Who will lose first in their respective divisions..BJ/GSP/SILVA/MACHIDA?

jman5889

I'd have to go w/machida just because how deep it is' date=' although i think the only people who can beat machida is shogun,jon jones, and possibly little Nog.[/quote']

Well right now it's hard not to say Machida cause he's the only one who really has any competition. I would say GSP or Silva after Machida.

i also can't see jones beating machida anytime soon. give it time and im sure he will be able to, but i doubt Machida will even have the belt still. Beating up matt hamil is not enough evidence for me.

I think GSP will be the first to lose. 170 has some of the better up and comers that are itching to either fight GSP again, or for the first time. Machida is gonna beat Shogun again (for real this time) and really everyone else in the LHW division attacks and falls right into Machida's technical striking, Silva has no competition at 185 PERIOD, and BJ is simply so far above the 155 division in skill that its retarded.

Well right now it's hard not to say Machida cause he's the only one who really has any competition. I would say GSP or Silva after Machida.

i also can't see jones beating machida anytime soon. give it time and im sure he will be able to' date=' but i doubt Machida will even have the belt still. Beating up matt hamil is not enough evidence for me.[/quote']

jon jones destroyed hammil who is a real tough guy...jones takes risks and is very lanky which would give machida trouble cuz he wont be able to get inside to hit him..there is no way gsp loses in welterweight division, he destroyed alves( who i thought had a legit chance to beat him), and as for the 185 division theres no chance silva loses to belfort or marquart. since we were waiting for silva to recover we should have seen belfort vs. marquart, that would have been a brawl.

jon jones destroyed hammil who is a real tough guy...jones takes risks and is very lanky which would give machida trouble cuz he wont be able to get inside to hit him..there is no way gsp loses in welterweight division' date=' he destroyed alves( who i thought had a legit chance to beat him), and as for the 185 division theres no chance silva loses to belfort or marquart. since we were waiting for silva to recover we should have seen belfort vs. marquart, that would have been a brawl.[/quote']

I think that he can lose before anybody else because Kos looks way better and more technical in his striking. He is the only real threat that is in the WW division. He can beat GSP the second go.

I think GSP will be the first to lose. 170 has some of the better up and comers that are itching to either fight GSP again' date=' or for the first time. Machida is gonna beat Shogun again (for real this time) and really everyone else in the LHW division attacks and falls right into Machida's technical striking, Silva has no competition at 185 PERIOD, and BJ is simply so far above the 155 division in skill that its retarded.[/quote']

Alves was a superstar until he got into the cage with GSP. You can't tell who's a better up and comer until a title fight because the champions are just that much better than anyone else in the bottom 3 weight divisions. Penn, GSP, and Silva will not lose their titles this year.

I think that he can lose before anybody else because Kos looks way better and more technical in his striking. He is the only real threat that is in the WW division. He can beat GSP the second go.

Kos got knocked out by a BJJ fighter lol , his chin is suspect, and how has he realy evolved, he runs in and swings, watch him, he puts his head down and throws the haymaker, and sure if it connects people sleep but he still isnt in the same class as GSP, .. get KOS to fight Daly, then tell me he's superiourly technical lol .

jon jones destroyed hammil who is a real tough guy...jones takes risks and is very lanky which would give machida trouble cuz he wont be able to get inside to hit him..there is no way gsp loses in welterweight division' date=' he destroyed alves( who i thought had a legit chance to beat him), and as for the 185 division theres no chance silva loses to belfort or marquart. since we were waiting for silva to recover we should have seen belfort vs. marquart, that would have been a brawl.[/quote']

I've always been skeptical of jones, just like i was with silva's own talent. But with every fight he shows he's the real deal. Machida will be the first to lose, then gsp, and then silva.

they said alves striking was better than gsp and what did he do, he beat the hell out of him w/striking and takedowns easily...they said penn had superior ground game, and gsp had his way w/him...kos has great striking and yes a brilliant wrestling background, but i can see gsp just gnp him till the ref steps in to stop it.

gotta say machida too, no one in 155 is near bj, same in 185 for silva, 170 is a quick risin division, but daley and hardy are pure strikers with suspect take down defense, and he has beaten koscheck i think the best matchup for him stylistically is rumble johnson, but he is underdeveloped at the moment, the only one with legitimate comp right now is machida, who i personally thought lost it already

Crashin, Kos underestimated Paulo and was caught up in his own hype. He smated up, and is more focused now. He would beat Daley too. Not with striking, but with his wrestling.

jman, I see what youre sayin, but Alves was clearly unprepared for the grappling of GSP and wanted to strike. I really think GSP is going to be surprised by somebody, and I think its going to be Koscheck.

well i would have chosen shane carwin to beat brock lesnar at 106 and 108 before it got called off etc, also you have to predict that lesnar will probably have slight ring rust and cardio issues on his return so...

