GSP vs Anderson Silva!?

rhey09

Guys this is his very first post, he'll learn, no need for the smartass remarks.

Anyway I don't think GSP would do very well in the MW division, the reason he's such a dominant WW fighter is because he's pretty big and strong for a WW. Of course he's incredibly skilled as well, but that'll only carry you so far when fighting bigger opponents. Just look at Frank Mir vs Brock Lesnar 2.

Overall I don't think GSP could control Anderson Silva on the ground the way he does with most WWs so the fight would end up on the feet a lot of the time where Anderson Silva has a significant advantage and would probably end up T(KO)ing GSP.

Well damn...I hadn't thought about it. Thanks for bringing this possible match-up to my attention for the first time.

if u dnt like it then dnt comment on it. jus go to a diff thread seriously. and gsp would win if he moved up and did it right. as long as he doesnt move up n gets sluggish he will dominate. anderson is the s#!t but gsp will connect n take him down no ?

It would be interesting. I think Silva will be too big for GSP and I think he's far better than GSP standing up, whilst St-Pierre will probably get the fight to the ground I don't think he will be able to impose himself on someone like Silva for too long and it will end up back on the feet again. I think it would probably go to decision as I can't see Silva actually finishing GSP but he would probably outclass him standing.

i dont think gsp will ever move to mw, i think he has the mentality penn should have, why move up and risk your p4p status? he clearly dominates his weight class, and probably could for years, i as a fan would love to watch anderson silva fight him, because i think he has the grapplin to keep it on the feet and use his muay thai, but gsp wont move up, he has no reason too

I would love to see this superfight, but I dont know if its realy feasable right now for either fighter , ...as when they interviewed GSP, he said that he's gained some size and muscle but so has Silva, so he can fight in LHW and there was talk about Silva maybe going to HW for a match vs Frank Mir, please dont quote me but I kno there was talk about it. As anyone knows once you put on the muscle to get to a higher weight class, its brutaly hard on your body to reverse the affect unless its muscle atrophy, and we all know of Silva's and GSP's training, they both are monsters so thats highly unlikely.

Guys this is his very first post' date=' he'll learn, no need for the smartass remarks.

Anyway I don't think GSP would do very well in the MW division, the reason he's such a dominant WW fighter is because he's pretty big and strong for a WW. Of course he's incredibly skilled as well, but that'll only carry you so far when fighting bigger opponents. Just look at Frank Mir vs Brock Lesnar 2.

Overall I don't think GSP could control Anderson Silva on the ground the way he does with most WWs so the fight would end up on the feet a lot of the time where Anderson Silva has a significant advantage and would probably end up T(KO)ing GSP.[/quote']

lets not forget that anderson silva can be taken down and controlled example dan henderson. anderson would have the advantage on the feet gsp on the ground but the slight edge 2 anderson because every fight starts standing

Guys this is his very first post' date=' he'll learn, no need for the smartass remarks.

Overall I don't think GSP could control Anderson Silva on the ground the way he does with most WWs so the fight would end up on the feet a lot of the time where Anderson Silva has a significant advantage and would probably end up T(KO)ing GSP.[/quote']

+1. very intelligent post

Yea and the few people that get talked about controlling Anderson on the ground well... Getting choked out and triangled/skull caved in isnt really control. They get a takedown and maybe have a brief moment of success, not any kind of damaging success which is then followed by the proof that his jitsu is bout at good as his standup. GSP is a heck of a wrestler but he is gonna be minus his size advantage and he is gonna be dealing with a long guy who isnt a weak twig. No way does GSP pull this one out.

the henderson fight was completely different, henderson is a bigger 185, gsp will be an average one, if not a little small, and henderson got choked out, i think gsp is capable of takin him down, he is a very underrated wrestler, but controllin the long limbs of silva is no easy task and he doesnt wanna risk it with a ligitimate black belt, who aside from penn( who is smaller, to the point he could fight at 145) he hasnt dominated on the ground

GSP may not have the power to hold Anderson on the ground, but if it got there... Have you seen Anderson really show off wicked skills on the ground since being in the UFC? The two submissions he had were a sloppey triangle that had elbows to help, and a big brother choke that wasnt too impressive. I really think Anderson would have fits trying to keep it standing against GSP. If it were on the feet longer than 2 straight minutes, GSP is a sparring dummy.

honestly i cant reacall any other fights than those that were substantially on the ground, the rest were displays of dominance in the striking game, or boredom with leites and cote, lutter is a serious black belt too, any triangle would be hard to come by, and it tapped him so it had to be kinda tight

for those mentioning Dan Handerson controlling Silva in that first round, Henderson can take just about anybody down with his wrestling, thats it!

he may have controlled that first round but when Silva has something in mind, which was NOT to have that happen in the second, he puts it into action. Silva walked back to the corner after that first round thinking "That's not happening the second round"

GSP would compete well with the MW division (not that he's going to go into the division Marquardt is still a contender, until he's not and goes back down in ranking) GSP probably won't even do it. He is a larger WW and an average MW, Anderson Silva is a larger MW but a natural LHW, just based on that alone I think Anderson is too big for GSP

if ever GSP move up to Middleweight...

who will win?^^

No disrespect to GSP, he is a great WW but Anderson Silva wouls absolutly dominate him where ever the fight went. I think that after shogun takes the LHW belt from Machida that Silva should move up and take the LHW belt.

gsp would be too small against anderson who can easily move up to 205, which makes him a massive 185

anderson is also a better striker than gsp

btw i dont think any1 will beat anderson, i know a lot of people say hes running from belfort but when that fight happens he will still be the champ

Archived