight... he lost to mir with a very weak knee bar... and was losing the second fight till Mir screwed up...

Hes won by getting lucky and the other guy messing up not so much winning on his own ability... hes a beast but hes not a skilled fighter hes a skilled wrestler' date=' they are 2 differnt animals

The reason most logical people say Brock would lose to carwin is because Carwin is a more complete fighter.... grated not much more but he can at least punch.

Also keep in mind just becasue you win 1 fight against a guy does not make you better... Matt Serra beat the ever loving snot out of GSP their first fight but hes not a better fighter then GSP... same goes for Brock beating Mir in their second fight[/quote']

Very stupid analysis. I hope you are pulling an AK here.

Frank Mir is on a different level than Carwin...

totally agree. carwin is definitely a well deserving fighter but i don't see him matching up well against mir. but then again this is mma and carwin could easily knockout mir with a nice hook, but i just don't see that happening. watch for mir's 3 combos and a quick takedown, i say mir 2nd round sub

well if you did not cling to brocks nut worse then SCO you would see reality instead of fantasy

You brang up Brock on a Mir vs Carwin thread, not me. Got to love your logical explanation of how Mir will beat Carwin using MMA maths after you just said it was a retards way of predicting things.

You brang up Brock on a Mir vs Carwin thread' date=' not me. Got to love your logical explanation of how Mir will beat Carwin using MMA maths after you just said it was a retards way of predicting things.[/quote']

i did not use MMA math... Mir has one of the best if not the best skill sets in the HW div... hes the most talented fighter in HW right now

mir did not get beat twice by lesnar, yeah he got hit a bunch of times in the first fight but he was composed as ever and pulled off a knee bar that was not even fully locked in. and your heavyweight "god" lesnar tapped like a little girl, and in the second fight mir rocked lesnar but got taken down because he messed up not because lesnar is a more superior fighter, seriously i'd bet on it that any decently skilled fighter in the heavy weight division could beat lesnar as long as the beast doesn't sit on them. the worst part about lesnar is that fact that he is a beast but he can't finish a fight unless he has you pinned on the ground. he is an overrated fighter and i can't wait till he makes his return so carwin or mir can give him a well deserved beating, but like the panzy he is, after he loses he will blame it all on his sickness, haha!

i agree 100%' date=' mir is simply a great technical and brutal fighter, just wait for mir vs lesnar 3 we'll all see[/quote']

I think we have already seen enough....if Brock got out of that kneebar it would of been a 10-8 Brock round just like every other Brock vs Mir round. Stop hating and get on the bandwagon, the only guy who can beat him isn't in the UFC, Brock is the most exciting wrestler in MMA since Matt Hughes so you are just missing out on some great fights if you go against him.

I won't argue with that' date=' but Mir got dominated by Brock in both fights....Mir was the Serra of those fights.[/quote']

you were not watching the right fights then... first fight Mir took a few masterbation punched to the back of teh head... those are illegal blows.... Mazz stood them up then Brock took Mir down again then got pit into one of the weakest knee bars every and cried like a little gir having a pig tail pulled....

second fight Mir was winning the stand up and won the first round easily second round Mir continued to dominte the stand up but went for a knee at the wrong time and got taken down and was hit was masterbation punches till the fight was stoped... Brock didn't win becasue hes better he won because Mir messed up

you were not watching the right fights then... first fight Mir took a few masterbation punched to the back of teh head... those are illegal blows.... Mazz stood them up then Brock took Mir down again then got pit into one of the weakest knee bars every and cried like a little gir having a pig tail pulled....

second fight Mir was winning the stand up and won the first round easily second round Mir continued to dominte the stand up but went for a knee at the wrong time and got taken down and was hit was masterbation punches till the fight was stoped... Brock didn't win becasue hes better he won because Mir messed up

What about the punch where Mir dropped like a girl, or his hamburgered face that hurt so bad he had to turn away and exploit the UFC rulebook thanks to Mazzagatti's retardedness?

What about the punch where Mir dropped like a girl' date=' or his hamburgered face that hurt so bad he had to turn away and exploit the UFC rulebook thanks to Mazzagatti's retardedness?[/quote']

wow you are so stuck to Brocks nuts you have no since of reality do you... i thought SCO was bad...

I think we have already seen enough....if Brock got out of that kneebar it would of been a 10-8 Brock round just like every other Brock vs Mir round. Stop hating and get on the bandwagon' date=' the only guy who can beat him isn't in the UFC, Brock is the most exciting wrestler in MMA since Matt Hughes so you are just missing out on some great fights if you go against him.[/quote']

exactly! like hughes, lesnar is a boring WRESTLER! this is god damn mma, and someone with that much strength and athleticism should be able to atleast dominate a fight at all aspects of it, lesnar like hughes sucks at stand up and can't finish a fight anywhere except when he is in side control. and like hughes, lesnar will see that wrestling will not get you that far in this sport

Archived