Jose Aldo to join UFC's LW Division???

K_Gore

Ha.. just kidding. I thought it would be interesting to see wich WEC vs UFC match up would the fans most likely wanna see. Me personally Id say Jose Aldo vs Bj Penn. I know Penn seems unbeatable right now, but I think Jose would give him the best run for his money.

WEC was created as a talent pool' date=' when someone is good enough to be in the UFC they are plucked from WEC. So when someone is plucked from WEC then you can discuss stuff like vs in the UFC because they will be in the UFC.[/quote']

nice theory except 155 is the only division in WEC that is also in the UFC. it was like that, but the UFC already stole those divisions from the WEC. I don't get why they didn't do the same to 155, WEC 155 is pretty weak. Cerrone, B. Henderson, and Varner would be interesting for Fight Nights and under cards.

not completely true' date=' and WEC fighters can hang with UFC fighters you must be crazy[/quote']

You do know that most of their fighters aren't in the weight class as UFC right? The LW division is the only division that the two share. And I'm sorry, but the WEC LWs are nowhere near as good as the UFC LWs. Go to any mma ranking and you'll see that they don't even crack the top 10. I would say they aren't even top 15.

Now, if you are talking about Faber, Brown, and Aldo moving up in weight. The would automatically be at a disadvantage due to them naturally being smaller than the other LWs. I think they could be decent but you won't know until they move up. Not everyone can be a Hendo or Anderson Silva in gaining weight. Sometimes you just end up like BJ and not being big enough.

Yeah I know that. They got the bantamweight and the featherweight. And Im not talking about just lightwieghts here Im talking about there fighters in general. As far as Faber, Brown, and Aldo. They are the same 5'6", 5'7" build as most of the LWs. So I don't really see you how they are any smaller other than their weight of what 10lbs.

Archived