Frank Mir says Fedor cannot handle the bigger HW's

Amun

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Mir-Bowles-Benavidez-On-UFCWEC-Merger-Fedor-22034

"Mir says Fedor Emelianenko is too small to fight the bigger heavyweights. He said Brett Rogers, who is not a top-10 fighter, gave him fits because he was so much bigger than him. Mir described Fedor as ?5-11, 235 with a belly? and believes he could drop to 205 pounds."

MIR is 284 lbs.... and he still has 2 1/2 months until Carwin and Broc will be in trouble in June or July!
Brock is just going to kill him again, and put an end to all of this size talk. Then nobody will be able to use his size as an excuse.

Yea I wish he would come answer the questions and step in the octogan, the speculation is getting kinda old, you know it is kinda annoying the whole size debate tho, in every other weight class you can say I guy is a little bit bigger cause of cutting techniques and all but basically they are the same size, but in the heavyweight class its just outright chaotic, if it gets a little bit fuller I'd really like to see it split in half, superheavyweight class or such, cause the size difference is apparent, you know I think Fedor is super exciting but MIr may be right and someones size may eventually make a problem for Fedor, I think Mir should just consider the old shut up and let his fists talk be his method cause he just looks for something arrogant to say which isnt the same as being confident, I mean Fedor is a great warrior and a legend of the sport and Mir could respect that even if he wants to fight him, if he did beat him and that is a huuuge if then his win would be more impressive cause he didnt need to talk trash.

Ya...but understand...Mir is talking trash to Fedor.....to try to draw Fedor into the UFC...and he would want to be the 1st to fight him....will it work ? who knows.......but not a bad tactic....so let MIR say all he needs to....if Fedor...comes...great ...if he doesnt ...MIR and Dana can call him scared.

Theres nothing wrong with trash talking in the UFC......im tired of all the hugging and butt patting...and crying......and talking about their kids.....etc.

its Great to talk about family alittle in a fighting sport....but this isnt a oprah interview......what people really want to hear is what are you going to do to your opponent..and how...

MIR does that....and most of the time backs it up!

I agree and dont think Fedor would do well against the top 10 UFC fighters. He keeps dodging the ufc even when Dana had a good deal

i didnt say that i disagree, as much as i dont want to admit it i dont like his chances against brock but he always finds a way to win and if he did fight brock i would love to see him smash brocks head in

The UFC heaveyweight division is so weak it's laughable. In fact it's so bad that some clown with less than 2 years of mma trainning and only 1 professional fight can waltz in and take the title. Could you even imagine that happening in any other weight class? Is it even fathomable against title holders like Machida, Anderson, GSP or Penn? No it isn't and it was only possible because the UFC HW div is a joke.

If the UFC ever were to make a fair offer and bring in Fedor he would walk through every single one of these cans with the exception of big Nog who is the best fighter the UFC has in the HW div. I'm not saying he wouldn't beat Nog again, I just think it would be his toughest fight.

The UFC heaveyweight division is so weak it's laughable. In fact it's so bad that some clown with less than 2 years of mma trainning and only 1 professional fight can waltz in and take the title. Could you even imagine that happening in any other weight class? Is it even fathomable against title holders like Machida' date=' Anderson, GSP or Penn? No it isn't and it was only possible because the UFC HW div is a joke.

If the UFC ever were to make a fair offer and bring in Fedor he would walk through every single one of these cans with the exception of big Nog who is the best fighter the UFC had in the HW div. I'm not saying he wouldn't beat Nog again, I just think it would be his toughest fight.[/quote']

Is my signature stored in the favorites of your web browser?

I only see 5 Hw's in the UFC that would be a decent fight with Fedor, Mir, Nog, JDS, Carwin, and as much as I hate to even type his name, Lesnar.

