Fighters from the UK

RLP01

There are now some really good UK fighters in the UFC but why does it seem the main 3 Bisping,Hardyand Daley seem to be hated by fans in the U.S?

They dont talk any more rubbish that the fighters from the U.S but seem to be booed all the time how can they become respected in the U.S?

P.S Judo Jimmy Wallhead for the UFC!

i dont know maybe because alot of the fighters they are fighting have been in the ufc a while and have gathererd quite a fan base so its kinda obvious that people are gonna cheer who they like and boo the person they wanna lose.

but on this forum i have seen quite a few americans root for hardy and daley not so much bisping but i hate bisping too

mind you i am british well scottish (id like to make that noted lol) and i still hate bisping i dont have a reason i just do same with Anderson silva dont like him either no reason just dont

i dont know maybe because alot of the fighters they are fighting have been in the ufc a while and have gathererd quite a fan base so its kinda obvious that people are gonna cheer who they like and boo the person they wanna lose.

but on this forum i have seen quite a few americans root for hardy and daley not so much bisping but i hate bisping too

mind you i am british well scottish (id like to make that noted lol) and i still hate bisping i dont have a reason i just do same with Anderson silva dont like him either no reason just dont

I think thats fair! I dont mind Bisping but he didnt cover himself with glory on TUF!!!

I think Hardy didint help himself with the smack talk for the Davis fight but he is a black belt in TKD and thats what i love so i will support him no matter what!!

I hope Daley will be ok because everyone likes a knockout and thats what he does!!!!!!

Dont you think Terry Etim is to thin at lightweight?? He is still young but i think will have to move up soon!

Also for the record im scottish too!!!

Daley got booed in his last fight but I did love it when the crowd started chanting USA USA! and then Hazelett hit the mat.

Also, most of the people at UFC events are drunk (I should know) and get carried away with the whole national pride crap.

I think most knowledgeable MMA fans on here think the UK has some good prospects, but feel they have been given an easy ride so far.

Daley got booed in his last fight but I did love it when the crowd started chanting USA USA! and then Hazelett hit the mat.

Also' date=' most of the people at UFC events are drunk (I should know) and get carried away with the whole national pride crap.

I think most knowledgeable MMA fans on here think the UK has some good prospects, but feel they have been given an easy ride so far.[/quote']

I kind of agree but i think 3 or 4 fights prove that might be changeing. It's fair to say Bisping got easyer fights at the start but if you look as both of Daleys fights they were both top fighters Hardy just beat Swick who is also a top fighter.

And if you look at pearson and wilks first fights they were both top fighters so i think that they will not be getting easyer fights anymore! I think is you look at Terry Etim he hasnt been getting easy fights hes just getting paird up with fighters who are at the same level so i think its time he pused on!

Hardy is a great fighter. Semtex is great to watch. The chants of USA were funny......very original. then it it stopped all of a sudden lol.

Bisping seems like he has attention deficit disorder.

and Scotland does rule.

I'm surprised there aren't any Scottish fighters. Some tough bastards up there

I'm surprised there aren't any Scottish fighters. Some tough bastards up there

I have a friend who was going to go for the tryout for TUF11 at middleweight but he doesnt think he has enough experiance!!! I think mma is still just getting going here as a sport!

I kind of agree but i think 3 or 4 fights prove that might be changeing. It's fair to say Bisping got easyer fights at the start but if you look as both of Daleys fights they were both top fighters Hardy just beat Swick who is also a top fighter.

And if you look at pearson and wilks first fights they were both top fighters so i think that they will not be getting easyer fights anymore! I think is you look at Terry Etim he hasnt been getting easy fights hes just getting paird up with fighters who are at the same level so i think its time he pused on!

You're right it's definitely changing for the good. Etim has been quietly gaining kudos for some top subs. He will be one to watch in 2010.

Hardy has had some decent opponents but a lot of people think his title fight is premature by one or two fights. (personally i think he deserves the shot -- Swick would've got it if he'd won imo).

Bispings career in the UFC was started as a blatant advertising in UK campain, but I think he has earned respect from intelligent fans for his performances against Rashad and Kang.

Lots of TUF winners get put on a pedestal to bring in new fans so I don't know why Bisping takes all the flack. I'm sure we'll get a great response like 'he's a *********' or something like that.

You're right it's definitely changing for the good. Etim has been quietly gaining kudos for some top subs. He will be one to watch in 2010.

Hardy has had some decent opponents but a lot of people think his title fight is premature by one or two fights. (personally i think he deserves the shot -- Swick would've got it if he'd won imo).

Bispings career in the UFC was started as a blatant advertising in UK campain' date=' but I think he has earned respect from intelligent fans for his performances against Rashad and Kang.

