If there's a merger...

TJKerns

If the WEC merges with the UFC would any of you like to see an Ultimate Fighter: Bantamweight and Featherweight season?

The WEC merging with the UFC is something ive dreamed about for a long time and IF it actually did happen, setting up an Ultimate Fighter season around it would put a huge spotlight on the new weight divisions and cause some hype. What do you all think?

If they held out the same amount of fights both organizations do right now. I think they could spread out the cards more and have more events.

yeah in a sense. they could have a fight card per week, something like boxing and have friday night fights or whatever.

just recently I remember reading on mmajunkie that the merger just won't happen though.

and the WEC Q&A that just happened Bowles and Cruz both mentioned having the two organizations allows for the fighters in the WEC to shine and get their own exposure, and not be put to the depths of each division and get shunned due to the UFC fighter exposure so far, popularity rules as much as wins do these days.

I think it's better to have seperate organizations focusing on what they already do.

IF the WEC were to ever start falling into the pits, which I can't see how the fights are as entertaining as they come, then I could see it possible the UFC having to absorb the fighters and possibly the feather and bantam weights.

I just don't see the WEC failing with the types of fights constantly happening in those lower weight classes.

I wish they did TUF with those weight classes and the winner gets a 6 figure WEC fight contract. I mean they don't have to be merged to do it.

Versus/theScore would have to sponsor the show as Spike sponsors The Ultimate Fighter, its a TV contract deal you have to remember, that crap is sticky.

could be possible in the future to boost the WEC's ratings, although they are already getting higher, moving towards their first PPV in fact

Archived