Experience beats Carrwin, JDS, and Brock, but I think Nog and Mir could be stellar matchups with Fedor. I know Fedor has beaten Nog twice, but that was years ago and despite what many on this forum would have you believe, Nog is just hitting his prime as a fighter at 33 years old where his boxing and more importantly his mental game are catching up to his BJJ. Right now Mir is the most well rounded and skilled HW in the UFC but I doubt his mental game. I think most of the talking he does is to convince himself more than anyone else. What comes across as uber-confidence to most looks like overcompensation for a lack in confidence to me.

The reason Broc walked in with so little fight experience and won the title....is a couple reasons....

1. he got to fight a rusty Randy Couture after a long layoff.....and caught him behind hte ear with a lucky punch....randy had already cut broc....the fight was going to go bad for Broc and he was getting tired.

2. Is Brocs superior size ....no other weight class has that kind of size disadvantage....where one guy walks around at almost 300 lbs. and most of the rest of the Heavyweight division...is around 240 lbs, or less.(Mir will close that gap)

Fedor would have big trouble with Broc, carwin or MIR.

Nog is a non factor.......is moves like is is 10 years older then randy Couture....and the only way he beat couture was hes a bigger guy....but he barely beat him,.....and if there is another fight ...I would still pick randy....smarter fighter.

Here come the Hong Man Choi and Bob Sapp references. Like either of them can be considered a legit fighter.

haha and here come the brok lestard fan boys that clearly know nothing about the sport

when has fedor ever had a fight with bob sapp???

he pisses all over any ufc fighter-any true mma fan knows that!!!

I got your idiot....you bag on the head wearing *****!

talking about the fights is cool....but you want to start calling names.....you need to be smacked like the joke you are!

if you don't want to be called an idiot you should try not saying moronic things that cause you to appear to be a imbecilic dooling halfwit. Perhaps you could try learning a little about mma before coming to a forum and posting nonsense :)

I agree and dont think Fedor would do well against the top 10 UFC fighters. He keeps dodging the ufc even when Dana had a good deal

Any deal Dana offers him that doesn't include M-1 Clobal is bad deal for Fedor, considering the he owns a part of it and it is his backup plan for when he retires from fighting.

haha and here come the brok lestard fan boys that clearly know nothing about the sport

when has fedor ever had a fight with bob sapp???

he pisses all over any ufc fighter-any true mma fan knows that!!!

Since you are apparently new around here and obviously know nothing about me I am gonna let that slide, not getting in a rope skipping contest with a one legged man.

I've been watching, involved in training, and inside this sport since probably before you were born, seeing as you come in here acting like a 12 year old.

now to explain for the feeble minded. My point was that Fedor did face Bob Sapp in a Japan Pro Wreslting "exhibition" match once for Japanese TV and was awarded a win. Some delusional Fedor "fanboys" (that's original junior) have used that exact same logic to explain how Fedor destroys much larger men along with the Hong Man Choi fight.

Had you removed your head from your nether-regions and read the thread you may see that I state pretty plainly I think Fedor would beat Brock. How in the world in your brilliant estimation does that make me a "brok lestard fanboy"? (great spelling and grammar by the way genius)

Fedor is the best in the world at winning. Arlovski was handing it to him when Fedor caught him. Bret "the Tire Guy" Rogers was handing it to him til he got caught. I for one don't believe he is the unstoppable killng machine his acolytes believe he is. He is damn good and may be the best HW, but no-one is unbeatable. I happen to think Mir, Nog, and on his very best day, The Natural have the tools to beat him. Will we ever find this out? probably not.

But nevermind, I "clearly" know nothing about this sport.

Fedor is the best in the world at winning. Arlovski was handing it to him when Fedor caught him. Bret "the Tire Guy" Rogers was handing it to him til he got caught. I for one don't believe he is the unstoppable killng machine his acolytes believe he is. He is damn good and may be the best HW' date=' but no-one is unbeatable. I happen to think Mir, Nog, and on his very best day, The Natural have the tools to beat him. Will we ever find this out? probably not.

[/quote']

That's about the best post i've read regarding this magic Legacy that is Fedor. I will add there are others in the UFC that can handily beat this guy or have the tools to do it.

