It would appear Vancouver is getting screwed on our event

K_Man

After looking at all of the upcoming fights, it looks like Vancouver will not get a title fight or even a decent main event for our first go with the UFC and the first UFC in Canada outside of Montreal. The only main event I see is Chuck vs. Tito III which lets be honost is quite a let down.....your thoughts?

It's way too early to tell what the card is going to look like, don't worry about it just yet.

Also I don't think Chuck vs Tito 3 will be the headliner, it's a co-main event at best.

June 12th may even be around the time that Brock is ready to return, so who knows what'll happen with this card.

After looking at all of the upcoming fights' date=' it looks like Vancouver will not get a title fight or even a decent main event for our first go with the UFC and the first UFC in Canada outside of Montreal. The only main event I see is Chuck vs. Tito III which lets be honost is quite a let down.....your thoughts?[/quote']

Way too early to make that presumption. You could very well get GSP against the winner of Fitch Alves or Daley and Kos depending on injuries. I also would be far from surprised if the Rampage and Rashad fight end ups getting pushed back till around then. You could also theoretically get a Sanchez v Florian, or Wanderlei v Franlyn rematch or Dos Santos v Cain bout but again it really depends on scheduling and very hard to say at this stage.

Chuck and Tito would be a great main event. You Canadians always think that yer getn screwed over. Thats event isnt even on untill 6 months from now.

I disagree, good co-main maybe but main? nah. They already fought twice chuck won big twice wont be any different this time. But yeah I'm not worried GSP n Frank Mir are fighting on 111 so it will prolly have a heavyweight or ww title fight on it.

GSP will fight on the Vancouver card after a quick uninjured victory over Hardy. He won't fight at Welterweight though' date=' he will fight someone at Middleweight.[/quote'] That's kinda short notice to be moving divisions. I would assume he would wanna take time gaining the weight properly and adjusting, he has said in the past that gaining weight isn't easy for him.

GSP will fight on the Vancouver card after a quick uninjured victory over Hardy. He won't fight at Welterweight though' date=' he will fight someone at Middleweight.[/quote']

Disagree I see his next fight being against winner of Fitch/Thiago or Daley/KOS. GSP will not move to middleweight before his teamate Nate Marquate gets a shot, he's said it a few times now.

Chuck and Tito would be a great main event. You Canadians always think that yer getn screwed over. Thats event isnt even on untill 6 months from now.

Chuck and Tito would be a GREAT main event ?? lmao are you serious , 2 has beens , the iceman with his concussion problems and Tito looking like a 40 yr old fighter?, US CANADIANS, dont think we're always getting screwed over, and thats a pretty crappy thing to say, not sure where your getting your info from but thats beyond the most idiotic comment. Thats like saying Tom lawler vs Chris leben would be a superfight lmao .

After looking at all of the upcoming fights' date=' it looks like Vancouver will not get a title fight or even a decent main event for our first go with the UFC and the first UFC in Canada outside of Montreal. The only main event I see is Chuck vs. Tito III which lets be honost is quite a let down.....your thoughts?[/quote']

my thoughts are tired of people complaining about the events, don't watch the PPV then, save your dollars and just watch the Spike or Versus/Score fight nights.

its WAY too early to tell right now what type of line-up the event will have.

gaurenteed since its the first in Vancouver, us Canadians are crazy, you bring anyone to Canada we'll go watch a fight.

Montreal fans get to see Rua again as he face Machida, that should be really good.

Vancouver will get some explosive bouts for sure.

my thoughts are tired of people complaining about the events' date=' don't watch the PPV then, save your dollars and just watch the Spike or Versus/Score fight nights.

its WAY too early to tell right now what type of line-up the event will have.

gaurenteed since its the first in Vancouver, us Canadians are crazy, you bring anyone to Canada we'll go watch a fight.

Montreal fans get to see Rua again as he face Machida, that should be really good.

Vancouver will get some explosive bouts for sure.[/quote']

I live in Vancouver and will be purchasing tickets regardless of who is fighting. It doesn't mean that for my first time going to a live event I can't hope for an awesome card. And as you can see by other posts people have shed some light on some really good potential match ups.

How the **** is that like saying Tom Lawlor vs Chris Leben is a superfight. Are you mentally retarded or something. The last Chuck and Tito match was maybe the biggest ever UFC fight and this time the fight will be after they coach against eachother on tuf which will make it even more exciting. I know they're not as good as they used to be but if you are not very excited about this fight then you mussn't be a big fan of mma.

It's way too early to tell what the card is going to look like' date=' don't worry about it just yet.

[b']Also I don't think Chuck vs Tito 3 will be the headliner, it's a co-main event at best.[/b]

June 12th may even be around the time that Brock is ready to return, so who knows what'll happen with this card.

It is absolutely a co-main event and hopefully not a main event at this point in their career but honestly I not be surprised to see the UFC disagree with that. I think Brock will be fighting in Boston if Dana has his way.

US Canadians don't think anything like that. I'm not even in B.C. and I'm happy that they're getting an event.

Hey' date=' you should just be happy they're coming...I want the UFC to come to my town so bad that I'd settle for watching Andy Wang fight a midget if it was all they had on the card.[/quote']

lmfao

I have considered driving to Vancouver just for this. But it'd have to be a good card to do that. A title fight, super fights, etc. Anything with GSP on it would do it. Most Canadian MMA fans worship GSP.

Canadians love getting attention and recognition. For example, our version of UFC Undisputed 2009 has GSP on the front. My friends and I were so happy. To be honest, we originally thought all the Americans had to deal with our fighter on it, but even after we saw Forrest Griffin on your version we were just as happy still.

The UFC will have to go through a few other Canadian cities first, but please, please, please come to Edmonton.

Please for the love of God come to Edmonton.

And if you bring GSP (or my personal favorite fighter, Griffin), I will officially take that as proof that God exists. If you bring both I'll go to church.

Archived