why was sokoudjou cut?

mugga17

when was the last time he beat someone worth beating? i dont follow him all that much but from what i know, he lost to sobral and lost to mousasi, and had a fight at that new years eve event in Japan, not sure if he won that or not. if he can work on his cardio and his heart (he gave up vs Mousasi) and put together a few wins he'll be back.

I wish I could defend Minowa, but I can't. Regardless, Minowa is all heart when he fights. He may not be the best but he is out there to put on a show and I'm always up to seeing Minowa try to overcome the odds. And really, the Super Hulk tournament was about overcoming odds for Minowa. He was outsized in all his matches and still came up with wins.

WAR MINOWAMAN!

As far as Sokoudjou goes, the guy needs to work on two things. One, Cardio! The guy gasses super fast. The second thing he needs to develop is a ground game. Remember, he only has two notable wins, Arona and Little Nog. He would have to put together a string of wins before he ever came back to the UFC.

when was the last time he beat someone worth beating? i dont follow him all that much but from what i know' date=' he lost to sobral and lost to mousasi, and had a fight at that new years eve event in Japan, not sure if he won that or not. if he can work on his cardio and his heart (he gave up vs Mousasi) and put together a few wins he'll be back.[/quote']

He lost the new years fight too

He was cut due to losing several bouts in a row. I believe he lost to Luis Cane and Lyoto Machida.

He's really fast, and strong, but honestly, he really needs to learn to utilize his abilities more. He's known for his judo takedowns, but always wants to slug things out. While that is great and dandy, he's packing as much muscle as Manhoef, and you gas out when your muscles constantly need air to keep them moving. If he was a more crafty fighter he take his opponents down, when he sees that he is beginning to wear thin, and use some ground and pound. I mean, his striking is okay, but as Luis Cane proved, you just weather the storm with Sokoudjou, and then pounce him when he's gassed. They wouldn't be able to do that if he was able to use the takedown as a time for a breather, and he has EXCELLENT takedowns.

I'm sure he'll continue to improve, but he definitely needs to get a good ground game going, which he should have as he is trained by Henderson.

i thought he had potential to be good. hes only 25. why are other fighters allowed to stink it up in octagon but others are cut so quick?

dollar amounts. sign someone like sokoudjou for good money....he doesn't perform as expected, so it doesn't make sense to keep paying him the same larger amount if people don't want to watch him lose.

Archived