Fedor would be able to have his way with any hw from the UFC. After he crushed Sylvia in 36 seconds, Sylvia said Fedor is "not human" and "I've never been hit so hard in my life"...Nobody in the division would be able to stand with him... oh and other than MIR, big NOG has the best ground game for the rest of the heavyweights, and Fedor had his way w/him twice...Yes he does have a belly but his conditioning is ridiculous,however he never slows down. He has a relentless pace and btw he has the "mike tyson" fear factor (at anytime he can knock you out).

I got your idiot....you bag on the head wearing *****!

talking about the fights is cool....but you want to start calling names.....you need to be smacked like the joke you are!

Ya you call people a idiot on the internet....but your just a E thug....because you get your a** kicked in real life.......you know it BOY!

I find it amusing that the doofus who keeps threatening to smack me and kick my **** is calling me an internet thug. However, the truth is that I will humiliate you verbally and intellectually and if we ever were to meet at the gym or in the street I can guarantee that I would humiliate you physically...BOY :)

Fedor would be able to have his way with any hw from the UFC. After he crushed Sylvia in 36 seconds' date=' Sylvia said Fedor is "not human" and "I've never been hit so hard in my life"...Nobody in the division would be able to stand with him... oh and other than MIR, big NOG has the best ground game for the rest of the heavyweights, and Fedor had his way w/him twice...Yes he does have a belly but his conditioning is ridiculous,however he never slows down. He has a relentless pace and btw he has the "mike tyson" fear factor (at anytime he can knock you out).[/quote']

Tim Sylvia, really???? That guy isn't going to hurt any of the top HWs right now period. Couture owned Sylvia and look what happend to him. Mir got owned by Lesnar both fights albeit he pulled off a lucky leg lock when the fight was stopped at the hands of the worst ref in the sport.

I know Nog was sick but where was his ground game against Mir?

I hate these threads they're like a horrible accident you just can't look away. Point is all we have is speculation; some MUCH better than others. This fight will not happen because Fedor does not have much to gain from it and that's it. If he cared about his ranking he'd be fighting in the UFC I don't care no matter how you slice it. He had his chance and to say it was an impossible scenario is b.s. DW made the offer he declined end of story.

The UFC heaveyweight division is so weak it's laughable. In fact it's so bad that some clown with less than 2 years of mma trainning and only 1 professional fight can waltz in and take the title. Could you even imagine that happening in any other weight class? Is it even fathomable against title holders like Machida' date=' Anderson, GSP or Penn? No it isn't and it was only possible because the UFC HW div is a joke.

If the UFC ever were to make a fair offer and bring in Fedor he would walk through every single one of these cans with the exception of big Nog who is the best fighter the UFC has in the HW div. I'm not saying he wouldn't beat Nog again, I just think it would be his toughest fight.[/quote']

Dude, Nog had trouble with a 46 year old "natural" 205 pound fighter. Nog is very good, and I'm really pulling for him against pillow fist Velasquez, but I think Mir/Lesnar would smash him to peices. Just my opinion.

Tim Sylvia' date=' really???? That guy isn't going to hurt any of the top HWs right now period. Couture owned Sylvia and look what happend to him. Mir got owned by Lesnar both fights albeit he pulled off a lucky leg lock when the fight was stopped at the hands of the worst ref in the sport.

I know Nog was sick but where was his ground game against Mir?

I hate these threads they're like a horrible accident you just can't look away. Point is all we have is speculation; some MUCH better than others. This fight will not happen because Fedor does not have much to gain from it and that's it. If he cared about his ranking he'd be fighting in the UFC I don't care no matter how you slice it. He had his chance and to say it was an impossible scenario is b.s. DW made the offer he declined end of story.[/quote']

-- Couture couldn't hold Fedor's nuts...Couture is the most overrated fighter in the history of ufc along w/ken shamrock...a record that consists of 10 losses to ppl like chuck/vitor/ and if u ask me he lost to vera. couture didn't even finish sylvia, he won by decision, who has he really beat? tito, big deal, who can't in the ufc!!...nog had a staph infection against mir so he wasnt in top shape for that fight, and if u ask me he took mir a little lightly. Fedor would absolutely crush couture wouldn't be close.

