One hit wonders

OriginalUFCFan

Pedro Rizzo comes to mind. He had some impressive wins over Tank Abbott and Tre Telligman but lost all three of his Championship matches and went downhill pretty quick.

I would probably disagree with you there. On top of those he also had impressive wins over josh barnett, TK and andrei arlovski. And less than impressive wins over coleman, rodriguez and monson. So he actually done alright for a fair while.

I would probably disagree with you there. On top of those he also had impressive wins over josh barnett' date=' TK and andrei arlovski. And less than impressive wins over coleman, rodriguez and monson. So he actually done alright for a fair while.[/quote']

True but after his last title shot against Couture he went more down that up.

Hmmm...

It's a very broad topic if you ask me because these fighters mentioned have had decent wins to their names in the past. So, by the very definition of "one hit wonder", the aforementioned fighters do not fall into the category. However, their brief success in the ring or cage can be considered as fleeting and a "flash in the pan" at best. I also happen to have a list of my own:

1. Keith Jardine

2. Stephen Bonnar

3. Cheik Congo

Brad kohler's KO of Steve Judson at UFC 22 was picture perfect and almost scary. When i saw that fight i thought "this guy is gonna go places in the heavyweight division". However since then his career has been very disappointing. Any other similar fighters come to mind?

agree,one of the most disturbing ko's i've seen.

i think eugene jackson and mark kerr is also a part of this.

agree' date='one of the most disturbing ko's i've seen.

i think eugene jackson and mark kerr is also a part of this.[/quote']

I don't know if you could call Kerr a one hitter. He was a big timer all around the world for some time, it was the dope that destroyed his body and kept him out of any success, especially in the UFC.

Fedor. He got 2 hits also. We must never count his droids days in PRIDE. As of now he has only 2 hits (Against Glass chin Arlovski & Untested Rogers) and will not go any places.

why am i not surprised that you have Brock as your avatar, after a stupid comment like that.

Archived