Why do so many people think Rashad sucks?

Buds

Really, showboating aside, what is it that makes Rashad a crappy fighter?

Way too much Rashad hating going on in the forums right now, people trying to discredit his wins, saying he's got a glass chin, saying he's just lucky and not skilled, saying he never deserved to be champ, etc.

I'm sure it's just because of his last performance that people are suddenly freaking out, but what exactly did Thiago Silva do in that fight that was so great that made Rashad look so bad? To me it looked like a pretty solid gameplan and it earned him in the victory. No matter how you look at it, Rashad dominated the first two rounds, plain and simple. Does Thiago Silva really deserve the win for finally landing a punch halfway through the third round?

I don't care if you hate Rashad, but to call him a bad fighter is the same as calling yourself a complete **** who knows absolutely nothing about mma.

People have opinions. Don't be so sensitive because a lot of people dislike your boy.

I have never had respect for him since he was on TUF the first time. The second time just got rediculous with him talking smack to Rampage. Who has rashad fought and beaten besides Chuck Liddell. He finally fights a dangerous guy in his prime and he LNP. He's lucky because he got his title shot when Forrest had it.

I like Forrest but he's not one of the top LHW IMO.

Rashad is a punk and looked scared out there against Thiago. Everybody has those fighters that they just can't stand and for a lot of people it's Rashad. It started for me way back and If it started for a lot of people because of his last performance then so be it. Rashad will get KO'd by Rampage in a much more vicious fashion than Lyoto did. After this watch for his sharp decline.

Simple answer is because he does!

As far as I am concerned the only thing Rashad ever had going for him was when he told Matt "Who Am I From The Bible" Hughes to take a walk on TUF. But then he went and punked out and sucked up to the little tyrant when he needed him so he blew it in my eyes.

Anyway, he has managed to look good against poor opposition, fair against tough opposition, and poor against the top opposition. He has a good publicity push behind him but he just rubs me the wrong way. Take away Greg Jackson and Evans is nothing.

rashad's a decent fighter, not a good fighter or even close to a great fighter, but he is a decent fighter, but like GSP he is simply going to use his wrestling to keep staying in the win column until another title shot comes and then he'll lose again. he is just not that well rounded, and honestly it looks like he has been getting a little scared recently

When the uneducated don't see a standup war/knockouts and they see a wrestler controlling the pace and where the fight takes place they get bored.

It will still take alot of time for new fans to realize the different styles and how effective they can be when used properly.

Sure it may be boring to some, but to technically and effectively keep someone on the ground and control them is a great thing to watch. Just as great as it is to see Machida's Karate, BJ's Boxing, A.Silva's Muay Thai, Karo's Judo (really hoping he pulls himself together and fights somewhere again) or in this case Rashad's Wrestling.

Alot of people complained about Couture's last bout but he controlled that fight with Greco and no matter the Wrestling style for some reason people are having a problem with what the Wrestlers in the UFC truly can do, #1 being Brock Lesnar, his control on the ground is just scary to think of.

Any fighter with solid wrestling is a treat to watch in my books.

People have opinions. Don't be so sensitive because a lot of people dislike your boy.

I have never had respect for him since he was on TUF the first time. The second time just got rediculous with him talking smack to Rampage. Who has rashad fought and beaten besides Chuck Liddell. He finally fights a dangerous guy in his prime and he LNP. He's lucky because he got his title shot when Forrest had it.

Rashad is a punk and looked scared out there against Thiago. Everybody has those fighters that they just can't stand and for a lot of people it's Rashad. It started for me way back and If it started for a lot of people because of his last performance then so be it. Rashad will get KO'd by Rampage in a much more vicious fashion than Lyoto did. After this watch for his sharp decline.

I dont think Rashad looked scared against Thiago. I think once Rashad knew he was winning the fight, He just got extreamly cautious not to make a mistake because he wants to whoop Rampage and knew he needed to first win against Thiago to even get a shot at Rampage

As far as I am concerned the only thing Rashad ever had going for him was when he told Matt "Who Am I From The Bible" Hughes to take a walk on TUF. But then he went and punked out and sucked up to the little tyrant when he needed him so he blew it in my eyes.

Anyway' date=' he has managed to look good against poor opposition, fair against tough opposition, and poor against the top opposition. He has a good publicity push behind him but he just rubs me the wrong way. Take away Greg Jackson and Evans is nothing.[/quote']

So your saying that Liddell and Griffin are poor opposition. You have no clue.