Fedor isn't coming to the UFC because he would lose SO much if he lost. If he wasn't considered the top HW fighter in MMA history, he wouldn't draw a crowd, and he wouldn't make money. Say he came to the UFC and got pounded by JDS. His image as a beast would be instantly crushed. It would be a "THE RUSSIAN IS CUT!!! THE RUSSIAN IS CUT!!!" moment.

2. Is Brocs superior size ....no other weight class has that kind of size disadvantage....where one guy walks around at almost 300 lbs. and most of the rest of the Heavyweight division...is around 240 lbs, or less.(Mir will close that gap)

Fedor would have big trouble with Broc, carwin or MIR.

I definately agree with this except for the part about Carwin. Carwin has not been tested enough (IMO). I wrote something similar a while back about the size disp. in the

HW division. I think MIR and Lesnar would be a great fight against Fedor, but both would have to end the fight fast. I think Fedor probably has a better gas tank than both of these guys.

On a side note does anyone know how much stronger MIR is now, because it's functional strength, and not weight that he needs? The extra weight will be a detrimental when he ends up on his back, unless it translates into functional strenght. Yes, I know he's training with a stronman competitor, and taking his strenght and conditioning serious, but what have his gains been? Don't get me wrong I like MIR, and I'd like to see him beat Lesnar.

-- Couture couldn't hold Fedor's nuts...Couture is the most overrated fighter in the history of ufc along w/ken shamrock...a record that consists of 10 losses to ppl like chuck/vitor/ and if u ask me he lost to vera. couture didn't even finish sylvia' date=' he won by decision, who has he really beat? tito, big deal, who can't in the ufc!!...nog had a staph infection against mir so he wasnt in top shape for that fight, and if u ask me he took mir a little lightly. Fedor would absolutely crush couture wouldn't be close.[/quote']

I wasn't arguing that Couture would beat Fedor but more pointing out that Sylvia lost to Couture who's not done that well in the HW division; therefore, who cares what Sylvia says about how hard Fedor hits. Who the hell has Sylvia fought that makes that statement impressive?

All big competition Fedor has faced had limited skill, were not athletic, or a combination of.

fedor need to step up in a octagon and prove him self all this hipe for and in the rogers fight he got the crap beat out of him by bret ,yes fedor won but did anyone got to see the pics of his face the next day if bret rogers a guy that got little mma training that was changing tires before can do that to him makes me wonder how good is he ?

Let's face it, Frank Mir is just a troll. He likes to make controversial statements to get the mma fans all riled up. The guy is a tool and I have learned to just ignore everything he says.

The funny thing is, he does a pretty good job at commentating on WEC. However, anytime he does interviews he just tries to troll the media.

I agree. Fedor had his chance to sign and I don't want to hear about how he doesn't need this or that. If he wants to be #1 currently he needs to continue to fight in the #1 HW talent division THE UFC.

Fedor is the number one fighter by all polls. Even Joe Rogan says he is the best fighter, Big John, the Ref seems to think so as well. It is up to the UFC to make it happen. They are the only fighting organization that does not allow their fighters to fight outside the UFC.

Fedor is the number one fighter by all polls. Even Joe Rogan says he is the best fighter' date=' Big John, the Ref seems to think so as well. It is up to the UFC to make it happen. They are the only fighting organization that does not allow their fighters to fight outside the UFC.[/quote']

You are right and I am aware that he's ranked #1. But until he defends that ranking against #2 then....... It's just a dog and poney show

listen. fedor is a great fighter and a legend, BUT if he truely wnted to be known as the best, then he has to go into the ufc! im sick of people going on sayin the ufc HW is crap because youre an idiot if u think that, Alistair overeem! really! is he that good then?? NO! i think fedor would get beat by a few heavyweights in the ufc. Also, why do people keep sayin mir's gonna beat brock??? as long as brock is fully fit and in top shape against him, he will destroy him! Did all you people not watch the last fight? I did and mirs face was totally f***d after the brutal beat down he received. think in fact folks!