Lots of TUF winners get put on a pedestal to bring in new fans so I don't know why Bisping takes all the flack. I'm sure we'll get a great response like 'he's a *********' or something like that.[/quote']

Yeah lots of people just seem to hate the man!!! I agree about Hardy because Swick is a top fighter but i think GSP might be to much hope im wrong though! Id like to see winner get a better fight next as that delgado is like a walking stick at that weight! Maybe he couls fight Stout or Fisher.

Yeah lots of people just seem to hate the man!!! I agree about Hardy because Swick is a top fighter but i think GSP might be to much hope im wrong though! Id like to see winner get a better fight next as that delgado is like a walking stick at that weight! Maybe he couls fight Stout or Fisher.

Don't think Winner is ready for Stout or Fisher. I would like to see him against someone like Cole Miller or Lauzon (who Stout just beat) to test his resistance to the ground game.

Would be interesting match ups for Pearson too.

Don't think Winner is ready for Stout or Fisher. I would like to see him against someone like Cole Miller or Lauzon (who Stout just beat) to test his resistance to the ground game.

Would be interesting match ups for Pearson too.

Yeah i think Lauzon would be a good fight because he would def be able to get winner down at some point i dont think Miller could because he likes to strike a bit so i think Winner would KO him.

As for Pearson well who knows that Riley is no joke and Pearson smashed him with no problem so i dont know who id like him to fight next.

There are now some really good UK fighters in the UFC but why does it seem the main 3 Bisping' date='Hardyand Daley seem to be hated by fans in the U.S?

They dont talk any more rubbish that the fighters from the U.S but seem to be booed all the time how can they become respected in the U.S?

P.S Judo Jimmy Wallhead for the UFC![/quote']

I'm from the uk and i dislike all of them because they're arrogant ar$seholes

no knives allowed in the UFC and also headbutting is a no no oh and kicking people in the head when they are down and being drunk while having a fight is out' date='this pretty much rules out scotts from UFC competition.[/quote']

Not all of us Scots are like the Neds/Chavs you know.

you guys forget about hathaway

True i did forget about hathaway! I think he is okish but needs to really go for the kill in the Taylor fight he just seemd to settle for the points. He is plenty young though so has a good future ahead.

Pretty sure he isn't a Brit' date=' and if he is we apologize for him on behalf of the country.[/quote']

HAHA I know, I dont hate the brits, I hate Bisbing, I like Hardy and Daley. Fish and Chips are amazing too. I think its just about patriotic pride. There are annoying disrespectfull fans from every country for every sport. It creates rivalries, and the fans help the rivalries get bigger by doing stuff like that. I loved the UK vs USA TUF, even tho the UK fighters pretty much destroyed the USA fighters.

HAHA I know' date=' I dont hate the brits, I hate Bisbing, I like Hardy and Daley. Fish and Chips are amazing too. I think its just about patriotic pride. There are annoying disrespectfull fans from every country for every sport. It creates rivalries, and the fans help the rivalries get bigger by doing stuff like that. I loved the UK vs USA TUF, even tho the UK fighters pretty much destroyed the USA fighters.[/quote']

Yeh most of us UK fans do it for the banter.

There are now some really good UK fighters in the UFC but why does it seem the main 3 Bisping' date='Hardyand Daley seem to be hated by fans in the U.S?

P.S Judo Jimmy Wallhead for the UFC![/quote']

Most if not all americans fans will want the home fighters to win so the booings expected, same thing will happen when the ufc is in the UK.

Adds to the atmosphere and the buzz on fight night imo.

I dont think any the brit fighters will be too botherd if there getting booed by american fans, as long as the home support is behind them they will be happy.

I personally dont like Bisping either but am going to be cheering for him no matter who he faces, UK all they way. Im Scottish also!

no knives allowed in the UFC and also headbutting is a no no oh and kicking people in the head when they are down and being drunk while having a fight is out' date='this pretty much rules out scotts from UFC competition.[/quote']

very true. and the weight cut may be difficult. Do you think they could lay off the deep fried mars bars long enough? :)

and people wonder why americans hate brittish fighters (and their fans).

well since the guy earlier said he had to look up english slang im thinking he’s not british but good luck with that whole jumping to conclusion thing you got going on.

No wonder some british fans think americans are morons

well since the guy earlier said he had to look up english slang im thinking he?s not british but good luck with that whole jumping to conclusion thing you got going on.

No wonder some british fans think americans are morons

HAHA I know' date=' I dont hate the brits, I hate Bisbing, I like Hardy and Daley. Fish and Chips are amazing too. I think its just about patriotic pride. There are annoying disrespectfull fans from every country for every sport. It creates rivalries, and the fans help the rivalries get bigger by doing stuff like that. I loved the UK vs USA TUF, even tho the UK fighters pretty much destroyed the USA fighters.[/quote']

^

Im goin to create an American Handbook that British ppl can learn from Rule #1) Poor Dental Hygeine is not cool #2) Don't take orders from a woman

Brits are just americans with poor hygiene.

^^^^

Both False.

Brits can't learn anything from Americans except how to be more ignorant and less polite.

Archived