what type of martial arts are you into?

button_man

i trained muay thai and bjj.i prefer this 2 so that i know both atleast 1 form of strikes and submission.

how about you?

ive trained in BJJ and muay thai as well..ive wrestled in highschool,and boxing as a amateur...ive basically been in martialarts since i was been 5...its in my blood

Muay Thai, Grappling/BJJ and Traditional boxing.

In two weeks, I'm adding Shihaishinkai karate & wrestling.

It makes 11 hours a week + 3 hours of fitness.

I therefore hope to be competitive in MMA for september. I've had my first Muay thai fight a month ago and will fight again this year.

freestyle wrestling first and boxing then submission wrestling and kickboxing plus a little bjj. kickboxing was actually the hardest for me because i had never thrown a kick until i was about 14, took some time to get familiar with all the elbows, knees and kicks.

I started with Tae Kwon DO and Shaolin Kempo Karate, I decided after about 6 months that they just weren't the styles for me. I eventually came across Krav maga, Muay Thai and BJJ. However my training is currently postponed due to the fact that I currently live in the middle of nowhere and I would have to drive over an hour to get to a place that teaches any of these.

BJJ, Muay Thai, formerly Tae Kwan Do until I realized that it's an ineffective fighting style unless your opponent is a turtle. I have dabbled in boxing and wrestling when I was young. It's been years, I stopped training in 2000 when I bestroyed 2 discs in my back doing log drills. My goal was ultimately the UFC, I had a 6-0 amature record at 170 racked up between 1995 and 1998 1998-2000 I was in the Army and they frowned on the idea of me fighting unsanctioned anything... Now I'm just a smaller guy who giggles when someone gets threatening with me.

2nd dan tkd, 3rd this year. i teach the kiddies lol...its not a good combat system but there are some very useful things in it that do work and i love seeing real fighters utilize certain things...e.g andy hug, david loiseau.....actually that 2 touch kick a.silva and lyoto use sometimes is from tkd. GSP throws a nice back kick lol...

anyway im also 2nd dan in something called kyok to ki, which is a really cool martial art they teach to the korean special forces. its basically muay thai with some of the useful tkd and judo

id really like to learn more grappling, very fascinated right now with judo and sambo. i know some jiu jitsu but i really need to study that too. im decent but anyone good would likely beat me pretty easy.

i box a lot, really enjoy that...**** i even know a bunch of hap ki do fwiw hahahahah

later on id like to take some wing chun or jeet, learn sticky hands. totally love all martial arts, ill open my own school eventually

1st Dan Shotokan Karate, could be 3rd but I always give the opportunity to people more heavily active in the dojo.

Wrestling in High school, was second in city and third in provincials.

Little bit of JJ training, but mostly just for defence. I do not actively train it

Judo brown belt, hopefully get my black belt later in the year but sensei knows best. Muay thai for 4 years. BJJ for about a year and a half. Wrestling isn't a strong point, but my TD defence is decent, needs work though. Judo is definately my base though. For Judo I've competed in the Kevin Book tournament, Sunshine State games, Swamp Clasic, various tournaments in miami, tampa, etc. I want to get to other places so I can compete with people from all over rather than Florida and it's neighbor states. Never competed in Muay Thai or BJJ, but hope to eventually. 3-0 MMA 2 subs, 1 split decision

Wrestled in high school and the military. Currently a Judo Yonkyu, or blue belt. I was a green belt in MCMAP (Marine Corps Martial Arts Program).

Most of my ground game comes from the judo. We go no-gi alot in our randorri, so that helps. I'm only a blue belt, so I fill in whatever gaps I have with the wrestling. TD's are a combination of the Judo throws and wrestling, although I'm starting to favor the throws. Striking comes from the MCMAP, though MCMAP is a hybrid art and really helped give me a base in all forms of my martial abilities.

I haven't really competed in a true form other than the wrestling, while still in the military. There's a few local tournaments I have participated in, but those are mostly grappling. Only one was full contact, a local karate dojo had an open tourney last year, with timed rounds instead of a contact point system. Couldn't really call it MMA though, none of us were dedicated MMA guys.

I would like to get more involved in striking, but have no real interest in MMA competition. Just want to round out my defensive capabilities.

Archived