Rashad is a great fighter.. his game plan against Machida was **** and executed poorly.. He is a fantastic wrestler, which is why he fought T. Silva the way he did to show everyone that he still had the wrestling skills... over the past 2 years Evans has gained very good striking skills... He has beaten Bonnar, Jardine, Bisbing, liddell, forrest griffin, and lately Thiago Silva... Evans is a great athlete and a superb fighter... stop hatin on him cause he has a personality!!

My point is that in UFC the 2 toughest fights Rashad had was Machida (lost by KO) and Thiago (poor performance based on laying Thiago and almost getting Ko again !!)

Machida is in a different league than mostly everyone... as for the silva fight... Thiago hadnt hurt him or caught him with anything til the 3rd round.. evans was trying to prove a point which was that he can still wrestle and he basically controlled the entire fight and decided where he wanted to fight, whether it was the ground or on the feet

IMO, when you call yourself "Suga" you raise expectations in the minds of fans. It's not a nickname like any other nickname. It implies "Cream de la Creme." Though Evans has a fine record, he hasn't achieved that level of greatness, and I think that has something to do with how some fans feel about him.

IMO' date=' [b']when you call yourself "Suga" you raise expectations in the minds of fans. [/b] It's not a nickname like any other nickname. It implies "Cream de la Creme." Though Evans has a fine record, he hasn't achieved that level of greatness, and I think that has something to do with how some fans feel about him.

Shane Nelson uses that nickname.

because he rubs his ******* and grabs his johnson in the cage....hes a moron' date=' im so sad thiago didnt finish him[/quote']

This is just a waste of a post. Why do people disrespect fighters? All the training and work they do to make money and put on a show.

Anyway' date=' he has managed to look good against poor opposition, fair against tough opposition, and poor against the top opposition. He has a good publicity push behind him but he just rubs me the wrong way. Take away Greg Jackson and Evans is nothing.[/quote']

Yea Evans is nothing but a fighter whos 19-1

IMO' date=' when you call yourself "[b']Suga[/b]" you raise expectations in the minds of fans. It's not a nickname like any other nickname. It implies "Cream de la Creme." Though Evans has a fine record, he hasn't achieved that level of greatness, and I think that has something to do with how some fans feel about him.

Suga=Sugar. Have you ever heard of "Sugar" Ray Robinson, "Sugar" Ray Leonard? Classic boxers. No, 19-1-1 isn't a bad record. It's pretty "sweet" actually.

I wouldn't say he has a glass chin by any means. He's faced some hard hitters. Getting knocked out by Lyoto is nothing to be ashamed of. Oh, and btw, I think it's well known that Rampage ducked Lyoto, cause he knew he'd get KTFO.

I don't think Rashad sucks, but I think he is overrated. I mean beating Chuck Liddell, when it's obvious that Chuck is past his prime (Why on earth is he back to fighting again???? This is gonna be another case like Ken Shamrock). I wouldn't rank Rashad as a top ten LHW. I think he would probably take the 12th spot. He's just too small, show boats, and really doesn't have good standup. Not that he sucks, just that he is the type of fighter to garner a decision win. If he fought Shogun, Jon Jones, heck, even Rich Franklin, I think he'd lose.

^ +10000 about horrible stand up skills. rashads stand up game consists of walking forward while throwing punches with his head bobbing from side to side. ive seen him throw maybe a few kicks and those were very weak. which is exactly why Machida picked him apart so effortlessly. hes as predictable as a wind up toy. which is exactly why machida picked him apart so effortlessly.

his behavior on TUF showed his true colors as a person as well. constantly running his mouth on rampage- almost always from across the room or as he was going around the corner- typical of a ****y punk. i used to think Leben was the biggest ****** in the UFC until i saw rashad on TUF. now he has that throne all to himself. it was funny as hell seeing rashad getting all pissed after the volleyball game when dana "threw rampage a bone". " um but, uh but Dana, he didnt win....?" man that was great.

as far as rampage vs rashad its a no brainer. the door at the TUF gym stood a better chance of beating Rampage in a fight than rashad ever will. id be seriously surpised if rashad ever gets a title fight again. ( the knockout of chuck was a fluke, more chucks mistake than rashads fighting ability)

we all know he wont ever drop down to 185 , cause he knows that road leads straight to Silva and yet another embarrasing ( if not MMA career ending) loss. we all know his defeat at the hands of Machida SERIOUSLY deflated his ego. im surprised i didnt see a bicycle pump in rashads car, cause it was seriously inflated through the whole show.

hell my dad doesnt even watch MMA, came in the room durring one of the confrontations between rashad and Rampage and said to me "that short black guy with the chineese lookin eyes is gonna get his head ripped off by the other guy if he doesnt shut the hell up"

Suga=Sugar. Have you ever heard of "Sugar" Ray Robinson' date=' "Sugar" Ray Leonard? Classic boxers. No, 19-1-1 isn't a bad record. It's pretty "sweet" actually.[/quote']Thanks for stating the obvious, Doctor Obviously. Robinson and Leonard are, of course, who I was referring to when I suggested the nickname had a great legacy.

