Bringing street fighters off the streets to the ufc

redmanblood

Good Idea or no ? Just because you don't spend half of your life training doesn't mean you won't do good in the octagon . I know tons of people who are gsps and rashad evans size (who never trained in there life )that can totally mutilate this guys in the ring. I even witnessed one fight last year where some regular street fighter (no special training) got into a brawl with some guy who trained in muai thai bjj and kick boxing. We tried to tell the street fighter guy don't mess with him because he was specialized in all those things but we were shocked when the street fighter guy beat the p!ss out of him .

Good Idea or no ? Just because you don't spend half of your life training doesn't mean you won't do good in the octagon . I know tons of people who are gsps and rashad evans size (who never trained in there life )that can totally mutilate this guys in the ring. I even witnessed one fight last year where some regular street fighter (no special training) got into a brawl with some guy who trained in muai thai bjj and kick boxing. We tried to tell the street fighter guy don't mess with him because he was specialized in all those things but we were shocked when the street fighter guy beat the p!ss out of him .

a street fight is differnt then an MMA fight... to even hint that they are teh same is just a show of ignorance... and just becasue someone is training as a stand up fighter doesn't mean he will do well in a street fight because the reality is nearly every street fight goes to the ground at some point... i would put money on a wrestler or submission fighter in a street fight long before putting money on a striker

a street fight is differnt then an MMA fight... to even hint that they are teh same is just a show of ignorance... and just becasue someone is training as a stand up fighter doesn't mean he will do well in a street fight because the reality is nearly every street fight goes to the ground at some point... i would put money on a wrestler or submission fighter in a street fight long before putting money on a striker

how is it different if its them 2 fighting and no one is eye gouging head stomping and all that other nonsense that is illegal in the octagon . the only difference is there not fighting in the ring

Maybe, but that was one incident. I think its a great idea to bring guys in that have been fighting all their lifes in the street, but only after they have their bjj or muy thai ect.... Everyone knows their are guys out there that love to fight. But should they be thrown into the UFC tomorrow? HELL NAH

I train moderatly, more or less teaching my kids submissions and actually coach wrestling, I've also been in a ****load of street fights. Bottom line is the wrestler will always win. Beat **** out of plenty of black belt this and black belt that, and other chumps who assume they can fight cause they knocked their sister out once. Good standup means **** if your on your back getting your face bashed in.

A fighter would NEVER go from the streets to the UFC as far as I could see, but there's no reason why a street fighter can't enrole themselves into some sort of lower mma organisation like when Kimbo went to EliteXC or whatever it was called. At least this way they can work themselves into the UFC, again like Kimbo did.

Big difference between being trained in Muay Thai/BJJ/Kickboxing and being a world champion.

ur kidding right?? go and train boxing/kickboxing or any kind of martial arts for a while and then have a match with a ref and the whole nine yards. Then go try getting in a street fight and tell me if they are the same. From a few experiences i have had there is a big diffrence in street fighting and fighting in a ring or cage.

As good as Kimbo?

That guy he fought, I would bet anything to say he had a losing amateur record. Obviously if Lesnar got in a street fight he would murder the other guy, same with Rampage, BJ, Anderson, Frank Edgar, Vitor, basically any decent MMA fighter.

I have fought in a ring as well as had my decent share of bar fights, street brawls ect, and they are completely different. One is a controlled environment the other is completely unpredictable where anything really can happen. Put most street fighters in a ring with anyone half decent and they are gonna get whooped. But at the same time, you throw a trained fighter in a bar brawl and they can get KTFO just like anyone else because it takes away all the control of when, how the fight will start ect.

I have fought in a ring as well as had my decent share of bar fights' date=' street brawls ect, and they are completely different. One is a controlled environment the other is completely unpredictable where anything really can happen. Put most street fighters in a ring with anyone half decent and they are gonna get whooped. But at the same time, you throw a trained fighter in a bar brawl and they can get KTFO just like anyone else because it takes away all the control of when, how the fight will start ect.[/quote']

I agree I don't care how good at wrestling or any martial art you are, what are you going to do when a beer bottle is broke over your head and a pool stick is jammed up your rear end.

I agree I don't care how good at wrestling or any martial art you are' date=' what are you going to do when a beer bottle is broke over your head and a pool stick is jammed up your rear end.[/quote']

actually if the bottle breaks it does not hurt as much as if it does not break

I think bringing street fighters to the UFC would be good, Ken and Ryu could deffo pull their weight i think it'll be a little harder for Dana to setup a Women's division so it'll take a while for Chun-Li and Cammy to get in. Still would be good for the sport though.

i think bringing street fighters to the ufc would be good' date=' ken and ryu could deffo pull their weight i think it'll be a little harder for dana to setup a women's division so it'll take a while for chun-li and cammy to get in. Still would be good for the sport though.[/quote']

win!

• 2 months later...
I train moderatly' date=' more or less teaching my kids submissions and actually coach wrestling, I've also been in a ****load of street fights. Bottom line is the wrestler will always win. Beat **** out of plenty of black belt this and black belt that, and other chumps who assume they can fight cause they knocked their sister out once. Good standup means **** if your on your back getting your face bashed in.[/quote']

This is wrong kids.

A striker is better matched in a street fight becuase if it goes to the ground the striker will bite, pinch and gouge also there is a good chance his freinds will stomp you out. You may cop a knee on the way down then have his teeth dig in your neck. Plus what is a wrestler going to do when someone goes to stomp on your head when you end up on your back from a nice 1-2 combo. It is important but striking FTW

how is it different if its them 2 fighting and no one is eye gouging head stomping and all that other nonsense that is illegal in the octagon . the only difference is there not fighting in the ring

The difference is if you put a street fighter with no training into a cage where the mixed martial artist has no worries of someone jumping in on his back or stabing him in the gut or hitting him over the head with a chair. In a street fight there are no rules only the strongest will survive not all MMA fighters are street fighters it can help but if I put you in an armbar what is to stop you from biting my leg on hiting me in the head with a rock. When an MMA fighter who is not a street fighter is in an environment that he can't control like a cage with to many factors he may choke. Take those same to guys and put them in a cage and unless the mixed martial artist in a poser I've got my money on him.

Plus you also have to factor in just becuase he trains in the arts doesnt mean he competes so he has more reason to freeze up. Just because you know how to fight doesn't mean you've got heart

• 2 weeks later...
Most people who fight are streets are way better than UFC fighters anyways. They know how to properly kick someone in the groin/poke eyes a lot more accurately than Koscheck' date=' so I don't see them really being able to hang at all.[/quote']

Archived