Dana blames Mayweather for ruining Pacquiao fight

freedom

http://fightmarks.com/story.php?title=dana-white-ldquoi-think-floyd-mayweather-blew-this-fightrdquo

UFC president Dana White went on another verbal assault yesterday as he blamed Floyd Mayweather for ruining a blockbuster match with Manny Pacquiao.

?I think something happened to Floyd in his last fight, something wasn?t there that used to be there, something weird. I truly believe his legacy means more to him than money does,? White said of Mayweather.

Many people had blamed Pacquiao for his unwillingness to agree to Olympic-style drug testing up until two weeks before the fight, however White states that boxing fans should be pointing the finger at Money.

?Me and Floyd go way back ? I think [Floyd] blew this fight,? White said. ?When another fighter starts dictating a drug test, first of all Pacquiao?s never tested positive for any drug but Floyd?s going to make him go through drug testing? That?s ridiculous.?

This is clearly a cheap shot from Dana regardless of who is to blame. Do you see baseball coaches commenting on football? Do you see Hockey coaches commenting on basketball? The point is Dana has nothing to do with the boxing world, he is the UFC, so what is his motive in saying this? I believe it is to get back at Mayweather.

This is clearly a cheap shot from Dana regardless of who is to blame. Do you see baseball coaches commenting on football? Do you see Hockey coaches commenting on basketball? The point is Dana has nothing to do with the boxing world' date=' he is the UFC, so what is his motive in saying this? I believe it is to get back at Mayweather.[/quote']

Dana is a fan of boxing. He use to be a boxer and still loves the sport. He said he would never put a the UFC up against Pac/Mayweather. He would want to attend that event. Second, Boxing is a competitor to MMA and it's no different then a company commenting on a competiting company.

I don't see it as a cheap shot at all, and even if it is, he is completely right. Mayweather was just looking for any excuse not to fight Pac. I personally had Mayweather winning the fight even though I would want Pac to. I really hope this tarnishes the legacy of Mayweather. I hope he goes down in history as the fighter that ducks competition. Let's face it, Pac is the current best p4p boxer. Pac's star is shinning much brighter right now than Mayweather.

I just love how anti-mayweather the media is, first it was mayweather is scared why doesn't he fight baldomir or de la hoya and now this...

I think dana was a little bit out of line with his comments because end of the day mayweather has nothing to prove, lets not forget mayweathers domination in his last fight to an opponent that gave pac-man a real scare and who many believe won their first fight.

Also, if anything I believe pacquiao is more at fault for not getting this fight done, I mean if I though my opponent was on steroids I would want olympic style testing (not saying in any way that manny is ofcourse). All in all but I do believe that if this fight does take place and mayweather wins then it will leave no doubt that he is up there with the top p4p bovers of all time.

This is clearly a cheap shot from Dana regardless of who is to blame. Do you see baseball coaches commenting on football? Do you see Hockey coaches commenting on basketball? The point is Dana has nothing to do with the boxing world' date=' he is the UFC, so what is his motive in saying this? I believe it is to get back at Mayweather.[/quote']

He OWNED a boxing training facility up in Boston, so maybe do some research before you belt out opinionated idiocies, he probly knows more about boxing than he does MMA , why do you think the UFC has weight classes now, as in the early days it was some 300 pounder vs 150 pounder, he's taken the format and just tweeked some things, but its from his days of boxing.

to be honest i think they both are a little scared, mayweather went 40 fights and never asked for any type of testing changes, the nevada state commision tests(which pac-man agreed to) are pretty thorough and would catch any type of usage within a timeframe that would affect the fight

on the other hand, pacquiao is not scared of needles, he has tattoos, and two weeks is plenty of time to recover from a simple blood sample, it usually takes around 4 hours to do that, unless he has ideological or religious differences, which he says he does not, why would you decline a chance to solidify yourself as the best boxer on the planet and deposit that 30 mil?

bottom line, they would both rather be arguably the best fighter in the world and have an argument against it than risk losin the title of "the best" all together

He OWNED a boxing training facility up in Boston' date=' so maybe do some research before you belt out opinionated idiocies, he probly knows more about boxing than he does MMA , why do you think the UFC has weight classes now, as in the early days it was some 300 pounder vs 150 pounder, he's taken the format and just tweeked some things, but its from his days of boxing.[/quote']

I was already aware of all that you mentioned and still stand behind my statement. Dana speaks out about to much that is none of his business.

to be honest i think they both are a little scared' date=' mayweather went 40 fights and never asked for any type of testing changes, the nevada state commision tests(which pac-man agreed to) are pretty thorough and would catch any type of usage within a timeframe that would affect the fight

on the other hand, pacquiao is not scared of needles, he has tattoos, and two weeks is plenty of time to recover from a simple blood sample, it usually takes around 4 hours to do that, unless he has ideological or religious differences, which he says he does not, why would you decline a chance to solidify yourself as the best boxer on the planet and deposit that 30 mil?

bottom line, they would both rather be arguably the best fighter in the world and have an argument against it than risk losin the title of "the best" all together[/quote']

To my understanding, there could be testing just days before the fight. And really, this testing is unecessary. If you want to catch someone doing steroids you do it while they are training. Taking steroids the week of a fight won't do much for a fighter. Steroids are there to help you recover faster during training. Any user that knows his stuff would be able to cycle off of steroids by the week of fights.

To me, test now and randomly up to the month of the fight. Test immediately after the fight to be sure nothing was taken during and that should fulfill all questions.

im not sayin dana was not out of line,your right, its none of his business, he should be happy it fell through they didnt schedule it on the 27 and ruin his ppv, and the nevada state tests are randomly throughout training the last one is just two weeks before the fight, there are four tests all together, if it was one test everyone would shoot up

I was already aware of all that you mentioned and still stand behind my statement. Dana speaks out about to much that is none of his business.

im not sayin dana was not out of line' date='your right, its none of his business, he should be happy it fell through they didnt schedule it on the 27 and ruin his ppv, and the nevada state tests are randomly throughout training the last one is just two weeks before the fight, there are four tests all together, if it was one test everyone would shoot up[/quote']

um, you do know that this was an interview on the fly, right?? he didn't call a press conference and let loose. he was asked a question, and gave his opinion. kinda like all of us guys. As far as do we see hockey coaches giving info on football?? ya we do. when a reporter asks coaches questions about things other than their respective sport, they answer. I guess it should all be "sorry, no comment, I have no opinion on that matter untill such time as I have entered and am involved in that sport."

Archived