Thanks for spelling it out, even if you don't see the point.

Anyone that says he isnt talented is ignorant, he has great wrestling and GnP, he has quick and powerful hands that i think he isnt going to be using much after his fight with Machida, i dislike him, i dont hate any fighters (except Junie), i think the reason is that his showboating overshadows his skills, well thats why i dont like him. He is also over hyped, he isnt on the level of Shogun, Machida or Mousasi. I think he should go to 185

I wouldn't say he has a glass chin by any means. He's faced some hard hitters. Getting knocked out by Lyoto is nothing to be ashamed of. Oh' date=' and btw, I think it's well known that Rampage ducked Lyoto, cause he knew he'd get KTFO.

I don't think Rashad sucks, but I think he is overrated. I mean beating Chuck Liddell, when it's obvious that Chuck is past his prime (Why on earth is he back to fighting again???? This is gonna be another case like Ken Shamrock). I wouldn't rank Rashad as a top ten LHW. I think he would probably take the 12th spot. He's just too small, show boats, and really doesn't have good standup. Not that he sucks, just that he is the type of fighter to garner a decision win. If he fought Shogun, Jon Jones, heck, even Rich Franklin, I think he'd lose.[/quote']

out of curiosity who are the 11 LHW above him?

I think hes a great fighter. I just dont like it when fighters constantly go for takedowns and do no damage when they get the takedown, as Evans did in the Silva fight. He dangerous in all aspects of fighting. Great wrestling, BJJ Black Belt, and dangerous striking.

IMO' date=' when you call yourself "Suga" you raise expectations in the minds of fans. It's not a nickname like any other nickname. It implies "Cream de la Creme." Though Evans has a fine record, he hasn't achieved that level of greatness, and I think that has something to do with how some fans feel about him.[/quote']

really...way to look too deep into a nick name bud....good lord

Finally someone who agrees with me. Rashad was doing what Tito used to do when he held the belt, fight all the average fighters while Chuck fought all the tough guys. Like I say, Rashad ain't gonna beat any top contendors. I don't look at Thiago as a likely top contendor anyway but what did Rashad do when he took him down over and over? Not a damn thing. People have gotten mad at my posts but I can tell when someone has a good skill set and Rashad doesn't at the top level, he is just lucky. Even Bisbing beat his **** and won that fight in my opinion, then Forest whipped his **** for two rounds until his corner told him to grab Forests leg which he did and then got a lucky punch in and even that took awhile. He don't have what it takes and never will.

Rashad ain't **** and you just outlined why.

hes has the luckyies draw ever... he won a few fights he should of not becasue of his ability but becasue of luck... like forrest breaking his had' date=' Tito holding the fence for a draw.. fighting many cans[/quote']

You said it perfectly, thats why I call him Rashad lucky man Evans.

really...way to look too deep into a nick name bud....good lord
That's deep?? Good lord.

Nicknames are only nicknames, but sometimes they can make a difference in the minds of fans. For instance, I remember when a surprising number of folks had a problem with Ali describing himself as "The Greatest."

IMO, if you're going to call yourself something flattering, you had better deliver. Otherwise you're setting yourself up for criticism. Ali delivered. So did Robinson. So did Leonard. Evans...not so much.

I dont think Rashad looked scared against Thiago. I think once Rashad knew he was winning the fight' date=' He just got extreamly cautious not to make a mistake because he wants to whoop Rampage and knew he needed to first win against Thiago to even get a shot at Rampage[/quote']

Only for that reason I am glad he won, cause now we can watch a real skilled fighter, Rampage, destroy his mouth and showboating antics for good.

Rashad did nothing against either Chuck or Forest other than get (one) lucky punch. Prior to that' date=' he was getting his **** whipped, period, were you blind?[/quote']

So all of Rashad's wins were luck? Knocking your opponent unconscious is all about luck, right? Since Rashad hit Chuck before Chuck hit Rashad, it was LUCK? Since Rashad beat Forrest Griffin in the 3rd round via T(KO) it was just lucky that he made it to the 3rd round?

Maybe when Rashad is showboating he's really just rubbing that lucky clover in his bicycle shorts, eh?

Archived