I wasn't arguing that Couture would beat Fedor but more pointing out that Sylvia lost to Couture who's not done that well in the HW division; therefore' date=' who cares what Sylvia says about how hard Fedor hits. Who the hell has Sylvia fought that makes that statement impressive?

All big competition Fedor has faced had limited skill, were not athletic, or a combination of.[/quote']

I agree with you about his competition and i would give my left arm to see him fight in the ufc, but the man just doesn't lose. He was in loads of trouble against coleman, and came back and finished him right after he got slammed. I honestly dont think lesnar would stand a chance against him. Fedor is too quick and a lot stronger than ppl think, he's very athletic as is lesnar but his punching power is much more than brock's. ...btw i would have loved to see carwin shut brock lesnar up, i feel like mir will never beat brock but mir will give carwin trouble. and as odd as it sounds i think carwin would beat lesnar lol

Maybe he think he have give already his best y in pride,and maybe you(me also) guys want to seee him in the ufc but put yourself in his shoes about the M1 Global Thing.If you earn a share like him you make sure the business go well.And if Dana want so much to see his fighters fights Fedor,well...bring them to him,it's for the fan no?.But no Dana want his bucks 1st

You are right and I am aware that he's ranked #1. But until he defends that ranking against #2 then....... It's just a dog and poney show

Is this Fedor's fault? Nope, if Dana wanted to show the world bad enough I am sure Strikeforce would allow Fedor to fight anyone from the UFC. Now knowing how arrogant Dana is, surely he would want to do this, right?

listen. fedor is a great fighter and a legend' date=' BUT if he truely wnted to be known as the best, then he has to go into the ufc! im sick of people going on sayin the ufc HW is crap because youre an idiot if u think that, Alistair overeem! really! is he that good then?? NO! i think fedor would get beat by a few heavyweights in the ufc. Also, why do people keep sayin mir's gonna beat brock??? as long as brock is fully fit and in top shape against him, he will destroy him! Did all you people not watch the last fight? I did and mirs face was totally f***d after the brutal beat down he received. think in fact folks![/quote']

Why can't the UFC go to him?

Is this Fedor's fault? Nope' date=' if Dana wanted to show the world bad enough I am sure Strikeforce would allow Fedor to fight anyone from the UFC. Now knowing how arrogant Dana is, surely he would want to do this, right?[/quote']

Dana wanted Fedor in the UFC hence his offer. FEDOR TURNED IT DOWN. I know nothing of any efforts of fighters to go over to strikeforce other than they are getting older or mad at Dana. IMHO if you leave UFC to go to Strikeforce, it's like leaving the Majors for the Minors or leaving Microsoft to go to spanky's computers inc.

Honestly I would not be suprised to see Dana let the HW UFC champ fight Fedor outside the UFC if this b.s. continues.

Dana wanted Fedor in the UFC hence his offer. FEDOR TURNED IT DOWN. I know nothing of any efforts of fighters to go over to strikeforce other than they are getting older or mad at Dana. IMHO if you leave UFC to go to Strikeforce' date=' it's like leaving the Majors for the Minors or leaving Microsoft to go to spanky's computers inc.

Honestly I would not be suprised to see Dana let the HW UFC champ fight Fedor outside the UFC if this b.s. continues.[/quote']

He turned it down because he woudl not be able to keep his log M1 adn woudl not be able to fight for any other organization. We can go back and forth with the why's of it, it all comes down to this: If Dana wants one of his fighters,perferably Mir to fight Fedor Strikeforce woudl be happy to allow this to happen.

Strikeforce has good fighters and they have fighters that are not so good, but so does the UFC.

Archived