UFC Ultimate Fight Night 21 on Versus in March.....What about SPIKE???

Big_Sugar

It would appear as tho UFC Ultimate Fight Night 21 will be appearing on Versus TV station on March.21, According to the UFC calander as of this moment in time it does not appear as though UFC has any other dates for programing scheduled on SPIKE TV network after this date.

Does this mean that the contract with UFC and SPIKE from this point forward is complete and will not be renewed?

Or That the programing will be split between 2 networks?

Either way I do not see a date scheduled for SPIKE TV which is particularly bothersome as there is a limited number Satellite providers in my geographical location here in Kenora, Ontario, Canada and my Provider, Shaw Direct does not have VS Network as a option for programing.

I would like to know along with many other Canadian UFC fans if we have options or is our favorite Brand of MMA going to be limited to the USA.

As a UFC fan if there is a Satallite Provider out there that can provide me with UFC Fight Night cards on TV I would gladly pay for that one channel or risk switching providers enterely for the one station (VS Network).

Any news on the fate of SPIKE TV and the UFC or other options would be greatly appreciated.

Go Machida!

theres a few threads on this already.

the score just signed a deal to show the WEC fights thats versus shows, so i can imagine they will be showing this fight night.

I emailed Media Relations at the Score to find out if they will be showing the fight night as well, hoping to get an answer in a day or two.

The press release on the UFC website says that as per Zuffa's new deal with Versus to continue broadcasting the WEC events they will also get two UFC events this year. The remaining Fight Nights and other free events will still be on Spike.

In one of the other threads on this, another poster mentioned that he received email confirmation from Sportsnet that they will be carrying the UFC on Versus event in Canada.

The press release on the UFC website says that as per Zuffa's new deal with Versus to continue broadcasting the WEC events they will also get two UFC events this year. The remaining Fight Nights and other free events will still be on Spike.

In one of the other threads on this' date=' another poster mentioned that he received email confirmation from Sportsnet that they will be carrying the UFC on Versus event in Canada.[/quote']

indeed, i'll just paste it here....

SPORTSNET

i got this email from sportsnet this morning. they will be carrying this event in canada, so it's all good, same as normal. many thanks to sportsnet for getting back to me on this twice! the score never replied.

Sportsnet Audience Feedback

RE: TV programming Questions - UFC Fight Night 21

Thursday, January 14, 2010 10:18 AM

Hello,

Thanks for your recent email. We will indeed be broadcasting that event. The exact schedule should be added to our website closer to the date.

Sincerely

Jim LaChapelle

Audience Relations

It would appear as tho UFC Ultimate Fight Night 21 will be appearing on Versus TV station on March.21' date=' According to the UFC calander as of this moment in time it does not appear as though UFC has any other dates for programing scheduled on SPIKE TV network after this date.

Does this mean that the contract with UFC and SPIKE from this point forward is complete and will not be renewed?

Or That the programing will be split between 2 networks?

Either way I do not see a date scheduled for SPIKE TV which is particularly bothersome as there is a limited number Satellite providers in my geographical location here in Kenora, Ontario, Canada and my Provider, Shaw Direct does not have VS Network as a option for programing.

I would like to know along with many other Canadian UFC fans if we have options or is our favorite Brand of MMA going to be limited to the USA.

As a UFC fan if there is a Satallite Provider out there that can provide me with UFC Fight Night cards on TV I would gladly pay for that one channel or risk switching providers enterely for the one station (VS Network).

Any news on the fate of SPIKE TV and the UFC or other options would be greatly appreciated.

Go Machida![/quote']

that's exactly what I was wondering.

tho, at the end, here you should read : Go Shogun.

and I will be watching this one live.

indeed' date=' i'll just paste it here....

[b']SPORTSNET[/b]

i got this email from sportsnet this morning. they will be carrying this event in canada, so it's all good, same as normal. many thanks to sportsnet for getting back to me on this twice! the score never replied.

Sportsnet Audience Feedback

RE: TV programming Questions - UFC Fight Night 21

Thursday, January 14, 2010 10:18 AM

Hello,

Thanks for your recent email. We will indeed be broadcasting that event. The exact schedule should be added to our website closer to the date.

Sincerely

Jim LaChapelle

Audience Relations

good thanks.

Archived