...i dont think belfort will beat silva, i dont think hardy will beat st pierre, i dont think edgar will beat penn

shogun has the most legit chance of beating machida so, apparently brock will be back before summer so am guessing it will either be him or machida that loses their title first

x

As much as it pains me to say it I really dont think Anderson will ever lose that MW belt. Now if machida loses his belt we may see anderson move up.. I mean why not (although now with lil nog in there he will probably eventually have to face someone from his own camp). BJ probably wont lose at LW(thats a probably). GSP is the anderson silva of WW he is just a giant, did anyone see him next to Alves? He made alves look like a child with those stubby legs and arms :P. So machida will beat shogun (He knows what he has to do now) but then probably lose it eventually, A silva will either retire the MW champ and get stripped of the belt, GSP probably wont lose until someone Matt Serra's his **** again, and there isnt anyone in the LW division now that even stands to last past the 2nd round with bj.

I think this year we will have a new LHW and HW champion. Those two weight classes have the most seasoned and talented fighters IMO. The MW and LW divisions are on lock for right now with no real competition in sight. The WW division has a lot of new comers and a few re-challengers but IMO nothing serious for GSP.

on any given night. Just ask GSP and Machida(Who did lose). It well all come down to who gets bored or starts taking challengers lightly first. With that said, I think it well be Penn who loses his title first. While he his easily the best LW ever, he well not continue training like a beast and well get outmuscled by some wrestler like Edgar(prob too small), Maynard, or even Griffin. Machida well comeback better then ever. GSP has shown no one well be beating him anytime soon.(Least of all Kos) And Silva, well he's da' Spyder, enough said.

on any given night. Just ask GSP and Machida(Who did lose). It well all come down to who gets bored or starts taking challengers lightly first. With that said' date=' I think it well be Penn who loses his title first. While he his easily the best LW ever, he well not continue training like a beast and well get outmuscled by some wrestler like Edgar(prob too small), Maynard, or even Griffin. Machida well comeback better then ever. GSP has shown no one well be beating him anytime soon.(Least of all Kos) [b']And Silva, well he's da' Spyder, enough said.[/b]

Actually he's "The Spider" Kendall Grove is "Da Spyder" Just thought i would put that out there.

I think GSP will be the first to lose. 170 has some of the better up and comers that are itching to either fight GSP again' date=' or for the first time. Machida is gonna beat Shogun again (for real this time) and really everyone else in the LHW division attacks and falls right into Machida's technical striking, Silva has no competition at 185 PERIOD, and BJ is simply so far above the 155 division in skill that its retarded.[/quote']

+1

I think that GSP will give up his belt to KOS maybe by the end of the year if the UFC gives KOS another chance

Also, does anyone want to see Anthony Johnson fight Paul Daley?

I could see Anderson Silva being the first to lose his belt if he still wants to retire after 3 more fights in the UFC. I think BJ, GSP, and Machida could hold onto their belts until then. But if someone were to LOSE the belt I think the most likely fighter to lose it is Machida because the LHW division is stacked.

Crashin' date=' Kos underestimated Paulo and was caught up in his own hype. He smated up, and is more focused now. He would beat Daley too. Not with striking, but with his wrestling.

jman, I see what youre sayin, but Alves was clearly unprepared for the grappling of GSP and wanted to strike. I really think GSP is going to be surprised by somebody, and I think its going to be Koscheck.[/quote']

+1

KOS will come in respecting GSP's wrestling more next time. Daley and Rumble haven't proven themselves worthy of title shot yet, maybe they should fight each other.

they said alves striking was better than gsp and what did he do' date=' he beat the hell out of him w/striking and takedowns easily...they said penn had superior ground game, and gsp had his way w/him...kos has great striking and yes a brilliant wrestling background, but i can see gsp just gnp him till the ref steps in to stop it.[/quote']

Penn did a great job for a little guy against that beast of a man.

He never stood a chance with the size difference. He will never be a real 170

Machida easily. No one will beat the other three. A. Silva could hold both LHW and MW belts for a long time easily. Theres no way George would lose his belt to Kos, thats a F'in joke. Seriously some of the crap that people believe... So many fans in denial, especially on these forums.

Archived