Bobby Lashley vs. Fedor

Tonydixon2

Both are signed to Strikeforce if I'm not mistaken. I'm not saying Bobby Lashley deserves to fight or would beat Fedor for that matter but, I think this would be interesting none the least. It would be a popular fight and not saying Lashley's wrestling is as good as Brock's but, he is still a great wrestler and so far has used his wrestling well in his fights. Also he is close to Lesnar in size and possibly strength.

So it would in my opinion answer a lot of questions about the dream fight between Fedor and Lesnar. What do you guys think? (sorry if this has been talked about) :)

So it would in my opinion answer a lot of questions about the dream fight between Fedor and Lesnar.

I see where you are coming from, and it's a good idea, but the Brock fans will never be happy until Brock actually fights Fedor. If they do fight and Lashley is to win then the Brock fans will get all excited, but if Bob loses then they will say he isn't as good as Brock.

I think Bob will have to at least beat Overeem and Rogers before he gets to Fedor. I don't think strikeforce will put him in a title match after 4 fights like the UFC did with Brock.

Just My two cents.

Yeah you're probably right unless they just get desperate to get someone like Brock for them to further compete with the UFC which is unlikely I'm pretty sure Fedor will be fighting Werdum next.

Never know though if someone would have told me that Brock would have got a title shot after just beating Heath Herring a few years back I would have pissed myself laughing.

Lashley may become a fan favorite like Brock as well I'm sure he is got a lot of Pro wrestling fan base now like Brock. If his attitude becomes similar to someone like Cain or Carwin he really will be an anti-Brock haha

P.S thanks for not flaming me i try to be somewhat intelligent with my posts haha

Never know though if someone would have told me that Brock would have got a title shot after just beating Heath Herring a few years back I would have pissed myself laughing.

P.S thanks for not flaming me i try to be somewhat intelligent with my posts haha

No problem. I don't flame people.

I'm pretty sure Strikeforce will make Bobby Lashley work for his title shot. I'm not saying Brock sucks, I just think they should have gave him a few more fights before giving him a title shot.

No problem. I don't flame people.

I'm pretty sure Strikeforce will make Bobby Lashley work for his title shot. I'm not saying Brock sucks' date=' I just think they should have gave him a few more fights before giving him a title shot.[/quote']

Totally agree it's one of the sole reasons I can't appreciate him as a fighter. Plus his pay god what does he need the extra cash for he is real country like and I'm sure he got paid 10 lifetimes worth of cash working in Pro wrestling.

I see where you are coming from' date=' and it's a good idea, but the Brock fans will never be happy until Brock actually fights Fedor. If they do fight and Lashley is to win then the Brock fans will get all excited, but if Bob loses then they will say he isn't as good as Brock.

I think Bob will have to at least beat Overeem and Rogers before he gets to Fedor. I don't think strikeforce will put him in a title match after 4 fights like the UFC did with Brock.

Just My two cents.[/quote']

Brock way more better of a fighter and athlete then Lashley, plus he is more marketable

I'm not saying Brock sucks' date=' I just think they should have gave him a few more fights before giving him a title shot.[/quote']

But the fact that he won the title and went on to defend it with ease means it was a good decision.

As for Fedor, i don't think he'd want to fight Lashley. And i know there are a lot of people on here with a hard on for Fedor, but he is nothing but a can beater who has his opponents hand picked for him, and i'm telling you all now if he fights Lashley, he'll lose

I don't know if Fedor would lose to Lashley or not.

Regarding the original question...if Fedor beat Lashley does that mean he'd beat Lesnar. I'd say it's a hard thing to judge...because while they are both similar background wise..Lesnar has already faced..and dismantled top competition. The same can't be said for Lashley yet. He doesn't have a Mir or Couture under his belt. So...it's not easy to speculate at this point.

What I can definitely say regarding Fedor though..is I certainly don't want to see him fight Werdum...it's nothing more than another easy pay day..and it's a chance for SF to further market their "unbeatable number one"

If I could pick a fight outside of the UFC for Fedor to fight next. It would probably be against either...Lawal or Overeem. After that...I'd say Lashley...because you never know..he doesn't have the same quality of wins as Brock..but maybe he could if given the chance.

But Werdum....is just insulting really.

Cheers

-DR

Both are signed to Strikeforce if I'm not mistaken. I'm not saying Bobby Lashley deserves to fight or would beat Fedor for that matter but' date=' I think this would be interesting none the least. It would be a popular fight and not saying Lashley's wrestling is as good as Brock's but, he is still a great wrestler and so far has used his wrestling well in his fights. Also he is close to Lesnar in size and possibly strength.

So it would in my opinion answer a lot of questions about the dream fight between Fedor and Lesnar. What do you guys think? (sorry if this has been talked about) :)[/quote']

You seem like a nice guy so I won't flame you, but there is a much bigger gap between Cain Velasquez and Bobby Lashley than there is between Lesnar and Velasquez and Velasquez would get armbared by Fedor so there is absolutely no comparison, in fake wrestling they may have been an equal level so it would appear that Lashley is a lot like Brock. Believe me when I say Brock is on a whole nother level.

Velasquez who was 2-0 at the time or Big Nog who had interim title. Brock lost to Mir in the 1st then went to decision against Herring' date=' so I think at that time those would be good matches for him.[/quote']

Yeah I think there were plenty of other matches, the UFC just saw the title fight as the most marketable.

Cheers

-DR

Brock way more better of a fighter and athlete then Lashley' date=' plus he is more marketable[/quote']

You seem like a nice guy so I won't flame you' date=' but there is a much bigger gap between Cain Velasquez and Bobby Lashley than there is between Lesnar and Velasquez and Velasquez would get armbared by Fedor so there is absolutely no comparison, in fake wrestling they may have been an equal level so it would appear that Lashley is a lot like Brock. Believe me when I say Brock is on a whole nother level.[/quote']

Where do people get this idea? Lashley's Amatuer wrestling pedigree looks pretty much just the same as Brock's, plus he has a few more fights under his belts at this point. They are physically pretty close, but Brock is slightly larger. How can anyone assume that Brock is so much better when they have pretty much the same background and physicallity and Lashley even has military training on top.

But I agree with the marketability part.

I believe it was on these forums where i heard that Randy specifically requested to fight Brock.

Blame Randy.

I can't find any where were he says this..not saying it can't be true and if it is I bet he knew the draw power Brock would have and was helping the company in a way.

Regardless the UFC shouldn't have let him fought for the belt that soon.

I wish there was a 3 fight win streak rule before you can get a title shot.

Back on subject I don't think Lashley would win if I had to put money it haha of course I would go with Fedor. Lashley just seems so similar to Brock it would be interesting too see.

I believe it was on these forums where i heard that Randy specifically requested to fight Brock.

Blame Randy.

Yeah I'm not complaining about what happened..someone asked if there were other options other than Randy...and I was just commenting that..there were..

Kongo..Gonzaga...Carwin...Cain...etc.

Cheers

-DR

Archived