Lyoto Father, the wise one

shtshootinshootinsht

Lyoto Father states that Shogun exposed Machida Karate... He also says Lyoto is a very strong fighter and has been doing good in his weight training, otherwise he would have been out by the third round.

I think it is good to admit your faults in order to learn from them and come back stronger... even if lyoto doesn't think this his father will make sure he knows he was exposed. He is very strong for his stature and I hope he can pull out a win in the rematch. Rua is just a beast

I think lyoto will do better the second fight but so will shogun...I think in the first fight lyoto was a lil distracted by the spotlight..im not tryin to make excuses or anything or take anything away from shogun but lyoto didnt seem as aggresive in that fight..Im lookin forward to shogun/machida 2..

I think lyoto will do better the second fight but so will shogun...I think in the first fight lyoto was a lil distracted by the spotlight..im not tryin to make excuses or anything or take anything away from shogun but lyoto didnt seem as aggresive in that fight..Im lookin forward to shogun/machida 2..

You forget that Machida was aggressive for 2 fights ... on the whole he is not an offensive fighter. I think we saw the old Machida.

I think if Shogun couldn't beat Machida with his well thought out gameplan' date=' he doesn't stand a chance when Machida is the one coming in with a whole new gameplan.

I could see Machida finishing this fight fairly early.[/quote']

^^this

The thing with Shogun and all the Chutebox fighters is what you see is what you get. He is damn good at what he does but what he does never changes. Machida has the background, ability, and trainer to come in with a different plan all together and now that he has faced Shogun once, regardless of what you think of that decision, he will come with a winning answer to the questions Shogun posed before.

^^this

The thing with Shogun and all the Chutebox fighters is what you see is what you get. He is damn good at what he does but what he does never changes. Machida has the background' date=' ability, and trainer to come in with a different plan all together and now that he has faced Shogun once, regardless of what you think of that decision, he will come with a winning answer to the questions Shogun posed before.[/quote']

+ 1

I totally agree.

^^this

The thing with Shogun and all the Chutebox fighters is what you see is what you get. He is damn good at what he does but what he does never changes. Machida has the background' date=' ability, and trainer to come in with a different plan all together and now that he has faced Shogun once, regardless of what you think of that decision, he will come with a winning answer to the questions Shogun posed before.[/quote']

Yeah but you know what. Shogun has excellent standup, very good ground game, iron chin, and he can also brawl. And these are pretty much all aspects of the fight game. So I actually dont get this "he is always the same" he is great anywhere the fight goes.

Its actually Machida that has been the same in every fight and although we havent seen much of Machidas ground game I suspect it isnt as good as Shoguns as he was avoiding it like a plague in their first fight. I bealive that Machida will come much better prepared but so will Shogun. Anyone can come out the winner out of their rematch but I think Shogun will and just beacuse he has more tools at his disposal. And the thing that Machida usually enyoys is the speed against other opponents, hence he is such a good counterstriker. But the difference with the Shogun is that he is just as fast if not faster.

Archived