Mark Coleman 6 % really ?

MAIA1

Come on peeps surely Coleman deserves more credit than this. Hell im not saying he is going to win but I believe he has a legitimate shot. Matching these guys up on paper stat for stat will surely favour Couture but thats not how the fight game works.

Please keep your "Coleman is ****, look at the Shogun fight" replies to yourself... Im just saying.

Couture is a prime example that favourites dont always win.

I truly think alot of new fans don't know who Mark Coleman is, or maybe all they know is him being the first Heavyweight champ so clearly he's too old yada yada yada.

Not the case though. I give him more credit then 6%. This fight will come down to gameplan/conditioning though. If Couture can keep the fight standing and against the cage, as well as stay the heck away from Colemans double leg, then he should walk away with the W. Coleman on the other hand has ground and pound a notch higher then Couture's, and if he lands his double leg and mounts Randy, thats a W situation right there too.

55/45

the only real advantage coleman has is strength. He is a beast, but Couture is just much smarter than Coleman, and it will show in his stand up and wrestling. Plus Coleman's gas tank isn't great. The only real difference between Couture and Coleman is strength and intelligence. Other than that Coleman's just a beefy couture, which means we will see a HOF worthy hug-out to give couture the decision. Heart says coleman, head says couture.

Couture has at least developed his skill set since his early days of UFC. Coleman is the very definition of 1 dimensional wrestler still.

I think Coleman has better wrestling than Couture. I heard he beat Couture in a pure wrestling match way back in 89'

Having said that. I do hope Coleman wins. If Couture wins, he'll be fast tracked to a title shot for about the 5th time in his career. I'm getting sick of the fan bandwagon that keeps fast tracking him to title shots.

There's no way Coleman will get a title shot if he wins.

This could be a serious hug fest, of pinning each other up against the cage and both being gassed midway through the 2nd round. A close decision, that the judges will give to Couture, just because the fans like him, then a title shot where he'll get flattened in the first round.

Come on peeps surely Coleman deserves more credit than this. Hell im not saying he is going to win but I believe he has a legitimate shot. Matching these guys up on paper stat for stat will surely favour Couture but thats not how the fight game works.

Please keep your "Coleman is ****' date=' look at the Shogun fight" replies to yourself... Im just saying.

Couture is a prime example that favourites dont always win.[/quote']

It's just a poll, not actual betting odds. It's not what the chances are someone has to win but who people think will win. If you think Coleman is going to win then you are in the 6 percent, if not then you're in the 94 percent and are contradicting your own post.

I'm a big Couture fan (but I'm going to be unbiased here). Coleman looked very good against Bonnar... however Couture is a completly different beast... even at 46. Let's face it... he canceled out Brock's wrestling in that fight... and perhaps in a rematch could even beat him (he may not be the favorite but if he lands the right shot he possibly could)... he looked very good against Nogueira (if it was a 5 round fight who knows how that would have played out)... and he dominated Vera with his wrestling.

In Couture's past 3 fights he's fought two of the best heavyweights in the world... dropped down to LHW and fought won of the top prospects (and top muay thai strikers) in that division... and completly dominated him in the clinch.

Coleman's performance against Bonnar isn't convincing enough for me to think that he really has a 50/50 chance against Couture. Couture is 46 and is still a top mixed martial artist, in top condition, who has evolved over his many years in the sport, and has amazing cardio.

Even if Coleman was to get Couture on his back (which is going to be no easy task)... I think he'd gas out.. and Couture would be able get back to his feet. By the end of the first round Coleman is going to be completly drained... and Randy is going to be able to ground and pound him to a victory......

No disrespect to Coleman... I'm sure he's going to put his heart and soul into this fight... but Randy has fight IQ of a 46 year old... with the cardio of a 26 year old....

i agree. i think it's a 50/50 shot between couture and coleman. just because couture looked terrible against vera and coleman looked outstanding against bonnar. it's a toss up IMO

its not that couture performed terrible he executed a game plan that looked boring,as did rashad against thiago,i think couture might win but by no means coleman should be counted out...should be intersting otherwise

Perhaps I'll lose but I am rooting for him but I still have a chance to win. I really think Coleman is working hard for this fight' date=' he needs this win. If he just improves his cardio he'd be better. But Coleman isn't known for the best cardio.. Maybe make the bet $50.. :)[/quote']

honestly Colemans cardio will be lucky to get him to the point they touch gloves... half way though the first round coleman is gonna wish he never made that contract to come back to the UFC

yes becaqsue 4 posts on this sugject are not enough... you needed to add another one.... damn its nice to know people know how to make threads... if only they could read them as well
how come in every thread i go into this guy complains about how this thread was already made? dude you need to calm down with that its really annoying

Perhaps I'll lose but I am rooting for him but I still have a chance to win. I really think Coleman is working hard for this fight' date=' he needs this win. If he just improves his cardio he'd be better. But Coleman isn't known for the best cardio.. Maybe make the bet $50.. :)[/quote']

You could honestly put down $15 on Coleman and the +300 odds would cover the $45 PPV. Sweet deal.

Archived